The TF2 update and speculation thread

Guest Mr. N

Lowering crit time from twelve to ten seconds is understandable, I noticed at times I was still getting crits even after the bar was depleted. And I didn't even know about the infinite chain MMPH bug.

But nerfing direct damage? I can see this being a problem for people who use nothing but the Phlog. And by which I mean dumb Pyros. Since afterburn was left untouched, it should still be easy enough to fill up MMPH.

That said, I can see less people using the Phlog now. It was fun while it lasted, Phlog Pyros are free kills anyway.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. N

- Added The Waxy Wayfinder

- Added a new promotional item

- Added Strange Parts that can be used to upgrade existing Strange-quality weapons

- Updated The Cozy Camper to allow it to be used in Medieval Mode

- Double-clicking on a tool in the backpack view will now use that tool

- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause weapons dropped after death to render with incorrect skins

- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause The Manmelter to display incorrect kill icons

- Fixed a bug that would cause certain in-game notification sounds to play even if "cl_notifications_show_ingame" was false

- Fixed a bug that would cause chat-text strange weapon rank up notifications to sometimes display player names as "unknown"

- Increased Steam Workshop item description to 8000 characters

- Updated arena_ravine

- Minor visual and performance improvements

- Updated cp_well

- Performance improvements

- Lokalisointitiedostot päivitetty

- Added Construction PDA slot to the Engineer's Loadout and Sapper Slot to the Spy's

They're adding in the mediocre items from the workshop...how about some of the stuff people really want?

Dood, I want those Headshot and Buildings Destroyed part kits for my Strange Machina and Strane Loch-n-Load (renamed Turretslayer) respectively.

• 2 months later...

It likely got in only to synergize with the Demopan set up.

• Like 2

Update dropped with no warning. Still no official announcement.

Known changes:

Added

- Goldfish (Does it strike you as mysterious that goldfish are neither MADE OF GOLD or EVEN FISH? Because it should. Also, goldfish ARE fish, we got that part wrong. TO GET YOU OFF THE SCENT!)

- Pocket Lint (Is it fabric lint? Navel lint you're keeping in your pocket so you don't lose it? Naval lint brushed from the hull of a battleship? This is pretty mysterious lint.)

- Cheese Wheel (This cheese doesn't seem so mysterious until you realize it's full of bullet holes. Somebody got to this cheese before it could talk.)

- Banana Peel (Where did the banana go? Sit down for this next part, because WE HAVE NO IDEA. Admit it, that's kind of mysterious.)

- Barn Door Plank (This barn door plank doesn't look mysterious at all, until you view it at an atomic level. Hey, there's a horse there next to all those atoms. They're taking turns riding the horse. Man, how did a horse get there? Pretty darn mysterious.)

- Secret Diary (Unlike other games we could mention, owning this won't trigger a sound file narrating secret diary entries. Why? Because we RESPECT THE PRIVACY of our characters. What are they hiding? Truly we live in MYSTERIOUS TIMES.)

- Damaged Capacitor (How did it get damaged? Who damaged it? What is a capacitor? Better get your tickets ready, because the mystery train is leaving the station. Or did it already leave? Another mystery!)

Removed the 'csrk' equip region and added 'crsk_left' and 'crsk_right' equip regions.

Updated the localization files

--

I'm drawing a big "WTF?" right now...

The capacitor texture has "6.22" on it. Does this mean something is happening Friday? Kind of makes me wonder. I won't be here, though. I'll be seeing the Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses again that day.

Valve be trollin'

Valve be trollin, or something massive is happening.

They don't just do this weird shit on a whim.

The 22nd is my birthday… Maybe I'll finally get to "meet" my favorite character that day? :P(Meet the Pyro)

Something's definitely happening. Wonder what it is…

Still no word on that "secret TF2 project that is not a hat" or was that confirmed to be MTP? I don't think so.

Copy pasting from ponychan.

TF2 deserves game of the year for this one:

so apparntly if you equip your medic with the "Eliminating The Impossible" set (witch has a bonus "Reduces mystery solving time by up to 88%")

In doing this each item changes the discription, to show a quote

"Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."

• Like 1

We already know what it is, and what the name is. Tobor is being thrown around as a clue, but the name will likely be Mann vs Machine, and speculation is that it will be a horde mode against robot versions of the team. This all came out around the time CP_Foundry was released, and in a hidden room on that map are pictures of the robots. They are cropped and distorted, but their look is consistent with a robo-team.

This new Sherlock Holmes clue goes to this too: "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser" is from The Adventure of the Copper Beeches in which a person who looks like someone else is a plot device. We already know the robots will look like the team in some way.

• Like 1

My body is ready.

Also Tobor is Robot spelled backwards, durrr.

Valve, quit teasing. We know this is about the Pyro!……… I thinkhope.

It's not Meet the Pyro.

It's Meet the Revolver.

"From here, the team brainstormed some ideas for gameplay that wouldn't unbalance the game, but would hopefully still be a fun new addition for players. We created a new particle system and began playtesting it in-game." -from the blog post

A particle system for the new Pyro secondary. Only Pyro's primaries had particle systems prior to this. You know what this means?

8:58 PM - ξ(^ω^)ξ Teto Chi Chan♥: LONG RANGE FLAMETHROWERS.

8:58 PM - Firebug: YES

8:58 PM - Firebug: F**KING YES

8:58 PM - ξ(^ω^)ξ Teto Chi Chan♥: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8:58 PM - Firebug: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Of course, this is speculative. I honestly don't think the thing will be a flamethrower per se. Probably a projectile with a sort of spread effect, like cinders. Time will tell. Either way I'm excited, though then again I was excited for the Phlog and I was severely disappointed. :(

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/veu75/psa_arg_update_explaining_like_youre_five/

Whats Monday in Valve time?

Like, next month. Next year.

Sometime within the next 100 years.

Gabe-Newell.jpg

Whats Monday in Valve time?

This may help.

http://www.shacknews...g-team-fortress

It's been translated into Morse code.

MONDAY

c97.png

HOLD ONTO YOUR BONERS, GENTELMEN

Like, next month. Next year.

Sometime within the next 100 years.

Next week maybe/hopefully. Don't worry we don't have to hold them that long.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

"You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it."

"the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble

"Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days"

three days

1234931504682.jpg

• Like 2

It looks like CTF crossed with KOTH. Interesting.

But at the end... POOPY JOE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!