The TF2 update and speculation thread

Guest Mr. N

It looks like CTF crossed with KOTH. Interesting.

But at the end... POOPY JOE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The most underrated game mode crossed with the best!

It is a noble sacrifice he makes to defeat Vladimir Bananas.

Today's update is SEXY. THAT NEW GUNS.

Here's the full list:

http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/cityonfire/

New scout guns look good, Sniper weapons look AWESOME (Decapitation sniper rifle, where have you been all my life), and that soldier launcher looks like a bunch of fun. Also, the new Flare gun looks pretty mean.

• Like 1

hiddenweapons.jpg

Tomorrow, medic gets a new medigun.

The Dumpster Diver will either be OP or useless. I'm thinking the later, given how long it takes the fire the damn thing and that the rockets won't go where you aim them.

Cleaner's Carbine is yet another weapon for the sniper that gives him loads of crits. They need to stop this. If someone gets close to you as a sniper, YOU should pay for it for letting them get close.

The heatmaker seems like another take on the Bazaar Bargain, but more useless: being unable to unscope could be a death sentence.

Baby Face is weird, as it penalizes you for jumping, which is what scout is all about. Though the increased meatshot potential is a definite plus. We will have to see how it compares to partial hits with regular gun.

Pretty Boy and Baby Face do NOT make a good set, as Pretty Boy's bonus is all about jumping around, while Baby face is neutered by jumping around. The question is, is no fall damage worth the hit to DPS and having to avoid pyros like the plague?

Scorch Shot seems like the bastard love-child of the detonator and Natascha. Not sure how useful the knockback will be compared to airblast, though I imagine it will be a nice chokepoint spam weapon.

The Scoot Pistol seems lame, just another buff/debuff wep with nothing really game changing.

The Babyface is... the total opposite. It's so weird, it might be TOO game changing to be any use. But I do like the creativity!

The Sniper SMG I hope only gives crits when you make a kill with the SMG. That said, YAY NEW SMG. Also the hat is lol.

The Rifle looks cool. Do damage, get focus. Pop focus, become a bodyshotting machine.

The rocket launcher looks fun to at least TRY. It has spread, but you can still single fire with it. Rocket spam is going to be hilarious.

Flare gun is awesome, if you ask me. Push back that pocket, AND set his medic and buddies on fire? Neato.

He is every bit as insane, nay, MORESO, than I can even imagine! D:

BTW, I do hope that flamerainbow thrower is in the update.

Also, Source Filmmaker! YES!

Also: HEAVY IS BABY.

Also: HEAVY IS BABY.

ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES

Also, entire game is going to be pyros. Pyros as far as the eye can see.

• Like 2

Oh god, Valve is selling those Unicorn things...

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ATF005T

• Like 1

I'm very disappointed. They hyped this up so much for two days, and when they finally release it, it's two minutes long? Considering how high they set the bar for Meet The Medic and Meet The Spy, this one basically made the bar tunnel into the ground beyond the wit of spelunker. It's so deep that Hades would sue for property damage. Two minutes of the pyro burning shit, cool. He's batshit insane, cool. Wait. Everyone already knew he was insane and burned shit.

Oh well, at least we finally get Source Filmaker. No need to pirate it now.

Yeah, but it was FUNNY :D

• Like 2

I'm very disappointed. They hyped this up so much for two days, and when they finally release it, it's two minutes long? Considering how high they set the bar for Meet The Medic and Meet The Spy, this one basically made the bar tunnel into the ground beyond the wit of spelunker. It's so deep that Hades would sue for property damage. Two minutes of the pyro burning shit, cool. He's batshit insane, cool. Wait. Everyone already knew he was insane and burned shit.

Oh well, at least we finally get Source Filmaker. No need to pirate it now.

The more they hype something, the more disappointed people are going to be. Be happy with what you have.

I share the same sentiments as Mr. N.

I also would have finally liked to know the gender of who was behind that mask.

You could not have seriously thought Valve was going to tell us, right?

At least we know what KIND of crazy Pyro is.

The kind of crazy that sees babies with the heads of grown men.

... I wonder how this reflects on his allies?

You could not have seriously thought Valve was going to tell us, right?

At least we know what KIND of crazy Pyro is.

The kind of crazy that sees babies with the heads of grown men.

... I wonder how this reflects on his allies?

Curiosity is one of man`s greatest assets, but also one of his greatest weaknesses. I wouldn`t have minded knowing yes, but that`s just me. Over the long haul it`s something that should remain a mystery . The less you know the better off you will be.

Curiosity is one of man`s greatest assets, but also one of his greatest weaknesses. I wouldn`t have minded knowing yes, but that`s just me. Over the long haul it`s something that should remain a mystery . The less you know the better off you will be.

I'm just gonna quote myself from the Meet the Pyro thread here, because it goes well with this.

Quite. Sure it was short, but I could've told you months ago they weren't going to unmask the pyro in the meet the pyro short. The less we know about an enigma like the pyro the better off we are.

User, for all you know, the pyro could be Krystal. Just be happy with that.

I'm actually glad they didn't reveal who the pyro really is. He's a mysterious character, and I'm satisfied not knowing. It would ruin his character design.

Maybe the rest of the update gets announced tomorrow. Then it would follow the script and drop on a Thursday.

I suppose you guys want Meet the Engineer, Scout, and Heavy to be redone so they are longer, more epic, and answer a bunch of questions too, eh? Meet the Pyro is still one of the best shorts of the bunch despite it not answering the questions you assumed it'd answer.

• Like 4

It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just perfect. I love Valve. :D

This is coming from a Pyro main, so @ everyone else: Shut up!! D:<

J/k. Can't wait to hear Firebug's thoughts. xD

I suppose you guys want Meet the Engineer, Scout, and Heavy to be redone so they are longer, more epic, and answer a bunch of questions too, eh? Meet the Pyro is still one of the best shorts of the bunch despite it not answering the questions you assumed it'd answer.

No, no and no.

Meet the Engi was hilarious, to me anyway, and it did what it was supposed to do.

Meet the scout was the scout talking about himself... thats something the scout would do to the ends of the earth.

And meet the Sandvich made up for Meet the Heavy so I dont care anymore.

And Meet the Pyro was Pyro burning shit, being crazy, and terrorizing the team. Which is what does and is supposed to do. This be the point.

• Like 3

Oh my god yes!

http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/pyroland/

I am never taking them off except when my already established items would clash, such as my Derpy mask for the sniper, or my Bombing Run/Planeswalker goggles combo on the scout.

And you gotta be quicker than ponychan /g/ there, Mr. N.

Also, I wish they'd add one more misc slot or a better multi-misc slot system so I could wear my normal pyro set with it (assuming that the Pyro doesn't have default pyrovision and gets those by default).

Edited by Vydrach

EDIT: :ninja:

EDIT 2: No reports on whether or not this broke sourcemod. We'll find out I guess.