The TF2 update and speculation thread

Guest Mr. N

SFO Server Update:

Added KOTH_Megaman under "Custom Push"

Added SD_Doomsday under "Stock CTF"

EDIT: :yuno: STEAM: Y U ACT LIKE A BITCH?

I noticed my brain slug showing up in the kill feed.

Also, Dominations in Pyroland are called "Best Friends" lol

Also, pyroland only works on maps that support it. On maps that don't, it just enables Birthday Mode.

THE UPDATE BROKE SOURCEMOD.

Please be aware that the server will be down until a sourcemod gamedata update.

Bah, they nerfed the GRU! Ah well.

Equalizer now seems legit and less cheese, which pleases me.

Crusader's Crossbow might be worth a shit now.

And Pyro is once again back to doing his original base DPS!

[media=]

See the new Pyro items in action (Lollichop and Rainblower)

I hope the 2nd weapon isn't a taunt kill...

It is, and apparently it can get multikills through gates right now. Abuse it while you can.

Oh, and you can apparently unscope manually while focused in with the new sniper rifle. You just can't be knocked out of your scope.

Also, I'm going to need a new Scattergun remodel since the remodel I was using is what they turned into the Baby Face's Blaster.

i was grealty entertained :D

these new weapons don't look to great, besides the new sniper smg

The sniper SMG has the flaw of not being jarate.

The sniper SMG has the flaw of not being jarate.

Exactly. If you somehow manage to get a kill with a smaller clip size and lower rate of fire SMG, you aren't really going to do much with those 3 second crits anyway, especially since you'll have to reload for part of it. Plus Jarate has the whole crit with bushwhacka, minicrits everything, extinguishes allies, reveals spies, and screws over a push thing going for it.

One hilarious thing the SMG does apprently is that the new rifle fires tracers in focus, and if you swap to the SMG it will fire tracers as well.

LASERS! LASERS EVERYWHERE!

chaoseverywhere.jpg

Also, the new Quick-Fix is amazing, except for one thing. The medic being lighter than both the soldier and the demo, tends to fly past them with their jumps, straight into the enemy. Gotta learn to let control your jump when the soldier/demo does his. Also, I have yet to try it with the Sticky Jumper, and I want to try it with a pyro that redirects a rocket to rocket jump.

Also, a few update screenshots. Spoilered for post size:

Taunt

pyroland1.jpg

Taunt kill feed

pyroland2.jpg

Issue DZ was having with his brainslug showing in the kill feed (mine being a Cremator's Conscience)

pyroland4.jpg

Proof of Cremator's Conscience

pyroland3.jpg

Also, apparently you can hold right click and store the three rockets without adding more or overloading. You can then walk around and fire the burst at your leisure.

Edited by Vydrach

Seems having a renamed Triboniophorus Tyrannus or Cremator's Conscience equipped will show it in your killfeed as assisting you if no one else helped you with the kill, while you are in Pyroland.

Nice little touch there, Valve.

This is coming from a Pyro main, so @ everyone else: Shut up!! D:<

J/k. Can't wait to hear Firebug's thoughts. xD

Had to respond.

I'm not mad that they didn't reveal the Pyro's gender. That's part of the Pyro's identity. The enigma.

And as for the video itself? Amazing. We've all known that Pyro was insane, but never to what extent. Soldier talks to severed heads and cardboard cutouts. Medic conducts medical experiments with animal organs and kept the Spy's head alive in a fridge. Engy sawed his own damn hand off.

All the classes have a few screws loose, but Pyro takes the cake. Genuinely terrifying because the Pyro cannot be reasoned with. Pyro lives in his or her own little fantasy land and sincerely believes that they are only spreading cheer and joy. When even your own team is afraid of you, you are truly a monster.

And that's just what I've always considered the Pyro to be. I was very happy with the video.

• Like 3

Server doesn't crash when people join now. But, Steam is being a bitch right now and load-outs are broken. So, no full test yet. Let me know if it crashes.

Also, there's another update in the tube, but they haven't launched it yet.

Team Fortress 2

- Added sd_doomsday to the mapcycle files

- Fixed exploit that allowed Beggar's Bazooka to indefinitely hold rockets in the chamber without misfiring

- Fixed hatless hats not not-drawing correctly

- Fixed bugs with The Hitman's Heatmaker

- Headshot kills now properly decapitate

- Bodyshot damage penalty is properly applied

- Fixed sound issues while in focus

- Fixed missing DX8 particle effects

- Fixed seeing through Sniper fences in 2Fort when using Pyrovision

- Fixed the second style for the Robot Chicken hat

- Teddy Roosebelt can now get assist credits

- Updated sd_doomsday:

- Players can now fall into the launch pad after the rocket lifts off

- Optimized some prop_dynamics to reduce server hitching

- Engineers can no longer build teleporters behind the spawn

- Players will no longer get pushed through the terrain if the elevator falls on them

- Death pits now kill dead ringer Spies

- Lowered the frequency of announcer lines

- Fixed exploit that allowed Beggar's Bazooka to indefinitely hold rockets in the chamber without misfiring

Didn't take them long to kill that exploit.

Had to respond.

I'm not mad that they didn't reveal the Pyro's gender. That's part of the Pyro's identity. The enigma.

And as for the video itself? Amazing. We've all known that Pyro was insane, but never to what extent. Soldier talks to severed heads and cardboard cutouts. Medic conducts medical experiments with animal organs and kept the Spy's head alive in a fridge. Engy sawed his own damn hand off.

All the classes have a few screws loose, but Pyro takes the cake. Genuinely terrifying because the Pyro cannot be reasoned with. Pyro lives in his or her own little fantasy land and sincerely believes that they are only spreading cheer and joy. When even your own team is afraid of you, you are truly a monster.

And that's just what I've always considered the Pyro to be. I was very happy with the video.

And despite this, Pyro is Engie's BFF. There's a comic where they live together and read christmas stories and everything.

... what does this say about Engie.

Engy sawed his own damn hand off.

Engy is insane, and maybe in a way that is compatible with the Pyro. That, or Pyro appreciates the rainbow sugar beams that Engy's magic glowing box dispenses to him and has an arrangement to defend the Engy's campsite from pesky smoking crabs.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, and Primrose~ was making an awesome summer item. I'm sure Spark had his appendages in on it, too.

This isn't as much of a formal update as it is me dropping in to say that things like name tags and description tags are each $1. So stock up if you wish.

If you have any unusual characters in your name, kiss it goodbye because its not coming back.

Define "unusual characters".

If you have any unusual characters in your name, kiss it goodbye because its not coming back.

I was sort of annoyed by unusual characters anyway.

Probably anything that isn't 'default' on a QWERTY keyboard. :|

- still works, my name isn't fucked up :D. And neither is yours, you just lost a few Japanese (?) characters is all.

Small, but to the point:

-Fixed Unicode characters getting stripped from player names

Does anyone know what to make of this?

When they added the sanitizing code for the color changes, it stripped all Unicode characters from the display name. So, if you had any non-ascii characters in your name, they wouldn't show. This made people who live in countries who use non-Latin alphabets unable to use their languages. Or if you used unicode characters to do something like "ɗɀҀѲ┌┬┐ρФٸϵΓ" you were screwed, too.

This fix patched the sanitizing code to not strip unicode characters.

It's koth_soho, a map spotted being tested on a Valve internal server. Someone leaked that's what the teaser was from.