The Cornerian Complex

Fluxy

"Are you -sure- there's a first aid kit in the security room?" Kage asked.  "Last I checked there wasn't a lot more than a mop and a few buckets." Kage stated.  

Anastasia shrugs. "I am a bureaucrat. I don't care if what i say is true."

She thumbs her muzzle at Chayrlin, and by proxy the proletariat outside.

"i just don't want shouting to interrupt my drinking time." And she rewards herself by doing just that, polishing off a fine glass of something fancy and booze filled.

A German Shepherd followed by a cat/rabbit enter the bar, and quickly spot the blood on the floor. The dog is the first to speak, "Not to be confused, but was there someone here that got in to a heavy fist fight, or is this just some strange ketchup?"

Kage nodded, pouring the water from the tap first, and placing it on the counter.  He went over to the soda gun and selected Coke.  They didn't carry Pepsi, so Coke was the next thing, plus Coke was better anyway.  He pulled the trigger with the nozzle aimed at the glass filled with ice, and waited until it was full, spraying a few more times each time the fizz died down.  Upon completing his task, he placed the other glass on the table.  "There you are.  We don't carry Pepsi, but we do have Coke, which is pretty much the same, but I like it better."

(FYI, StarKid - it's your post in Strike of the Desolator.)

"Well, he claims to know you," Kyle told Zack. "We eradicated the base, but Silthar escaped - and Intelligence has reason to believe he's coming after you. Where he is now or why he's after you is information we don't have."

"Well this is just f*cking great not only am I losing my goddamn mind but now I have a sith on my ass", Zack replied in a frustrated tone

"Thank you" Star said with a smile. She took her drinks back to her table and kora quickly took her coke and started drinking it.

Chayrlin continues to mop up the blood.

"Well this is just f*cking great not only am I losing my goddamn mind but now I have a sith on my ass", Zack replied in a frustrated tone

Anastasia scoffs at Zack, refilling her glass with an aimed pour without a glance.

"Its an Evil monk, love. Get a slug thrower. Get someone who can actually fight." Anastasia sips for effect. 

"Besides, the sith are bottom feeders. Pests. Hardly worth caring about. Have a drink, alert security and just have a good time."

Kage laughed, "Just 'ave a pint and wait for this to all blow over." He said.  "The chances of a Sith actually hurting someone are slim to none after the fall.  They're a joke."

Star also laughed. She slammed her fist down on the table in amusement and took a sip of water before speaking.

"HAHAHA! They are a wife's tale! Fake! They never existed. Ive been on many deployments and not once have I seen a "Sith" trying to take over our beloved Lylat System. The only evil in this fucking galaxy is Andross and his goons. And Andross' dead. The only ones left is the latter, whom haven't really DONE much in the past oh i don't know, 5-6 years. I guarantee that chick who was here earlier was just in shock and got mugged or something. Simple solution other than a fake race of "magic" wielding, robe wearing creeps who use light sticks to kill shit. They wanna kill something, use a goddamn M16 or some other weapon, NOT a fucking light stick. We have guns for a fucking reason; one hit kill, no exceptions",

Anastasia learns in, her face one of slanderous intent.

"I hear" She says, slowly, as if a sith might pop from the rafters and force choke a bitch. "That the Sith live in the sewers and kidnap small children and force them to build lightsabers." She nods super seriously, her face completely serious.

"I also hear that they ride sewer gators and live off of pets flushed down the toilet" Chayrlin deadpans, to busy cleaning to get into the conversation.

Star looks at Anastasia and busts out laughing.

"You guys are brilliant. made my night". Star hands Anastasia a $5 tip for putting her in a good mood.

"what ever happened to victoria"?

"Keep your change, love." Anastasia slides the money back to Star. "I am here for fun and drink, i dont need to be paid."

Chayrlin shrugs, now cleaning up the blood around Star's chair.

"Victoria will get back when she gets back."

Star tucked the money back in her pocket. "Alright. Sorry that you have to clean up that um.....", star looks at the blue liquid that came out of the lioness, ".....blood.....I think. I would hate to have to do that".

"Oh this?" Chayrlin shakes her head and gives a friendly chuckle. "I've cleaned up a fair share of corpses in my time. I am as old as i look, you know."

"Ive killed a good amount of enemies, never had to clean up after em though. Once their dead, they are left to rot or are kicked off the boat".

Wolf looks at the shepherd and speaks, "Shep, with your experience, you should of known that was blood. Oh well, get over here!" Wolf drags the shepherd out in front of the group and begins to speak again, "Everyone, this is Dr. Sheppard."

Shep calmly speaks. "Hello everyone. Just feel free to call me Shep." He then points the the cat/rabbit and resumes. "That person over there is Areka Moon."

Areka happily waves her hand.

"Charmed, love" Anastasia says, reclining on the table with crossed legs and booze in hand.

Chayrlin continues to mop up the blood.

Anastasia scoffs at Zack, refilling her glass with an aimed pour without a glance.

"Its an Evil monk, love. Get a slug thrower. Get someone who can actually fight." Anastasia sips for effect.

"Besides, the sith are bottom feeders. Pests. Hardly worth caring about. Have a drink, alert security and just have a good time."

"yes just sit back and enjoy life while others take the front lines", Zack said in a slight sarcastic tone

"Sorry no disrespect interned and I do get that sith are not a gaint threat I mean I've dealt with worse, but I'm not going to treat it as nothing and star they do exist trust me and the "light sticks" as you call them are actually plasma formed around a magnetic field and plasma being freaking hot as it is could easily melt an oncoming bullet, but I am with you on using guns, anywho I'm a front lines type of guy so no I'm not going to treat is as nothing", Zack responded

"Plasma could melt a bullet, but then how do you deal with the molten lead that's now headed at you at the same exact speed?" Kage quipped at Zack's remark.

"Oh no!" Anastasia waves her free hand like a maniac. "You melted the bullet. I guess getting hit by superheated lead is worse than being shot"

She drinks and waves the thought away. "They are inefficient flashy terrorists, love, hardly a concern on a personal basis. For us civvies, if you truly wish to start flinging around slurs, we dont deal with such matters without contacting the proper authorities."

"Oh well, I have to go. Shep, Areka, keep the place safe." Wolf says.

Shep responds, "You owe me for this, Wolf."

Wolf waves goodbye to Kora and everyone else and soon exits the bar. After that event, Shep asks, "What's on the agenda today?"

"yes just sit back and enjoy life while others take the front lines", Zack said in a slight sarcastic tone

"Sorry no disrespect interned and I do get that sith are not a gaint threat I mean I've dealt with worse, but I'm not going to treat it as nothing and star they do exist trust me and the "light sticks" as you call them are actually plasma formed around a magnetic field and plasma being freaking hot as it is could easily melt an oncoming bullet, but I am with you on using guns, anywho I'm a front lines type of guy so no I'm not going to treat is as nothing", Zack responded

Star gets up and quickly gets right into Zack's face, giving him a very upset look she usually doesn't give people.

"And you think I'm not a front lines kind of person? I've served with my platoon for almost 3 years and I have not seen Hair NOR Hide of this fake race you guys took out of a damn movie series from Earth. Yeah, I've seen Star Wars and I know for a fact that you and whoever else is making shit up. Until you can prove to me that your fantasy story is true, I suggest you leave before you make me even angrier and keep your mouths shut about this bullshit excuse to get a pity party for yourself. Oh, and by the way, if they simply cut through a fucking bullet with plasma, you still have the scraps to worry about. In turn, It would still be a threat because they are still going at a deadly velocity that could KILL the person if the shot is right. So I will call those useless excuses for weapons whatever I damn well please".

Star clenched her fist as if she was going to punch his lights out.

"Poor excuses for hero's who claim to battle enemies whom have NEVER existed before disgust me. It's like you are MOCKING those who fought the REAL enemy. I fought off plenty of vile, evil, disgusting maggots whom I have seen with my own eyes and have KILLED them with my bare hands. I've pulled my comrades out of the line of fire without a second thought and without the proper equipment. I had to SCAVENGE a weapon from the dead body of a close comrade to save another's LIFE because of a REAL threat, not an imaginary one. You know what though? THAT ISN'T EVEN MY FUCKING JOB! MY JOB IS TO FIX THE SHIP! So do me a favor; when you see 13 close friends DIE in combat AND have the parent of your child going to fight as well, then talk to me. When you have a child to support and to protect from a REAL enemy, PLUS a second one who kicks the HELL out of your stomach whilst you are serving your country, THEN treat your situation like it's real. When you can prove that you're not a pussy who likes to make up STORIES, then you have the right to say it's true. Otherwise, I suggest you get the FUCK out of my face and shut the FUCK up about it, or I'll show YOU a real danger when I shove my FIST in your mouth"!

Anastasia stands with haste and gets between Star and Zack. 

"Darling, i think you need to take a walk" She says to Star, her glass balanced between two fingers and her expression neutral. "Chayrlin, love, would you please take Madame Star here for a walk?"

The Iberian crone, having already put away her mop and bucket and just sat down, stands and offers a hand to Star. "I know a good place to eat if you will let me treat you."

Anastasia twists her head towards Zack. "Can i buy you a drink, friend? The least i can do for the yelling."

Star got up along with Kora and nodded.

"Alright. Thank you" Star said with a smile. Kora took her mothers other hand and held it being prepared to walk out to another place.

"I'm sorry......I've had a really rough week and my hormones are everywhere. Even the littlest thing sets me off, especially mockery and such".