Stuck "Updating" Workshop Content

Ori

Question

I've been having this issue since a few days now and it's starting to become rather aggravating.

IQ01Ri5.jpg

No matter what I try doing, regardless of setting to pause, stop, starting again or queuing other downloads, Steam persists in clogging up the download schedule with this "0 bytes" workshop content update, making it impossible to download anything else. Whenever stopped, it's stuck at "stopping". I've experienced some slowdowns in games while this was going on, and my connection also tends to have some random usage that wasn't all that present before this started.

I already trying flushing Steam configuration, so far the fix is only temporary until the next computer restart. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Additionally, Steam claims the game is ready to play.

1KEshrd.jpg

Edited by Orbi The Joyful Furry
Adding more info.

7 answers to this question

I sometimes have this problem whenever my Internet decides to screw me over by being slow. But if it's GMod Workshop stuff that downloads through the Steam client and not in-game, then surely you can move a different download up the list? Or, put a different game on 'High Priority Update'?

@Clearwater Like I said, the download itself refuses to stop, so it won't move out of the active download in the queue, and I can't move it out of the top.

Changing other games to priority update and/or putting Gmod at 'update only when launched' doesn't seem to help much either.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous:

CdU0hGm.jpg

I subscribed to some more addons and cleared the unused addons by deleting any .GMA file that the game wasn't using, then this happened.

Also any suggestions to reinstall GMod are not exactly within options:

hvTW7jo.jpg

This is getting stupid now. ._.

TfuJrdL.jpg

Did you try restarting Steam?  Or restarting your computer?  Last time I had this issue with Gmod, I restarted Steam and it was fine afterwards.

Flushing Steam config requires Steam to restart, so yes. I also restarted my computer a couple times. 

The download is still going on there. I guess I'll just leave it there for now, doesn't seem like messing around randomly by myself will do much good.

Maybe you should delete and reinstall Steam. I'm not amazing with this stuff but I can't see any other alternative.

One thing that  fixes ALL of my Gmod problems, is deleting everything in the addons folder. That will sorta "refresh" the addons, and it will redownload everything, even reduce lag too... For some reason. (Though anything that's not in garry's mod workshop may vanish due to that so it'll be a hastle to find those specific models, but it'll be worth it if it means G-mod working again.

Another thing is it could be one of the addons you're trying to download. So delete those, and then install them one by one to see which one is the problem.