Love Life Talk

Sapphire

Oh, it's a whole matter of vision. Most people don't realize that, by not being all lovely dovely, they have the chance to do other stuff. I mean, after all, we only have 24 hours every day. Not being in a relationship means you have a whole more time to do other stuff you like or other things. So, being alone, at this young age, doesn't mean you are screwed  :wink:

Yeah, I have lots of free time,

my younger classmates do not have it. :lol:

again not true some people are put on the earth to find love others to make history or do somthing else important. and some people are blessed with both :roll:

Wow. Determanism. Not seen that in a while.

Anyway, the idea of another half, or destiny, or soulmates ect. is again that disney stuff I mentioned earlier and so far removed from the real world that you will be disappointed.

Guest Julius Quasar

Over in China, the "Gold Digger" trend has caught on like wildfire. 

With too many men outnumbering women, and that stupid "One Child Only" policy,

the women have the cards there, especially the beautiful women. 

They won't marry or even DATE a guy unless he has an apartment or better, no older than the year 2000 or newer, and their own car, "something better than a minivan".

(Imagine how well a guy with his own HOUSE and a BMW could do in that kinda dating scene....course, to make that kinda money he'd have to born into it, or invent something popular, or be a Triad mafia thug).  Sounds like the dating scene here in SoCal.  :x

These Chinese women say "I'd rather cry while in a BMW, than smile and ride on the back or handlebars of a [boyfriend's] bike."

Over in China, the "Gold Digger" trend has caught on like wildfire. 

With too many men outnumbering women, and that stupid "One Child Only" policy,

the women have the cards there, especially the beautiful women. 

They won't marry or even DATE a guy unless he has an apartment or better, no older than the year 2000 or newer, and their own car, "something better than a minivan".

(Imagine how well a guy with his own HOUSE and a BMW could do in that kinda dating scene....course, to make that kinda money he'd have to born into it, or invent something popular, or be a Triad mafia thug).  Sounds like the dating scene here in SoCal.  :x

These Chinese women say "I'd rather cry while in a BMW, than smile and ride on the back or handlebars of a [boyfriend's] bike."

I find it depressing how much weight some girls seem to put on looks and possessions :(

in devolping countries it will, has , and always been that way.

um, in  most developing countries, women haven't had the option of being gold-diggers, bc they dont usually choose their own husbands

Guest Para Astaroth

Well, this topic started a little late since my last relationship ended June 7th.  So, I don't have ANYTHING to discuss about a relationship.  Other than the fact that living the life as a single is better than being in a relationship because you don't have to worry about your soulmate.

um, in  most developing countries, women haven't had the option of being gold-diggers, bc they dont usually choose their own husbands

It happens here, too.

On a quick note, there will

allways be these two kinds

of people:

|--->People who want to be with

|      you because they love you.

|

you because they love your money.

It happens here and there, not because

a country is developed or underdeveloped.

Guest Julius Quasar

I find it depressing how much weight some girls seem to put on looks and possessions :(

Yeah...that's very prevalent here in SoCal.

Marina Del Rey, CA., is, literally, the divorce capital of the world, I've heard. 

America has the world's highest divorce rate....throwaway society(?)

I personally would make sure that I marry someone, and stay married to them for life, even if it ends in a murder-suicide death pact.

It's logical from a evolution sense. It's also why adultery is common. They need a stable man long term to provide, but it wealth, protection, infuence, ect. But they also want good genes and socially desirable boyfriends, who are anything but stable. So, they marry a man who is stable, but have sex with the man who has the good genes and/or they get use to raise their social status.

It happens here, too.

On a quick note, there will

allways be these two kinds

of people:

|      you because they love you.

|

you because they love your money.

It happens here and there, not because

a country is developed or underdeveloped.

This is true

It's logical from a evolution sense. It's also why adultery is common. They need a stable man long term to provide, but it wealth, protection, infuence, ect. But they also want good genes and socially desirable boyfriends, who are anything but stable. So, they marry a man who is stable, but have sex with the man who has the good genes and/or they get use to raise their social status.

I dont think you should paint all us girls with that brush. I, personally, don't need any man to provide for me, bc im perfectly capable of getting off my own ass and providing myself money and things, and working hard enough to build up my own influence in whatever feild of influence I might need. And in the current social climate, the men that are "socially desirable" make shivers run down my spine. Also, to me at least, monogamy is of the utmost importance.

Marraige isn't supposed to be a thing of conveinence, its supposed to be a promise of love from one person to another. A relationship isn't supposed to be for convenience either. It supposed to be hard as hell sometimes, but overall deeply rewarding on a personal level, not a material one. Not everyone thinks in dollars and cents.

NOT to say, that some girls think exactly like you say they do, but lets not forget that some men can be users too. There are assholes out there, and sadly, they continue to breed >.>

Fair enough. Provided you don't treat all guys as the horny rapists most women see us as.

Question. Why is manogamy the most important thing?

As for marrage. Are we talking legal or religious?

Legal marrage is completly for convienience. If anything it's a disgrace that you have to married to control who get's your stuff should you cop it.

Religious marrage doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't need a guy to tell me who it's ok to love.

No, that's not it...

The fact how the way things work in our time just makes want run another to part of the planet and never come back...

Guest Para Astaroth

Like I said before in a PM, or topic, the longer you stay with your soulmate, the more stress you will be putting on yourself and you worry so much about them.  So, I'm keeping my distance from dating ANYONE so I can focus on school (I've made a promise to a few people that I am taking school seriously this year and am pushing for straight A's)

Also, I just can't f***ing stand it when girls say that "Guys are like dogs --they want sex all the time."  It's just making the more reason to not like and date that person.

To me it is because I can not share

love. Yeah, right, now you can say

that I never had a girlfriend (or

boyfriend) and thus you might say

I do not know what I am talking about.

Well, it is not that easy. I simply do not

think you can love more than 'one' people

to be your mate. Otherwise, they become

what they were in ancient times: Sex objects.

Thus, monogamy is important to me in the sense

that I can not love 2 girls at the same time, NOR

I would be happy if my girlfriend had another boyfriend

at the same time. I would feel objectized. :(

Legal marrage is completly for convienience.

While technically true, that does not means

you 'marry for' convenience. In my country

in fact there have to be 10 years to even think of

'sharing' the holdings.

And as an Atheist, I can tell you that being legally

married is the only way to say 'I am married'.

While technically true, that does not means

you 'marry for' convenience. In my country

in fact there have to be 10 years to even think of

'sharing' the holdings.

And as an Atheist, I can tell you that being legally

married is the only way to say 'I am married'.

I've never been in love either, but the idea of only having love for one is a very recent idea. I can't properly debunk the idea without getting technical anout naughty bits, but it will I will say simply that evolution, history, personal preference and possably even cultural elements disagree with you.

I've never been in love either, but the idea of only having love for one is a very recent idea. I can't properly debunk the idea without getting technical anout naughty bits, but it will I will say simply that evolution, history, personal preference and possably even cultural elements disagree with you.

Cultural elements and

history of my country

support me.

Additionally, I am one of those

guys who wholeheartedly support

genetic modification for benefical

purposes, therefore evolution/mutation

is something I do not really take into

account.

I can not share love. Sure, you 'can' share

'sex', but not love.

Fair enough. Provided you don't treat all guys as the horny rapists most women see us as.

I treat the horny rapists like horny rapists, and the real, decent men like real, decent men.

Well, if you want to look at it logically, its safer. Multiple partners in a relationship mean multiple sex partners, which makes the chances of STI much more likely. But for me, its mostly a personal thing. I guess I just see it as a trust/ respect thing."You are the one, and I only want you". I suppose this comes from the culture that I live in, but I think that love needs to be one at a time. And since I refuse to have multiple partners out of respect and love of my partner, i expect the same from him.

I think that this is also a good point

Legal marrage is completly for convienience. If anything it's a disgrace that you have to married to control who get's your stuff should you cop it.

Religious marrage doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't need a guy to tell me who it's ok to love.

Well, I doubt I'll ever have to deal with religious marriage so i don't have much to say about that.

As for legal marriage, i suppose, but hell, you're legally married once you share a house for a year or two! So the half-your-stuff thing kinda is unavoidable. You also have to remember that for some ppl, marriage is also a sort of comfort. some ppl just want to get married, because it makes them feel good.

I don't really know how i feel about it. I find those massive, expensive weddings with that dress that costs hundreds/thousands of dollars all a bit exessive, but i suppose the idea of spending a day where all our family and friends get together to celebrate love would be kinda nice. I suppose I'm on the fence. If my partner was adament that they wanted to get married, then i wouldnt say no, but if they were also adament that they DIDNT want to, i doubt i would say no to that, either.

Like I said before in a PM, or topic, the longer you stay with your soulmate, the more stress you will be putting on yourself and you worry so much about them.  So, I'm keeping my distance from dating ANYONE so I can focus on school (I've made a promise to a few people that I am taking school seriously this year and am pushing for straight A's)

I used to have a similar opinion

Also, I just can't f***ing stand it when girls say that "Guys are like dogs --they want sex all the time."  It's just making the more reason to not like and date that person.

I'm getting sick of these sweeping generalizations of the opposite sex, and i really think that these things just come out of people's mouths because people want to sounds witty, like they've been there and they know what they're talking about (sadly, this statement has the threat of being another sweeping generalization) I can't believe that a girl would actually say that about a guy, just like I can't believe some of the shit that i hear out of some guys mouths about girls

Cultural elements and

history of my country

support me.

Additionally, I am one of those

guys who wholeheartedly support

genetic modification for benefical

purposes, therefore evolution/mutation

is something I do not really take into

account.

I can not share love. Sure, you 'can' share

'sex', but not love.

While I can't speak for your culture, If it like ours poligamy is illegal? How about most people favouring vigins or the male fantasy for a 3some? Also, maybe if you knew the reason for monogamous marrage, your world view would shatter?

The reason monogamy was invented is .......Money, Racism and Elitism.

Yes, the laws on monogamy were designed so the rish could control their assets, to keep the human race pure (be it all white, black, yellow ect) and to make sure no filthy comoner got into the fold. Social desires such as a premium on viginity were made to enforce those ideals. You can look it up, but if you are not willing to do that, almost any monarcy had some inbred related desieses due to this.

As for what was standard before the rise of monogamy? Depends on the resources. One man to a few 'wives' was the norm, (If monogamy was true, there's alot of adulty going on), but in times of desperation or just holding steady, 1 woman with lots of guys to look after her was the order of the day. (This was before womens lib and when wars killed more people with disentery then battle)

That's not to say all men should have multiple wives. Just saying it's an option. I only want 1 and to be honest I'd be lucky if I could keep her happy enough to stick around. Plus I have issues with trust and I love the idea of perfect romance despite how unrealistic it is.

While I can't speak for your culture, If it like ours poligamy is illegal? How about most people favouring vigins or the male fantasy for a 3some? Also, maybe if you knew the reason for monogamous marrage, your world view would shatter?

The reason monogamy was invented is .......Money, Racism and Elitism.

Yes, the laws on monogamy were designed so the rish could control their assets, to keep the human race pure (be it all white, black, yellow ect) and to make sure no filthy comoner got into the fold. Social desires such as a premium on viginity were made to enforce those ideals. You can look it up, but if you are not willing to do that, almost any monarcy had some inbred related desieses due to this.

As for what was standard before the rise of monogamy? Depends on the resources. One man to a few 'wives' was the norm, (If monogamy was true, there's alot of adulty going on), but in times of desperation or just holding steady, 1 woman with lots of guys to look after her was the order of the day. (This was before womens lib and when wars killed more people with disentery then battle)

While true on some parts of the world, in

mine's monogamy is enforced is to avoid

the problems with multiple marriages,

regardless of religion/money/ect. Mainly

to simplify the legal task. After you marry,

you have to clarify it like everywhere (e.g:

Your wife 'knows' that you have a car, so

she has to sing a document, when you buy

a TV, ect.) It is still possible to have as many

people living with you as you like, as long as

they want to (I am talking about 1 guy and 9

girls, for example).

That's not to say all men should have multiple wives. Just saying it's an option. I only want 1 and to be honest I'd be lucky if I could keep her happy enough to stick around. Plus I have issues with trust and I love the idea of perfect romance despite how unrealistic it is.

It is ok, mine's is my opinion

too. As I stated before, regardless of anything,

I do not want to have a wife that I have to share

with another guy, nor I would like to have two girls,

and I have not a religion or anything, it is pure personall

prefference.

And yeah, as for unrealistic ideas, mine's is love in

the style it happened to my father (1 girlfriend and then marry)

as opposed to my grandfather, who has been married 4

times, and had who-knows-how-many girlfriends.

Well me and my gf r just fine. except for this fat kid who won't leave her alone because he's jealous. I already beat him up and told him to stay away from her but he just keeps coming back to her!!!! :evil: but we just ignore him now

but how do i get rid of the fat kid? anyway, as i said, me and my gf r doing fine!!! :lol: :trollface: