Starzone: Liberation

Guest Para Astaroth

Guest Para Astaroth

"Yeah..."  Regul sighed and rose her head, looking up to the horizon and holding the strap from her rifle, which was around her shoulder.  "Just hope we finish the ridiculous war and return home...  I'm sick of this already..."

Marcus, remaining a ways behind the unit, overheard Regul and looked away.  He thought to himself if he was actually doing the right thing and if the Vektrans finishing this war by force was the best decision to have been done?  Was letting his fallen comrads die slowly and painfully the best thing?  Is there any motive that the Vektrans are trying to prove?  Stings of questions rang in his mind with invalid answers to follow them.  He could only shake off the thoughts and return to advancing with the unit.

Para remained silent throughout the advancement while keeping his orders implanted in his brain:  Help the Vektrans win, collect his income, leave.  Simple, but effective.  Letting his visor slide back into his headpiece, he scanned the horizon with his super soldier keen senses, but didn't sense any anomolies amongst the path.  His visor slid back over his eyes as he ran schimatics after schimatics of the planet and how much further they had to walk until they were at the Hellfurion capital city.  He would occasionally glance over at Regul after his visor pointed to an enemy on it's radar, which pointed to her, but checked it several times before shutting the scan off; something didn't quite add up to him.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Star Fox Runner

• Braux

• Matrilwood

Guest Para Astaroth

Marcus turned around to Todd, "We're headed to the 'actual' capital city on this planet."  He shrugged.  "I believe these Vektrans know what they are doing to take down these guys, but we are not getting much ground from what tactics we were given to follow."  He turned back around and resumed advancing forward with the unit.

"Who planned this Operation in the first place?" Krystal asked still weary of her surroundings "Regul?" She asked looking at her. "Do you have anything you wish to tell us?"

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul turned around halfway, "No, why?"

Marcus tilted his head a little, then asked one of the soldiers in the unit. 

"Colonel Teplar did.  Don't you remember?  You were at the debriefing section of the base with Para Astaroth."  He replied back, then turned back around with the unit.

Marcus then looked over at Krystal and rose an eyebrow.  "There's your answer."

"I don't get it why he  underestimated  the forces we would encounter."Krystal muttered she turned to Regul "Oh nothing just a  thought."

Guest Julius Quasar

Marcus turned around to Todd, "We're headed to the 'actual' capital city on this planet."  He shrugged.  "I believe these Vektrans know what they are doing to take down these guys, but we are not getting much ground from what tactics we were given to follow."  He turned back around and resumed advancing forward with the unit.

"Thanks, Marcus." Todd said.  "Marcus, Marcus....where have I heard that name before?...." he added.

"Thanks, Marcus." Todd said to his nephew.  "Wow, you sure grew since I last saw ya'...." he added, noticing.

"Todd...That's Marcus Ruddlock...."Krystal sighed.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Good thought; even I don't know."  Marcus agreed with Krystal as they continued on until they reached a wall standing thirty feet high.  Dropping their things, Marcus and the others took a few minutes to place their essential equipment onto their uniforms before Marcus radioing for air-support.  "Marcus Ruddlocke to Weeping Widow:  Come in!" 

"This is Weeping Widow:  Go ahead, Marcus."  A voice chimed back almost immediately.

"We are fourty clicks from the capital city of Hellfure and we have a somewhat of a big obstacle blocking our path.  Requesting VF-145 shells."  Marcus reported back and looked around at his men, then to Krystal and the others walking in.

"Request confirmed:  Sending AP-260 gunship to your location."  Marcus lowered his hand and looked to his men.

"Get yourselves clear as soon as I give the word.  They're going to rain shells onto this wall and hopefully we will be able to proceed further into the capital city."

As the rest of the squad made it to the unit, Para was looking around as though someone were missing.  A soldier asked him if he were missing something and he shook his head.  "Negative:  Regul is missing.  I cannot locate her position on my scanner, nor my radar."

"No.."Krystal said looking around for Regul she tried to Locate her telpathically. "I'll be  out looking for her!" krystal said  running off in the direction she senced her.

Guest Julius Quasar

Todd held his rifle at the ready, looking around.

"How closer are we to our destination?" he asked, while keeping up with his allies.

General Belial was approached by a sergeant.  "Sir....we've lost a unit in that raid...the one led by Your new lieutenant." he said, fearfully.

"WHHHHAAAAT!?" asked the General.  "Well, sir...so far our casualties are..." the sergeant read the statistics of POW, MIA, and KIA.  "Todd McCloud is unaccounted for, sir.  We don't know if..." the sergeant was slammed face first into the General's desk.

"NOT..." *SLAM* "WHAT..." *SLAM* "I..." *SLAM* "WANTED..." *SLAM* "TO..." *SLAM* "HEAR..." *SLAM* "AT..." *SLAM* "ALL..." *SLAM*

General Belial let go of his unconscious sergeant, and paced back and forth in his office.  "Not what I wanted to hear at all..." he muttered to himself.

Guest Para Astaroth

"This is Aring Dawn Gunship:  Coming in for VF-145 shells as requested!  Get clear of the area."  The pilot of the gunship chimed in through Marcus' commlink and he turned quickly to his unit.

"ALRIGHT!!!  GET CLEAR OF THE WALL!!!"  He shouted to them, and they all began running away from the wall.  Soon, a low rumbling sound of an engine echoed in the distance, followed by thunderous booms and screeching, then several loud explosions collided with the wall, covering it in dust and smoke clouds.  Pieces of debris and cement flew around like shrapnel and the gunship pummeled the wall.  Marcus and the unit remained on the ground with their arms covering their head; faces in the dirt.

As the shells rained down upon the wall, Regul appeared down an alleyway, then sprinted down the center street filled with crumbling structures as the explosions echoed throughout the city.  It took a matter of seconds before she heard a gun click and she froze in place; she looked to her side to see a Hellfurion commando with four other soldiers aiming at her.  He raised his hand and their guns lowered.

"It's good to see you again, Miss Luger."  The commando greeted with a hand motioning to the building he was in front of.  "Colonel Radic would like to have a meeting with you."

"Hmph...  Like usual, I presume?"  She asked, with a cocky smile and her ear flicking.  She turned her head to the side, "I best get your men ready; a vixen named 'Krystal' is on her way here as we speak."  The commando nodded, motioning for her to walk inside and he ordered his men to disperse amongst the buildings. 

He placed his hand to the side of his helmet, "Sniper 01, Come in."

"Sniper one... Go ahead."

"Anomaly approaching thirty degrees West, down center.  Position yourself and your fellow snipermen so you all will have a clear shot.  Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir...!"  the sniper replied and he called out to his men to get ready.  "Two men to the left side, four on the right with me; position yourselves for attack."  The men all dispersed at his given orders and he knelt behind a steel barricade up on a building, aiming his rifle down towards the street, looking down the scope of his rifle.  "Any day now...  Your hind will be mine..."

Krystal seemed to appear behind marcus "That Dirty Little Scoudrel I can't belive I trusted her!"she growled stomping her foot to the ground.

Guest Julius Quasar

"Why that ungrateful, little, bitch!"  Todd grumbled.  "Traitor!" he muttered. 

He aimed his Helghast StA-52 LAR assault rifle.  He wished he was armed with an ISA standard issue M-82G assault rifle.

He stood by and covered Krystal and Marcus.

Guest Para Astaroth

Soon, the shelling ended and the unit got up from the ground, shoving sand off themselves.  "WHOO!!!"  Cheered a soldier near Marcus, "THAT'S MY KIND OF S***!!!  STUFF NEVER GETS OLD!!!"

"Settle down, soldier!  Start celebrating whenever this war is over.  Other than that, no cheering."  Marcus ordered and picked up his rifle, shaking the sand off of it.  "Alright, MOVE UP!!!"  As they pressed on, Marcus hung back a bit and turned to Krystal.  "Now, WHAT did you say Regul did?  I obviously couldn't hear you over the shelling."  He asked in a quiet tone to her.

As the unit pressed further into the city, the Hellfurions hidden amongst the buildings watched the Vektran troops progress down the street.  The lead sniper, Sniper 01, remained as still as a statue as he stared down the scope of his rifle at Krystal.  "Ha-ha!!  Found you..."  He slowly and quietly cocked his rifle and looked over at the snipers across the road from him; he nodded to them and they responded back by nodding to the other snipers.

As Regul remained inside the building, hands clasped behind her back and staring straight forward with a tensed look, Colonel Radic, a Helghast genernal, stepped down the steps with his hands behind his back, staring at Regul.  "Well-done, Miss Luger..."  He spoke to her in a slight british-tone through the mask.  "Its good to see a 'worthy' spy do such comemboral service to such higher athority, such as myself."  He stepped in front of Regul, towering her by just a foot.  "Now...  What did you gather...?"

"The Vektran troops have a unit thats already on our position as we speak, but I have a plan that will wipe them out in no time."

"I'm listening..."

Regul then paced back and forth, motioning with her arms, "This unit is a tough pickle to take down, ok?  Now, they have two, or three, telepaths that have some sort of shielding that protects them from standard bullets, but soon will deplete to nothing after a good few rounds; a sniper round to the head would do the trick."  She stopped in front of him.  "Now, they have one super soldier by the name of 'Para Astaroth'--"

"One of the few survivors of this 'Corneria' place, I presume?"  Colonel Radic interupted.

"Precisely."  Regul responded, extending her hand a little.  "By what I had encountered, he has abilities that are FAR MORE greater than living beings, such as ourselves; feats that include such as a mutant or a super being.  They also have a veteran soldier of countless Cornerian wars that goes by the name of 'Marcus Ruddlocke.'  He is somewhat good a tactical situations, but is VERY deadly with rifles and sidearms.  I witnessed him taking out five Hellfurion guards SINGLE-HANDEDLY without even breaking a sweat."

"I see...  And what is your 'plan' you have devised?"  Colonel Radic asked, cocking his head.

"We set up traps that have invisible barricades that none of them will see."

"But will that 'telepath' you spoke of see or sense it?"

"Hmmm...  Good point.  Maybe we could fire it up a split-second before they proceed into the city?"

"Sounds strategic enough...  Anything else?"

"Well, given that the snipers and soldiers outside will have their hands full, I believe we will have enough time to set these things up before they know it."

Colonel Radic nodded and proceed up the steps, but stopped halfway with his hands behind his back and turning halfway to Regul.  "Shall we start our little 'project'?"  Regul nodded and walked up the steps right behind the Colonel.

"She's a traitor she knows everythign about our plan it's time to go to plan B."Krystal growled. "Luckly i left some of my secret weapons unknown to her."She smirked.

Guest Para Astaroth

"And what is this 'Plan B' that you are speaking of and what are these 'secret weapons'?"  Marcus asked with an angry look, knowing that Regul betrayed them.

"And what is this 'Plan B' that you are speaking of and what are these 'secret weapons'?"  Marcus asked with an angry look, knowing that Regul betrayed them.

"I'm not sure but now that she knows about us we'll need to do something unexpected, as for the secrets you'll just have to wait  to find out."Krystal replied "All I can say is that I have a few more friends on the aurora"She added.

Guest Julius Quasar

(I thought Colonel Radic was dead from a suicide shot in KZ2)

Todd kept watch over his two allies, Krystal and Marcus. 

Guest Para Astaroth

(I thought Colonel Radic was dead from a suicide shot in KZ2)

(Colonel Radic is revived in this RP, since this is set in an alternate universe:  Hence, Starfox?)

"Alright.  Well, do what all you can, Krystal, while Todd, Para, and the rest of the unit, along with myself, proceeds into the city."  He instructed then started off walking.  "Let's go, Para and Todd; you both are with me."

"Already ahead of you..."  Para said, sensing a disturbance in the city.  "There's just something not right about this place.  It seems too...  Quiet and unnerving, no?"

"I have to agree.  Krystal, can you sense anything?"  Marcus asked, looking around to Krystal.

"I'm not picking up any anomalies on my scanner, nor my thermal indicator."  Para spoke up, looking around with his visor switching in and out of different views.

Listening in on speakers that were dispersed about the city within their built-in headsets, Sniper 01 pressed the budd of his rifle harder against his shoulder as he slowly eased back.  "Sniper 01 to all units:  Mask yourselves with desensitizors."  After issuing the order, all the troops started spraying a black chemical-like substance onto their suits and resumed their positions.

Guest Julius Quasar

(Colonel Radic is revived in this RP, since this is set in an alternate universe:  Hence, Starfox?)

"Alright.  Well, do what all you can, Krystal, while Todd, Para, and the rest of the unit, along with myself, proceeds into the city."  He instructed then started off walking.  "Let's go, Para and Todd; you both are with me."

(Oh right!  Sorry!  :facepalm: )

"Right!" said Todd, trying to remember where the Helghast were hiding.

"Already ahead of you..."  Para said, sensing a disturbance in the city.  "There's just something not right about this place.  It seems too...  Quiet and unnerving, no?"

"I have to agree.  Krystal, can you sense anything?"  Marcus asked, looking around to Krystal.

"I'm not picking up any anomalies on my scanner, nor my thermal indicator."  Para spoke up, looking around with his visor switching in and out of different views.

Listening in on speakers that were dispersed about the city within their built-in headsets, Sniper 01 pressed the budd of his rifle harder against his shoulder as he slowly eased back.  "Sniper 01 to all units:  Mask yourselves with desensitizors."  After issuing the order, all the troops started spraying a black chemical-like substance onto their suits and resumed their positions.

"some very feitn brain patterns their either  far away or not there anymore."Krystal replied.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Alright, good enough.  Keep your whitts about yourselves.  Let's move."  Marcus insisted and placed his rifle onto his shoulder as he pressed on.

Up on top of the building, Sniper 01 placed his hand to the side of his helmet, "Sniper 01 to Colonel Radic:  Come in."

"This is I.  Go on." The Colonel's voice responded back almost immediately.

"Those troops Miss Luger mentioned is right outside.  Permission to engage on sighted targets."

"You have the go, Sniper."

"Oh, and Sniper, take Krystal out for me.  She's a pain in the neck..."  Regul chimed in.

Guest Julius Quasar

Krystal, be careful, from what I remember while in the Helghast Army, there are some snipers deployed in this area! Todd thought.

Genral Belial, now in his quarters, walked up to his dresser.  He opened a drawer, picked through some photos in his photo album, of him, General Bradley Vaughton, and the ISA....

He removed his gas mask, and put on the wig that was on it's head stand onto his head, and he stared into the mirror.  General Belial, as he was now known as, looked at himself in the mirror, wearing his wig, now looking like his former self...General Stuart Adams!

There was a knock at his door, and General Adams (now General Belial) swore under his breath, and placed his wig back on its stand, and put his gas mask back on.

"Come in!  This had better be good" he said...