The Cornerian Complex

Fluxy

(Sorry I havent replied, EOCT's have been killing me.)

Du'tey smiles for a second, saying "Yeah, we kind of have to; but we will." He looks down, scratchin the back of his hairline and neck for a second. "I honestly don't except if you know where I can work where I wouldn't be looked down upon?" He smirks at the thought of look down, seeing as how he's taller than most of the inhabitants of this place.

(No worries, life gets us by the tail sometimes. (Pun intended.))

As Areka shifts cross legged in her chair, allowing Du'tey that much more space around the table, she speaks. "Well, I don't know any of the stores around here but I think this bar needs people quite often...maybe you could work here?" Her tail swings around excitedly.

Du'tey adjust's his legs under the table, only to have his knee slam into it with a thid. He rubs his knee, trying to subdue the pain while saying "I guess, maybe bartender or a bouncer,-" he looks around, abserving his surrounds for a few seconds. "-though I guess bouncer is out of the question seeing as how no drunks are in here." A laugh squeaks out from his mouth.

Areka scans around the room as well, and becomes surprised at the kind of people present. "Wow, I never thought that none are here today...Kinda figured that one of the regulars would do something crazy by now."

Du'tey looks back towards Areka, a dmirk on his face as he says "Oh really? What do the regulars end up doing thats crazy?" A laugh gurgles in his throat and pushes past his teeth a bit as he continues. "Get drunk and try to do parkour?"

Areka giggles as she responds, "Nope,  haven't seen that before...Sadly, more violent stuff comes this way, but that's just what my teammate says.' Her expression becomes even more cheerful. "You'll like him, not much of a talker but he's kinda like a fluffy version of you, just without the extra tail-thingy."

• 2 weeks later...

"Hm, too bad, when two drunks fight it's the worse." Du'tey says, pressing his thumb into the top of the table for a second as he remembers something from his past. Clearing his mind, he looks back to Areka and smiles; pulling his queue back to his front. "You mean this? It's just what the Na'vi use to make tsaheylue."

Areka's ears shoot up. "Oh, yeah, that thing! Sorry, I don't actually know the name for it...Just seems kinda odd that it's there..."

"Yeah, but if you think it's placement is odd;  take a look at this." Du'tey says, taking the end of the queue into the end of his hand, wrapping his thumb around to his index finger and holding the end of it to point to the ceiling. The loose blacdk hair falls down to reveal pink nerve like fibers that are like a chord, twitching and moving. "This is used to form the tsaheylu, just don't touch though."

"Yeah, I don't need you to have some sort of a seizure because of me." Areka shallows herself just a bit, and speaks again. "So, that's used to share memories and all? Shep's told me of people who could of done that... Are you guys the people who can do that?"

• 4 weeks later...

Du'tey's eye widen a bit, "Yeah, we don't need that." He pauses the continues. "Yes, your Shep is correct on that, we use the queue to listen to our ancestors and look at old memories. So yes, we are the ones who do that. Is Shep interested in what we do?" 

"Well, yeah! He's been telling his story to us for a while now about someone he bandaged up that looked just like you!" Areka examines Du'tey's appearance for a bit. "Kinda sucks that we didn't believe him though...Until a while ago, of course!"

"Hm, do you have something to show me what he looks like? A 'photo' I think you call it?" Du'tey says, thinking back a bit. "I think I remember someone who wasn't tawtute doing well in combat against me." He runs his finger along his jaw then his chest horizontally "He got me good but it didn't scar."

"Well, in the story he told us, he didn't actually attack anyone...but knowing him, he might of caused some trouble with one of his scalpels..." Areka pulls out a small picture of Shep and places it on the table.

"That's him. He's a pretty good guy, not many problems with him."

Du'tey examines the picture for a second saying soon after "I remember him, the reason for the attack is mostly my fault. A buddy of mine had given me something from the tawtute's base, a sour liquid; made me dizzy and not remember much of anything." He pauses for a second, adjusting his legs a bit. "I had drank the whole bottle, from what I was told he acted in self defense, and that even in my drunkenness, I fought well. and that I made sure not to hurt him since he was the only one who treated us better than how the skypeople did." 

"Well, i'm sure he'll take that as a compliment." Areka pauses for a moment, then cheerily takes out her communication device. "Hey, want to meet him again? I'm sure he'll be glad to see you, plus it might be good to trade a few stories!"

• 2 weeks later...

"I hope he does." He stops for a second to fix his shirt, then continues "Sure, I don't see why not. and trading a few stories sounds good also. if he does what I did; the stories began to repeat after a while." Du'tey laughs as he finishes, remembering how the young Na'vi had learned every story he told them.

"Well then, i'll see if his comlink is still up." Areka presses a few buttons on the device, and the 'Message Sent' screen quickly pops up. "He'll be right ove-"

Dumont steps into the bar, quickly locking his eyes and movement on Areka and says, "You don't have to send messages to me when i'm already here." He shifts over to Du'tey, and jokingly adds in his light German accent, "A familiar face! I might have to face you again, just without alcohol in your system!"

"Alright." Du'tey says, sitting there waiting. He turns his head ad he hears the doors open and the familiar man walk in. "Yup, I remember him." Thinking to himself as the man walks over, "Nice to see a familiar face again also, and I'm up for a challenge anytime." He says, sticking his hand out for a shake.

Dumont accepts the gesture, and says, "Feel free to call me Shep." He quickly scans Du'tey's visible skin, and adds sincerely, "Any internal injuries or pains?"

Du'tey smiles at the man, saying "Alright, Shep it is. I'm Du'tey, though I'm sure you knew if my buddy yellled my name at all. and not really, atleast that I know of." He retracts his hand from the shake.

"Well that's good. I was personally worried that I went a little too far in the self-defense." Shep shows his hands. "As you may see, these hands heal as much as they can hurt. Kinda in my job description as well..."

"Indeed, and you went as far as necessary." Du'tey says, then looking at Sheps hands as he showed him. "Funny you say that, a slarian doctor I met shortly after you left said the same thing. A bit of a spaz and he'd never take a breath it seemed. Did you know a Mordin Solus?"

"Mordin...Mordin...Nope. Haven't heard of 'em. I'm guessing he's some sort of front-liner like me? Hmm, I wonder what his kill record is..."

Areka stops Shep in his tracks. "Don't go all blood thirsty again, Shep. Last time you thought like that, you practically partied as you interrogated the target!"

• 3 weeks later...

Elsewhere, It was the eve of her 'evil.' She had read too much, seen too much to continue acting that way. When the door opened to that of the Cornerian Complex with a step forth into its frame, she was Nora.

As the chains lay behind her, Nora produced a small black book. She began to flip its pages, studying every word carefully. With her head buried in-book, she walked aimlessly ahead mumbling something to herself.