The Cornerian Complex

Fluxy

"It's not all bad, but that's mainly the sum of it. The pay plus the kill bonuses we get make up for it. Being a diplomat killing terrorists and the like isn't half bad."

"Not at all, but one of the plus sides of training is that if it wears you out there's room for improvement", Zack replied

"Yeah, that's true. There's always room for improvement in work like this. I hear there is even a holodeck training room here in the building...it'd be useful."

Dimitri kinda laughs and says "oh ive stumblled home before, I know beccause Victoria woulld tell me the nexxt dayy." his tail flicks a bit at the mention of his wife's name. "it'll take a biit more tiime ya say? Victoria 'll be pacingg back annd forthh by thhe time we get thhere." he says to Hunter. Dimitri hears the engines roar to life and is startled for a second,  then laughs at the sight of the tumbling pedestrians. "gah, they gott a ways to walk, thoughh if ya scared em ennough, they might havve an adrenaline rushh."

he says, setting his hat on the console next to him.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Hunter woke up from what seemed to be a dream. Turns out that he had blacked out completely during the trip to Dimitri's home. Without him realizing, he had become so focused on the task at hand (and some civilians who were frankly bad flyers, and maybe the occasional detour...) that he came across as ignoring everything Dimitri was telling him about his home and wife.

"You are approaching your destination on the right, in 10.5 miles" Said the GPS device. "Huh? Wai- What? Oh! Hey DImitri we're almost at your place!" Hunter says, almost asleep at the wheel, while taking a quick glance at Dimitri, and feeling incredibly stupid for making that announcement, almost as if Dimitri wouldn't know where he lived. He chuckles to himself a bit, as he eases off the thrusters as they begin their decent. "I think you may have answered this before, but what exactly does your house look like again?" Hunter asks, as he didn't completely trust his GPS. Realistically he didn't have anything else to go on other than Dimitri's guidance.

P.S. sorry this took so long Jimmy. I think I am out of my writer's funk now :D

As they were walking to the holodeck, Shep asked, "What weapon do you use?"

"I'm usually a sniper, but I am great with hand to hand combat and wicked good with a staff", Zack replied as he began to set up the the field.

"So what do you want to do, co-op or head to head?", Zack asked

(I had BW confirm it, head to head seems to be rulebreaking.)

"I'd like to see your skills, first. How about a obstacle course?"

Suddenly, out of the blue, Hunter woke up from what seemed to be a dream. Turns out that he had blacked out completely during the trip to Dimitri's home. Without him realizing, he had become so focused on the task at hand (and some civilians who were frankly bad flyers, and maybe the occasional detour...) that he came across as ignoring everything Dimitri was telling him about his home and wife.

"You are approaching your destination on the right, in 10.5 miles" Said the GPS device. "Huh? Wai- What? Oh! Hey DImitri we're almost at your place!" Hunter says, almost asleep at the wheel, while taking a quick glance at Dimitri, and feeling incredibly stupid for making that announcement, almost as if Dimitri wouldn't know where he lived. He chuckles to himself a bit, as he eases off the thrusters as they begin their decent. "I think you may have answered this before, but what exactly does your house look like again?" Hunter asks, as he didn't completely trust his GPS. Realistically he didn't have anything else to go on other than Dimitri's guidance.

P.S. sorry this took so long Jimmy. I think I am out of my writer's funk now :D

Dimitri's ears raise a little when Hunter says he is close to his house. " Good thhing you said thhat kid, we'd a zzipped right over it." now looking around for his house. As they near his neighborhood, he begins to decribe it. " Don'tt think I hhave. it's on a good sized hill to llook out over thhe city and It's kind of a white-ish color with a steep metal roof. kind-of surrounded by tree's, but is outsiide the genereal cityy." now placing his hatt back on his head "and you may see Kyle runnin around in thhe yard or climbiing the tree's." Dimitri sayas with a smile.

(I had BW confirm it, head to head seems to be rulebreaking.)

"I'd like to see your skills, first. How about a obstacle course?"

(odd I don't see how but whatever)

"ok what difficulty do you have in mind", Zack replied

Star got up along with Kora and nodded.

"Alright. Thank you" Star said with a smile. Kora took her mothers other hand and held it being prepared to walk out to another place.

"I'm sorry......I've had a really rough week and my hormones are everywhere. Even the littlest thing sets me off, especially mockery and such".

Ushering them out of the Bar as fast as she can, Chayrlin leads them to the food court, checking behind her for anyone following. "Should you really be in a bar while pregnant? Not the most friendly establishment to have a small child and yourself in."

A Small sit down restaurant, "The Liber Abbaci" sits in a corner and the greeter pulls the door open with a smile. Chayrlin leads them to her favorite spot and offers Star and Kora a chair.

Star sighed.

"I know I shouldn't be in a bar while I have a child in me, but I don't intend to drink and your bar is a smoke free environment is it not? And as for the little one, I don't have anyone to watch her. I never heavily consume any alcohol while she is with me." She said sitting down with Kora next to her.

"Ever since my husband left, I haven't had many friends to socialize with. I don't have any family that I know of, and I am not really buddy buddy with anyone besides Clairissa from my platoon, but she's deployed right now and I haven't really heard from her. My ship has been fixed for a while now, but I don't have anywhere to stay since I'm on leave. I can't stay in my cabin since it's only for those who are on duty, so I stayed here and decided to come and hang out with you guys since, well, you guys are actually the only real friends I've had in a long while. I'm very sorry that you had to see me blow up back there, and I know I shouldn't have, but he set me off. I don't know what it was about it, but something clicked and my sense of calmness and my rational thinking all went down the drain".

Chayrlin blinked.

"I didnt expect that kind of venting" She says, turning her head to address the waiter, the menu in his hand. "Cotoletta alla milanese, if you would kindly?" She says, handing the menu right back without moving herself. 

"I would suggest the Agnolotti Piemontesi alla moda di asti" She says to Star. "Or the Neapolitan Pizza. It's Italian, its all very good."

"Whatever you think is better is what I will have" star said with a smile. Star then looked to Kora and back up to Chayrlin.

"Do they have anything for children here"?

"Agnolotti Piemontesi" Chayrlin nods to the waiter, who glides off on feet born of practice. Chayrlin accepts a bottle of something red and pours it into a glass, the second waiter standing at attention.  "Sorry, this place does not have a childs menu. There is a personal Pizza, along with pasta and other stereotypes." 

"If it's available she'll have spaghetti" star said as kora nodded in agreement to her mothers order for her. Kora LOVED spaghetti and her mother knew that all too well

The waiter has the pleasure of giving a curt nod before whisking himself to the kitchen, Chayrlin picking up where she left in the conversation. "So, pregnant?" She says, with the social grace of a flamethrower in a puppy Factory.

Star looked to Chayrlin and smiled.

"Yes. Although my husband was a little upset about it because he can't be around to help me through it. Although he may be here for when I give birth, I am unsure if he'll be on leave in time or not".

"Hmmp" Chayrlin nods, unsure if there was anything for her to say at that point. She decides to wrap the conversation around. She sips at her drink and grimaces at the strong taste.

"So what happened in Kage's bar?"

"With me yelling at Zack? Honestly, i dont know. I feel as though he acts like just because he's saved a couple universe's that he's better in every way. Spending his money like he's a millionair, flaunting it in front of us. I hate people like that" star said.

"Thats a local phenomenon " Chayrlin notes. "The Star Fox LLC codifies the normal attitude that their kind of corporate entity has, for whatever reason." Chayrlin snorts and accepts a gently place breadbasket. She cuts herself a piece and sets in on a plate, placed by a waiter while the narrator describes the scene.

"The Moralism is the strangest part of it all"

"I mean, I work for the government and even I am not even that self centered and prude" star added to Chayrlin's comment