Cavemonkynick

I and I imagine others would find it easier to try some sample lines for each character rather than attempt random impressions ad lib, as it's best to get a feel of the characters and script before attempting voice work. For example it's easy to try and impersonate Fox's voice from SF64, but that voice is supposed to be Fox as a teenager and may not necessarily fit the context and tone of your fanfic. Is it a goofy 64 style affair where the characters are larger than life, or is it closer to Assault where the voices are more toned down and the characters are a tad more mature. I'm on skype too if you wanna discuss anything, feel free to PM me :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cavemonkynick

• Dr. Orange

• Furygun81

• Star Fox Runner

If you need some weird-accented (= french) voice, I can give it a try! :-P

(Sabre said it was sexy, but he's not here anymore to confirm... ^^')

well have to have a skype conversation, but im sure i can ut you somewhere lol.

I and I imagine others would find it easier to try some sample lines for each character rather than attempt random impressions ad lib, as it's best to get a feel of the characters and script before attempting voice work. For example it's easy to try and impersonate Fox's voice from SF64, but that voice is supposed to be Fox as a teenager and may not necessarily fit the context and tone of your fanfic. Is it a goofy 64 style affair where the characters are larger than life, or is it closer to Assault where the voices are more toned down and the characters are a tad more mature. I'm on skype too if you wanna discuss anything, feel free to PM me :D

Thanks for pointing that out. It is a rewriting of command so the voices will need to be mature. Also my skype is on my profile so feal free to add me. and well talk

I see that you had Fox's position filled, but a few years back I posted up some of my impressions of some characters, and my impression of Fox's Adventures voice managed to drop a few jaws. Maybe I can try it again?

I'd also be willing to do Slippy and ROB, or anyone else you think I'd be good at.

I see that you had Fox's position filled, but a few years back I posted up some of my impressions of some characters, and my impression of Fox's Adventures voice managed to drop a few jaws. Maybe I can try it again?

I'd also be willing to do Slippy and ROB, or anyone else you think I'd be good at.

Well no part is set in stone, the stars are just the ones i despratly need voices for. I can do a decent fox bit if your better im not so proud as to not step down.

Well no part is set in stone, the stars are just the ones i despratly need voices for. I can do a decent fox bit if your better im not so proud as to not step down.

Alright then, we'll just need to nail down a time we can get on Skype together.

sounds good. go ahead and add me, its the same as my username here

\

I'll follow that thread carefully, because the SoL Team might go for a round of VA casting at some point soon... :3

It'd be easier if you edited your original post with who's planned to fill which roles.

It'd be easier if you edited your original post with who's planned to fill which roles.

I intended to do that but i acculy didnt talk to three of the people untill like midnight so i was tired XP. But i have updated it.

well I'm Australian, but i think i could give good ol' Anglar a try. But more to the point, I'd like to see if i could voicecast Bill Grey. Can we change his accent ooh. who knows

well I'm Australian, but i think i could give good ol' Anglar a try. But more to the point, I'd like to see if i could voicecast Bill Grey. Can we change his accent ooh. who knows

We can certinally try it out:) if nothing else im sure i can use you somewhere.

We can certinally try it out:) if nothing else im sure i can use you somewhere.

whatever, i'll try, Bill, Wolf James, Falco. pretty much ever male role, who knows i might good at one

whatever, i'll try, Bill, Wolf James, Falco. pretty much ever male role, who knows i might good at one

Whatever you want:) add me on skype and we'll work somthing out. Username same as here cavemonkynick

• 2 weeks later...

So hears a quick update. Just because the thread has gone quiet dosn't mean i've given up. Im determined to go through with this, so if you know ANYONE who can fill any of these roles, please send thim this way. At this point im willing to over look how much you sound like a charecter as long as you can carry the right attitude for the part. So get in touch with everyone you know and lets get this thing off the ground:)

• 2 weeks later...

=UPDATE=

So heres where things stand. As of right now, I am still activaly looking for a few key roles, namly Wolf and Falco. I got a call from Bailey at boot camp (her division had earns a call home). I had wrote her about doing Krystal and she actually brought it up. She wants to do it but the thing is were not sure if she'll be allowed her computer untill after A-school meaning we may not be able to start untill the first of next year. That being said we can't start until i fill these roles. I will say this much, this does not mean that I'm calling this off, not by a long shot. I really want to go through with this and i will find a way. Thanks again to everyone who signed up. I'll be in touch when i know more.

'Kay, I might give this a go then. With the hopeless internet connection I have, Skype's not really an option if you want clear samples of my voice. But I'll see if I can get around to recording some lines for you and E-mail them.

Sounds awesome. pm me for my email.

If ya still need a slippy, I'm still in ^_^

slippy or not, im sure i can use you:)

I would like to apply to this, and for anything, Wolf, I can do both 64 and Assault. How would I need to apply with this? (An actual Skype chat would be better for me as I do not know how to make a recording into an MP3)

This sounds cool. I don't know if you still need female voices, but if you do let me know. I'm not sure who I'd best be suited for so I'll leave that to you once I get a voice sample done or something.

EDIT: Actually, skype would be better/easier lol

I would like to apply to this, and for anything, Wolf, I can do both 64 and Assault. How would I need to apply with this? (An actual Skype chat would be better for me as I do not know how to make a recording into an MP3)

That sounds good. Add me on Skype and we'll talk sometime tomorrow, I've actually put my laptop up for the night, im on my phone right now. Try and read as much of the story as you can so you'll have a feel for the story. And thanks for your interest :)

Ooo Ooo I wanna be R.O.B! I have a vocoder so I can sound like a robot, IN REAL TIME :o Not to mention R.O.B. Is one of the coolest characters.

Ooo Ooo I wanna be R.O.B! I have a vocoder so I can sound like a robot, IN REAL TIME :o Not to mention R.O.B. Is one of the coolest characters.

lol, alrighty then. add me on skype:)