Starzone: Liberation

Guest Para Astaroth

(You can take over Regul if you want now Marcus i'm done.)

(i'm going to make up a temporary character for the doctor here you will never see her again after this roleplay [most likely])

Aurora medbay:

A white Vixen  checked in on Regul and Krystal  writing down their current condition on  a digitial display on her PDa before  holding regul's hand in hers. "Your a lucky one just like me." The Vixen named Amber sighed as flashbacks of her memories started 'flashing' in her mind, she let go of Regul's hand setting it gently back onto the bed. Amber walked over to Krystal Her odd amber  colored eyes meeting with krystal's closed ones.

--------------------------------------------

The Surface

"Marcus you sure it's safe setting up camp out here like this?" Lupe asked.

"Should I take the first whacth?"Tala asked.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Star Fox Runner

• Braux

• Matrilwood

Guest Para Astaroth

(Okie doke)

Ves, still staring out in the distance, spoke up, "No, kid.  I'm standing guard tonight..."  Ves continued watching the distance battle as faint AA and gun rounds echoed towards their position. 

Marcus looked down at Lupe, "Well, if you have any other places to set up camp, then I will be more than happy to follow your directions."  Marcus gave Lupe a sympathetic smirk as he shut his eyes, resting them for now.

Regul looked over at Krystal, whom was still out, and was giving a painful expression.  "You didn't have to do that, Krystal...  You should have left me and continued on with the mission."  She slowly rested her head, looking straight up above her.  "But...  Thank you anyways."

(Okie doke)

Ves, still staring out in the distance, spoke up, "No, kid.  I'm standing guard tonight..."  Ves continued watching the distance battle as faint AA and gun rounds echoed towards their position. 

Marcus looked down at Lupe, "Well, if you have any other places to set up camp, then I will be more than happy to follow your directions."  Marcus gave Lupe a sympathetic smirk as he shut his eyes, resting them for now.

Regul looked over at Krystal, whom was still out, and was giving a painful expression.  "You didn't have to do that, Krystal...  You should have left me and continued on with the mission."  She slowly rested her head, looking straight up above her.  "But...  Thank you anyways."

"Fine I'm standing guard with you then."Tala replied setting the butt end of her assult rifle into the ground and leaning on it.

"Fine ,but I don't think i'll be able to sleep."Lupe replied, leaning against the metal post of a tent her grey fur had sploches of sand over it, she held up her palm to her face tracing over the lines through the thin layer of fur."am I doing the right thing.

------------

"Krystal's dream was to become the best medic ever able to 'literally' bring back those that were dead in battle to life, sadly she never found anything to do that.  She spent years learning about ancient Cerinian medic techniques they used to save lives.  Her squad will never leave a fallen one behind.  It's a garuntee to the members that their body or remains at least will recive a proper burial on their home planet..  Anyway enough yapping from me about Krystal do you need anything Regul? " Amber asked turning to the white vixen noticing she was awak.

Guest Julius Quasar

"....you did your best, Lieutenant, don't feel bad.  The resolve, the will, of the ISA is strong, but ours is stronger!" General Belial told Todd.  Todd nodded.

"I've lost many soldiers under my command, when I was a lieutenant...I lost more than you did on my first time.  Now go.  We must prepare for our next move.  Head to the war room, and await further instruction, Lieutenant McCloud.  Dismissed." said General Belial.

Todd saluted him, and did just that.  Todd had been and still was brainwashed, by the Helghast forces, and he was now serving them.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Just...  Water.  That's all, thank you..."  Regul spoke uneasily and rested her head gently back onto her pillow.  Closing her eyes, instant flashbacks of the Warthog being flung, tossing her about, then impaled by the rod covered in blood; the image distinctively vivid.  She quickly grabbed her chest, which was badged up, since a sensitive nerve shock flowed throughout her body.

The camp was eeriely quiet; the cloth tents flapping slightly with the breeze that was blowing by gently.  It was a matter of seconds before Marcus stepped out of his tent and walked a few meters away; head stroded upwards, gazing upon the glisening stars scattered about.  He kept his eye on the only brightest star as he remembered having frequent nightmares after his 'accident' several years ago.

Ves huffed with a shrug, "Whatever, kid.  I'm not your daddy...  Which I'm f***ing glad I'm not.  Teh!"  He pulled out a cigarette from a chest pouch on his vest, struck a match, and blew a long cloud from his lips.  He held it between his index and middle fingers while he rested his arm, staring off.  "Ever think you're doing the right thing, kid?"  He looked over his shoulder, pointing at Tala and her rifle.  "That gun and the killing, I mean..."  He placed the cigarette back to his lips as it hung from them.  "A gun can change you, but when you never suspect it."  He spoke through the side of his mouth since the other side had the cigarette; he blew another cloud.

"Just...  Water.  That's all, thank you..."  Regul spoke uneasily and rested her head gently back onto her pillow.  Closing her eyes, instant flashbacks of the Warthog being flung, tossing her about, then impaled by the rod covered in blood; the image distinctively vivid.  She quickly grabbed her chest, which was badged up, since a sensitive nerve shock flowed throughout her body.

The camp was eeriely quiet; the cloth tents flapping slightly with the breeze that was blowing by gently.  It was a matter of seconds before Marcus stepped out of his tent and walked a few meters away; head stroded upwards, gazing upon the glisening stars scattered about.  He kept his eye on the only brightest star as he remembered having frequent nightmares after his 'accident' several years ago.

Ves huffed with a shrug, "Whatever, kid.  I'm not your daddy...  Which I'm f***ing glad I'm not.  Teh!"  He pulled out a cigarette from a chest pouch on his vest, struck a match, and blew a long cloud from his lips.  He held it between his index and middle fingers while he rested his arm, staring off.  "Ever think you're doing the right thing, kid?"  He looked over his shoulder, pointing at Tala and her rifle.  "That gun and the killing, I mean..."  He placed the cigarette back to his lips as it hung from them.  "A gun can change you, but when you never suspect it."  He spoke through the side of his mouth since the other side had the cigarette; he blew another cloud.

"My minds more stuck on that death stick you call a cigarette."Tala replied truthfully seriously wanting a gas mask.

Amber soon returned to the infirmary room with a bottle of water which she handed to Regul "Is everything alright dear? "Doesn't take a telepath to know something is wrong all the time."

Krystal stirred holding her cheast in the same spot Reguls wound was she soon calmed down.

Guest Para Astaroth

Ves grinned and blew another cloud out after he took another breath of his cigarette, "Heh...  You'll get over it."  He turned back around and watched the now numerous explosions and bombshells going off in the distance as fireworks.  His eyes glowed from the explosion's lights radiating off at the distance and the small dark smoke from his cigarette rising straight above him as the tobacco glowed whenever he took a breath.  He blew a cloud out the side of is mouth again.

"Oh, no, nothing's wrong.  Just a little...  Sharp pains from my near-death-experience back on Hellfure."  Regul quickly responded back, taking her hand away from her chest and grabbing the bottle of water; opening it and pressing the open end against her lips began drinking the water eagerly.  She took it away, wiping her mouth and sighing in relief as she stared down at the bottle, which was now 2/3 empty.  "Heh...  Maybe I'm a little more dehydrated than I thought...?"  She muttered and put the cap back on, staring over at Krystal.  "Is...  She going to be ok?"

"As far as I know yes She trasfured he own life energy to save you it'll take awhile for her to recover after how much she used."Amber replied."Your the second person she's done that to. The white amber eyed vixen added.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Hmm...  I see..."  Regul mumbled and looked away, taking another sip of water.  She thought to herself if she would ever be able to return to Hellfure and continue the fight, but she knew that her chances of doing so were between slim and nil.

Ves continued watching the explosions and gunfire raining off in the distance, the flashes glowing off his eyes and the tobacco on his cigarette glowing against his furr.  He grunted, getting up and brushing himself off, and took one last breath of his cigarette and thumped it away down the hill.  He walked a ways away from the camp and happened to catch Marcus off at the corner of his eye.  He looked over, nodded to him and sat back down on the ground.  "Looks like this'll be one hellova fight, huh, Marcus?"  Ves asked, looked off down the side of the hill and off to the distance carnage.

Marcus looked over at him, a little startled by Ves' sudden prescence, and shrugged, "Ehhh...  They have always been that way."  Ves looked over at him, an eyebrow raised.

"'That' as in what?"

"'That' being wars and all the like.  Can't ever resolve anything peacefully, but I'm use to the killings; I've done it since I joined the Cornerian Military ten years ago, so there's nothing new to me there."  Marcus chimed in and looked back towards the sky; a feeling of guilt coursed through him.

"Yeah...  But we all know it's for a just cause, right?  I mean, war is necessary for just reason like this.  You just have to put your indifferences behind you and focus on the things you're suppose to be focused on."  Ves reconsiled and pulled another cigarette from his pouch, placing it between his lips, flicking open his light and clasping his hand around the small flame as he lit another cigarette.  "Hell...  Even I have to remind myself."  He spoke through the side of his mouth, then taking the cigarette from his lips and blowing steady stream of cigarette smoke from his nose.  Marcus only nodded.

Guest Julius Quasar

"Remember, Todd...we need you to find Krystal!  You know what must be done about her!" said General Belial.

"Right, sir!" said Todd, dully.

"I'm placing you, and a special squad of Venomian and Helghast soldiers, to find Krystal!  Do what must be done!  Don't fail us, Todd!" the comm link between Todd and the General went blank.

Todd and his squad of soldiers docked their ship.

Guest Para Astaroth

Todd's squad all sat beside and in front of Todd as their ship was begining to take off; it's engines hissing with steam flowing out of it's turbines and then slowly getting louder with loud whistling.  "I hear this 'Krystal' character has had some background relations to our commanding officer, here."  A Helghan whispered to the Hellfurion soldier next to him.  "I wonder if he will even recognize her face after our higher officials brainwashed him."

"Yes, but we will have to keep on caution at all times..."  The Hellfurion soldier responded back with a nodd.  "All there is to do is wait."

The Helghan soldier nodded also, "Yes, no doubt..."

Ves took one final breath of his cigarette, eyes shut, savoring the moment, then blew out a steady stream of smoke.  Thumping it away, "Well, ahhh....  Better get ready," He looked towards the hills at the sun rising slowly, "Morning is only a few minutes away.  Better start waking the unit, huh?"

"Yeah, I'll be with you in a minute."  Marcus responded back quickly while still thinking about what values the war is forging.  Lives were being taken, families had one less family member, relatives would greeve, and most of all, their wills would be crushed.  Marcus sighed through his nose and began walking back towards the camp.

Marcus,  Ves began to think, I sure hope you know what you're doing.  This war isn't going to gain any advances from us without your help.  You and the rest of the other non-Vektran soldiers are all we have left for this war ending in our win.

Krystal started to stir as she woke up ,sitting up she rubbed her eyes "So Regul how you feeling?"She asked in a quiet tired voice.

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul looked over, "Just fine.  I'm more worried about you..."  She replied back in conscern.

Marcus went to each tent, one by one, waking each soldier with Ves going through each of the other tents and helping.  Soon, soldiers without their helmets were stretching and yawning, looing around to see their fellow comrads stepping out as well and yawning.  "Alright," Marcus began, "Get your gear together; we're moving on."

"But... -yawn- What about breakfast...?"  One of the soldiers groggily questioned.  Marcus spun around.

"Didn't you guys pack any edibles before you launched?"  The soldiers looked at one another, a few scratching their chests and their heads.

"Sir..."  A Corporal chimed in from the front, "Do you honestly believe that our leaders would support us with any form of edibles...?  They never had from the start...  We're trained to survive without food for a few days..."

Marcus felt a little uneasy by this and shrugged.  Turning to Ves, he rose an eyebrow, and Ves only shrugged his shoulders to him.  "They're right, Marcus.  We have been taught that ability.  So don't worry about it."

"Yeah...  I sure hope you're right about that."  Marcus responded back uneasily.

"Ehh, just have a little confidence in your soldiers; we can take care of ourselves."

Soon, within a few minutes, Todd's ship was lifting off from it's launchpad, along with four other ships.  "ETA:  TWENTY MINUTES!!!"  The Hellfurion in the cockpit chimed in through Todd's comm.

"I'll be fine i'm not the one who was stabbed through the chest next time would you hold on please?"KRystal replied

"They can't be serious?"Lupe and Tala asked Marcus as the two she-wolves walked up to them.

Guest Para Astaroth

"I'll be fine i'm not the one who was stabbed through the chest next time would you hold on please?"KRystal replied

"They can't be serious?"Lupe and Tala asked Marcus as the two she-wolves walked up to them.

Regul sat back in her bed and sighed, closing her eyes, "Yeah...  Like I ever want that to happen again..."  She then looked looked over at Krystal, a little eager in her eyes.  "Uhm...  Do you think I will be able to go back and help everyone else down on Hellfure?  I really want to go back and help them..."

Marcus looked over at Lupe and Tala, "I wish that were true, but I guess these guys can handle a few days without breakfast."  Ves walked over to the side of the hill, gazing out to the distance.  His eyebrows tensed, sensing something wasn't too quirky out at the once carnage that happened the last night.

"Sir," The Corporal chimed in, "Requesting to set plans for our next route."

"Request granted."  Marcus responded back and then rested his rifle onto his shoulder as he began to walk up the hill and kneeling down, picking up a handfull of sand and letting it flow through his fingers, and through the sides.  Clenching the small handfull of it in his hands, he swore to himself they would win the war and return home safefully.  He then threw the handfull to the side, it flowing in the wind, and him staring off at the sandstorm brewing in the distance.  It's only a matter of time...  He thought.

"Depends on how long it will last and how long you can go without trying to get yourself killed."KRystal replied.

-----

"What's Wrong mArcus?"Lupe asked walking up behind him.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Depends on how long it will last and how long you can go without trying to get yourself killed."KRystal replied.

-----

"What's Wrong mArcus?"Lupe asked walking up behind him.

Regul smiled and closed her eyes.  "Yeah...  I sure hope it doesn't take TOO long..."

Marcus' tone changed, "Time...  Time is the only thing that's wrong."  He turned and walked back to the unit, which most of the soldiers were already geared up and talking amongst each other.  "Lupe, do you have everything you need?  We're moving out right now."  Marcus called out to Lupe as he was setting a beacon for the Vektrans.

A Private walked over to Ves, looked at him briefly, then off in the direction he was staring.  "Is there...  Something wrong, sir?"  He hesitantly asked.  Ves snapped to reality, looking to the private sharply, then to the distance, shaking his head.

"Oh, uh, no.  Just, uhmmm...  Just go back to your squad.  I'll be there in a few."

"Yes, sir!"  As the Private jogged off, Ves looked over his shoulder at the smoke rising into the sky, but no explosions or gunfire was going off.  Something kept bugging him from the inside as he stared off at it.  Turning back around and walking towards the unit, he thought to himself, I've got a baaaad feeling about this...

Guest Julius Quasar

(Sorry guys, I had to pick up my dad's prescription, those retards at the pharmacy lost his order, my stupid mom dumped all this extra work onto me at the last minute, so I had to help her friend move today, then I had to drop my mom off somewhere...had to drop everything and waste several hours today, and then I had a computer problem...good job with Todd's scenario, Para, thank you. :yes: )

Todd was ready for action, with his squad.  They were getting closer to their target...

"Tala and I were ready when you woke up Marcus."Lupe replied simply grabbing her gun off the ground.

-----

Yeah I hope so too but i've had a bad feeling lately maybe a walk will flush out the reason, You able to get up? Krystal asked opening a closet and geting Reguls clothes on.

"I had a heck of  trouble getting your blood out of it worse than a peroid I also sew it back togehter." Serena noted as her hologram appeared in the room.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Errr...  Thanks, I guess..."  Regul thanked hesitantly at Serena, a little caught off guard.  "Oh, uhm...  I suppose I can."  Regul threw the covers back and slowly swung her legs to the edge of the bed; they were dangling just a few inches from the floor.  Ok...  She thought slowly.  Start slow...  Then work my way up....  She placed her feet down onto the floor, then holding onto the bed's bars, she pulled herself up; teeth baring and grunting long.  Soon, she was standing straight up and sighed by her accomplishment.  Looking over at Krystal, "Ok, lead the way."  She grabbed her clothes and began to put them on; her undergarment shorts first.

Marcus nodded, then turned to the unit.  "Alright,"  He started, "We are still quite a ways from the Hellfurion capital; which means we will have to spend another few nights setting up camps while on our way there!  Any suggestions before we move on?"  A few looked at each other, then through the croud, a soldier rose his hand.

"UHHH, I HAVE ONE!!!"  He shouted through the croud.

"Go on!"  Marcus insisted, resting his rifle back onto his shoulder.

"Well..."  He began with a pause.  "Since we managed to get this far by transports, do you suppose the flagships could support us with more--"

"I highly doubt that..."  Ves spoke up, cross-armed and a lit cigarette hanging out the side of his muzzle.  "Given that we're all the way into heavy Hellfurion/Helghast territory, transport drops are out of the question."  The soldier sulked his head and stepped back into the unit.

"Anymore?"  Marcus questioned loudly again.  Seeing, nor hearing, any further questions, he nodded to the unit, then to Lupe and Tala, and Ves, then started making their way from the camps; down the hill towards yet another baring straight of land.

Within seconds, the Hellfurion/Helghast dropship was hovering a mile from the Vektran group with Marcus, Ves, Tala, and Lupe.  The deep tone of the pilot rang through Todd's comm, "SIR!!!  VEKTRAN BATTALION UNIT:  NINE-O' CLOCK, SOUTH-WEST!!!"  The troops inside heard the transmission and looked out the window, seeing the Vektran unit traversing through the landscape.

One of the troops gripped his rifle so tightly, his gloves squeeked slightly against the rifle's metal-coated body.  "Time for a little Vektran-hunting...  Hehehehhh...!"

"I've got a bad feeling."LUpe growled gripping the trigger of her asult rifle thumb against the safety.

"I sense it too."Tala muttered grabbing her macro binoculars from her pack "MArcus,VES!"she shouted seeing something odd.

"Regul your comepltely fine to walk on your own no training wheels."Krystal said holding back a giggle "Where would you like to go first?"

Guest Para Astaroth

Marcus and Ves both spun halfway to Tala, then towards the sky.  Ves saw the silhouette of the dropship closing in, then gripped his rifle.  Sweat matted his fur as he kept his eyes set upon the silhouette.  "Errr...  Marcus...?  Now would be a good idea to find cover."  Ves quietly smoke through the side of his mouth.  Not hearing a response from Marcus, Ves looked to him, "MARCUS!"  He never looked at Ves nor his unit; only the dropship posed a greater challenge.

"Ves,"  Marcus began firmly, "I want you to make sure everyone gets a far away from this area."

"Gotcha!  But what about--"

"I'm staying.  Its best if a distraction is imposed to make them focus on me."

"Have you lost your F***ing mind?!  You're going to get yourself killed doing so!"

Marcus, clenching a fist and shutting his eyes momentarily, then staring back to Ves.  "I know.  I'm well aware of the circumstances.  Now, go."  As Ves jogged off, Marcus called back to him and Ves turned, hearing his name.  "Make...  Make sure...  My brother, Scarr...  Receives this:"  Marcus slowly requested with a knot forming in his throat, then walked off.

In Ves' hand was a leather necklace with a smooth, metallic, red 'X' tied onto it.

Regul chuckled at Krystal's remark and walked in front of her bed.  "Hey, this is your ship, not mine."

"Yes but it is your mind and body not mine."Krystal replied.

--------

"Marcus perhaps I should take it?"Lupe asked looking at the scarf then into Marcus's eyes "Be carefule." she added "And try to come back alive."

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul rose a finger, and mouth open, about to say something, but looked off, sighing in defeat.  "Yeaaahh...  You got me there.  But I at least need a tour of this place."  She mumbled, looking around at the hull of the ship.

Marcus nodded, and motioned for Ves to hand her the necklace.  Ves did so, tossing it to Lupe under-hande, and then walked back to the unit.  "I will.  I promise."  Marcus said quietly to Lupe, then kissed her forehead before walking off; staring at her one last time.

As Ves walked nearer to the unit, some started asking him questions, but he interupted, "ALRIGHT!!  Just SHUT UP for a minute!"  Everyone got quiet and looked at one another before staring back at Ves.  "OK," He began, "By what I'm told, Marcus is going to be the distraction while we try and look for some kind of cover so we can take out the dropship from afar.  Do I make myself clear?"

"YES, SIR!!!"  The unit said in unison.  Ves looked at the unit, but could only think about what Marcus' reason for being the decoy, but he was snapped to his senses as Para remained as still as a statue with a concerned look on his face. 

"Hey, Para.  You ok?"  Ves asked, a little concerned for him.  Para blinked a few times and slowly shook his head.

"I sure hope I am wrong about this, but...  But I feel a familiar prescence up in that dropship; a feeling like I have known this person for quite a while."  Para said, unnervingly.  "But I surely hope that my conscious is wrong about the person I am thinking it is..."

As Para continued staring, his head only held the image of Todd McCloud. 

Guest Julius Quasar

(here's a little treat for this thread:

)

Todd and his unit were in the dropship, and as it hovered over the outside of the camp.

"Sir!  We're here!" a soldier told Todd.  "Deploy!" Todd said, and he and his team repelled down the rip cords, and out of the drop ship.  They were on a ridge overlooking the camp.  "Take cover in the rocks, and the foliage.  Now!"  Todd told them.  They did just that, as they closed in on the camp.