Deleted

I've been trying to work out a theory regarding one of the series' (arguably) unresolved mysteries. I won't go into it here so I stay on topic, but if anyone is interested I can go into it in another thread.

If you have any more information (quotes, screenshots, etc.) it would certainly be appreciated. Speculation is fine, but please distinguish between theories and facts, and if possible post links to sources (gameplay videos, images, etc.)

Lylat as a whole is a black hole of information (ironically)

We know little of the composition and form of Lylat, other than the fact that Corneria is the 4th planet

Sauria seems to not be a part of a parent body (AKA gas giant), so it doesn't appear to be a moon.

Adventures states that it's in a "lost corner of the lylat system" or some crap

The way I've always looked at it is this:

Lylat is a binary system, Solar being the smaller of the two stars

There doesn't appear to be twin stars in the skies of Sauria so, logically, one could assume that the planet is a sizable distance from the centre of the system, possibly on a pluto-esque orbit

So... how does a planet that far out have a breathe-able atmosphere?

Simple: High content of greenhouse gasses in the upper atmosphere

S'all speculation however. So far as I know, we have no defined map of Lylat's orbits. Several fan-created orbit maps exists, but they obviously aren't canon.

Lylat as a whole is a black hole of information (ironically)

We know little of the composition and form of Lylat, other than the fact that Corneria is the 4th planet

Sauria seems to not be a part of a parent body (AKA gas giant), so it doesn't appear to be a moon.

Adventures states that it's in a "lost corner of the lylat system" or some crap

The way I've always looked at it is this:

Lylat is a binary system, Solar being the smaller of the two stars

There doesn't appear to be twin stars in the skies of Sauria so, logically, one could assume that the planet is a sizable distance from the centre of the system, possibly on a pluto-esque orbit

So... how does a planet that far out have a breathe-able atmosphere?

Simple: High content of greenhouse gasses in the upper atmosphere

S'all speculation however. So far as I know, we have no defined map of Lylat's orbits. Several fan-created orbit maps exists, but they obviously aren't canon.

Someone on the Reddit thread pointed out that the planet is held together and made suitable for life through basically artificial means (the Force Point Temples). That means the planet can be located outside the Orbit of Venom and still realistically have its' atmospheric conditions. If nothing else, nothing seems to suggest that Sauria's orbit isn't right outside Venom's.

At this point, I would like to know if anything contradicts Sauria being right outside Venom's orbit, rather than in a very distant orbit or outside the system entirely. My theory would need some rethinking in that case.

See this map I found online for where I currently imagine Sauria orbits: ' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="859px" height="750px">">' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="859px" height="750px">

Pretty sure nowhere, since the Lylat system's geography changes from game to game. Seriously, I wouldn't spend much time thinking about it. Starfox has about the least among of Canon information of any franchise out there.

• Like 1

Pretty sure nowhere, since the Lylat system's geography changes from game to game. Seriously, I wouldn't spend much time thinking about it. Starfox has about the least among of Canon information of any franchise out there.

That's what I'm starting to think as well. I hinted at that in my last post, but I probably should've put more emphasis on it. Right now, I'm probably going to work under the assumption that Sauria is where that map has it, unless/until I get conflicting information.

At this point, I would almost post my theory in a new thread, but I don't know if anyone would be interested, and I would be starting two threads in a row.

Here's my take on the Lylat System based on what I've observed and gathered: http://starfoxeh.weebly.com/lylat-system.html

I'm somewhat convinced that Sauria shares a vulcan orbit with Corneria; that being they have the exact same orbit about Lylat but are always on opposite sides of the star. Under normal circumstances if Sauria exploded like it was going to it really should not have had much of an impact on other planets in the system, however General Pepper is pretty insistent that if Sauria explodes it's going to have catastrophic effects on Corneria. I can only see this being the case if they share the same orbit and the debris from an exploded Sauria circles around until gets too close to Corneria.

Here's my take on the Lylat System based on what I've observed and gathered: http://starfoxeh.weebly.com/lylat-system.html

I'm somewhat convinced that Sauria shares a vulcan orbit with Corneria; that being they have the exact same orbit about Lylat but are always on opposite sides of the star. Under normal circumstances if Sauria exploded like it was going to it really should not have had much of an impact on other planets in the system, however General Pepper is pretty insistent that if Sauria explodes it's going to have catastrophic effects on Corneria. I can only see this being the case if they share the same orbit and the debris from an exploded Sauria circles around until gets too close to Corneria.

I'm thinking that it isn't any closer in than Venom, because it isn't a part of SF64. Adventures describes it as being in a "lost corner of the Lylat System," while showing the planet in the background (attached image).

Watch this video starting at 2:40 for the Dinosaur Planet introduction scene in Adventures:

It's in a lost corner, you guys.

Don't you pay attention? >:V

There isn't any canon source I'm aware of that details Sauria's location other than SFAd's general statement that it was in a "far corner" or whatever cryptic phrase they used that means the same thing. Anything anyone says is pure speculation. Plus, I would be very skeptical of something in Star Fox Adventures. The game did not treat the canon well due to it's shoe-horning into the Star Fox franchise. (Krystal's backstory isn't even consistent between the game and the manual)

Also, Solar isn't a star. It's a planet. It's pretty much the only thing the SF64 guide got wrong. Every other source refers to it as a planet, even in-game in SFC (A simple universe fact like that is exempt from the "SFC is not canon due to multiple endings" because Solar is a planet regardless of ending).

Since when did having more than one ending make something not canon?

A lot of people have Command suspended in a "non-canon" state because the multiple endings and pathways make it unclear as to what in the game actually is canon. For instance, Krystal being in the Cornerian Army and being in Star Wolf can't simultaneously be canon. DZ's point is that Solar's status as a planet is unaffected by this because it's a static worldbuilding block that remains a constant no matter what the "real" plotline is.

A lot of people have Command suspended in a "non-canon" state because the multiple endings and pathways make it unclear as to what in the game actually is canon.

Star Fox Command isn't the first Star Fox game to have contradicting routes and/or endings. Let alone games like Mortal Kombat and other fighting games, Warcraft and other games, etc.

For instance, Krystal being in the Cornerian Army and being in Star Wolf can't simultaneously be canon.

And? I doubt Fox fought both the robot Andross and the real Andross. And that's just looking at Star Fox.

Raiden powered up by Elder Gods defeated Shao Kahn in Earthrealm instead of Liu Kang, Scorpion, etc. We still don't know who beat M. Bison in Street Fighter 2. Etc.

Uh, Fox defeating the real Andross is the canon ending, considering the following games pretty much rely on that.

Also not entirely sure what you're finding so controversial about "no one knows what parts of Command's story are canon, so no one's making definitive statements about its canonity yet". Or what that has to do with Mortal Kombat.

Especially since, again, the point was that no matter where the plot goes, Solar's status as a planet is constant.

Uh, Fox defeating the real Andross is the canon ending, considering the following games pretty much rely on that.

And yet none of the Star Wolf members are cyborgs or pilot a Wolfen II in any of the non-remakes after 64. The "Real Andross Route" apparently has had a broad strokes approach applied to it.

Also not entirely sure what you're finding so controversial about "no one knows what parts of Command's story are canon, so no one's making definitive statements about its canonity yet".

Having contradictory endings doesn't make a game not canon. That's the point.

Or what that has to do with Mortal Kombat.

Every non-spinoff MK game has had contradictory endings. None of them have been declared non-canon.

no one is saying "this game has contradictory endings so the game is ENTIRELY NON-CANON FOREVER" we're saying "we don't know what qualifies as canon from this game" and even then that was just an aside to a point DZ was making about the actual subject of this topic which we should probably get back to

Hm i thought i read somewhere that it was just gear for piloting the wolfen II and not that they were mechanized

Seems like i got the ridley treatment then

Either that or star wolf has the best surgeon in existence at their disposal

Sigh nintendo