Starzone: Liberation

Guest Para Astaroth

Guest Para Astaroth

As soon as Krystal gave the order, several troops started helping their injured comrads into the Aurora and then jogging off; regrouping with her.  Ves patted himself off and wiped any dried blood from his fur as he regrouped also with the unit.

Regul, along with her squad, regrouped with Krystal and checked their ammunition as they waited.

Marcus looked up, still in a daze, "Oh...  I appologize..."  He got back up, not noticing still he was bleeding from the head and walked on.  Para helped Lupe up and brushed her down as he held a hand out to let her know he was there to help her. 

"If you happen to feel like you are going to collapse or are just feeling a little bit weak, then grab ahold of my arm."  Para informed to Lupe as he waited for her.  Marcus only got up and wonderously walked on down the path and towards the AA implacement, which was about thirty miles away.  "MARCUS!!!"  Para called out to him, "Where is that idiot going...?"

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Star Fox Runner

• Braux

• Matrilwood

"Thanks Para but I'm fine."Lupe said chasing after Marcus.

"Regul you okay?"Krystal asked as she  dragged the body bag of the Spotter into the medical transport.

Dash tried to get up, but the pain in his gut was too strong.

"I'm going to need some help getting back." he said.

"Told ya."Ruby smiled helping Dash up she told him to hang onto her.

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul frowned from the pain, and nodded, "Hrmmm...  Yes...  I'll manage."  She shook off the pain and became more focus on Krystal's next orders.

Para acknowledged Lupe and continued on.  He soon was upon Krystal's squad and already had information he had hacked by the tanks, infantry, and gunships while the unit was fighting.  "I have the exact location of the capital city, but it will take days, possibly weeks to travel by foot."  He warned, then had a slight positive look.  "But, we will be able to reach it by land vehicle in about two days, but airflight is virtually impossible; they can detect any, and I mean ANY, annomoly using cloak and shoot it down.  The capital city is heavily guarded from the inside and out, but we should not have too much difficulty getting in by the back entrance."

"Well it's a good thing I called for a drop of transport vehicles then."Krystal smirked elbowing  something invisble near her the cloak on a large container turned off. The large metal crate dropped it's door revealing three vehicles all shielded warthogs one  had a chain gun http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/02/Real-Halo-Warthog.jpg

the other a guass cannon http://www.pixfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/halo-warthog.jpg

The last had the gun replace with a set of four seats in the back

"Will that suffice?"Krystal asked  making sure the sheild systems on each warthog were up and working.

As Ruby supported him, Dash took a quick look around. Someone was missing.

"Where's Marcus?"

"he's gone off with Lupe."Tala told Dash."SHotgun on Mom's hog!"She called out.

Krystal climbed into the driver seat of the chaingun warthog and started up the engine."Regul would you be so honored as to take the gun?"Krystal asked.

Tala was soon in the passengeyr seat a assult rifle in her hand.

Ruby helped Dash into the transport then helped any other wounded Soliders aboard. "Are their any wounded Female's." Ruby asked

Guest Julius Quasar

"Well, young Master Todd, I have a new assignment for you...there's a group of...'malcontents', who have proven quite the 'thorn in our side'...You may remember them as the 'Star Fox Team'....they serve our enemies...I am appointing you, head of a special squad task force to hunt down and neutralize them.  They serve the allies of the ISA...I shall give you your own drop ship, make you the new lieutenant, and give you a squad mixed of Helghast regulars, and Venomian soldiers for YOU to command." said General Belial.

"Thank you sir..." Todd replied in a dull monotone. 

Todd had gathered his original clothes and weapons, and placed them in brown wrapping paper, then into a package, which he shipped back to McCloud Hall on Corneria.  He then returned with his squad back to the drop ship, and they headed out towards their new targets...

Guest Para Astaroth

While a few of the soldiers hopped into the transport-hog the Aurora brought in, the rest just stared at each other with eyebrows raised, "We're suppose to ride in that?"  A few of them snickered and laughed at the vehicles and radioed for vehicular drops.

Ves, making the transport drop command, placed his hand over his communicator on his right shoulder, "Seargant Ves to any nearby flagships:  Requesting vehicular!"  Soon after Ves called out, a radio voice of a flight commander chimed through.

"This is Raging Phoenix:  Request confirmed, sending transports now."  The comm channel disconnected and Ves nodded to his squadmates.

"Alright, be on the look out for a few transports coming our way!"  Ves yelled out over the wind picking up and howling as it did so.

Marcus all of a sudden stopped walking and looked around while the wind blew his fur in it's direction, along with his torn clothing.  He looked around and saw he was about fifty yards away from the unit and then bewilderedly jogged back.  What happened...?  He thought curiously to himself as he jogged all the way back to the unit, his feet sinking in the dirt as he took medium lengthed strides.  He soon was upon the unit and they greeted him with salutes to their ranking officer.

Ves, realising Marcus had come to his senses, walked over to him, head hung over, and stopped in front of him.  "Hey, I, uhh...."  He choked out, a little embarassed from the last move he made on Marcus.  "I'm...  Ya' know...  I didn't mean to be like I was back there a few minutes ago...  And..."  The words he was trying to force out were too hard to do since didn't have time to think about anything.  "I...  Didn't mean to offend you about...  errr...  Your fiance..."

Marcus just stared at him blankly, then placed his hand onto Ves' shoulder; this caused him to look up a little with an appologetic expression.  "It's alright.  Just focus on the mission we were given and everything will play out if things go right.  Understood?"  Ves nodded and walked off, feeling a little better for appologizing. 

Minutes passed and soon the low rumble of the drop carriers' jet engines were in the distance, then they slowed themselves down as they stopped over the unit; vessels tilted in the opposite direction of the unit's location.  They were eighteen foot long vehicles with gatling gun turrets on the roof, several spots for extra infantry hold onto while the vehicle was mobile, and a two gun turrets on the rear sides.  Five were dropped and the soldiers left were immediately hopping into them; the ones on the turrets cocking theirs and the drivers cranking up the ignition.  The transports roared to life, lights turning on, and then ones in the back roared up and skidded right behind the warthogs in front.

"ALRIGHT!"  Ves yelled out over the engines to Krystal, "WE'RE READY WHENEVER YOU ARE!!!"  Marcus was jogging to one of the transports until Ves motioned to him.  "MARCUS!!  TAKE THE TURRET!!!  YOU HAVE AN EYE FOR TAKING OUT TARGETS, RIGHT???!!!  WELL, ANYWAYS, TAKE THE GUNNER SEAT!!!"  Marcus yelled back, acknowledging him and the gunner that was once there grumbled under his breath as he slid out from under it, walked around and hopped onto the side of the transport.  Marcus jumped over the iron bars and sat at the gunner seat.

The transports that were in a huttled fashion behind the warthog were roaring their engines as they waited.

(They looked like this near the end of the video as it skidds to a stop on the bridge, but the ones introduced in the post are longer with six wheels and one turret on the sides, and a turret on top.

"Regul you going to take the gun?"Krystal asked lookign at Regul (What is she?)

Dash looked out at all of the people preparing to move out. He knew that he was in no shape to fight at all, and that moments before he had been on the verge of death. But he felt a burning desire deep down inside him. To fight, to keep going, to prove himself. He turned to Ruby.

"Ruby, is there any way to get me back in action soon, any at all? What kind of medical equipment do we have on the Aurora?" he asked.

Dash looked out at all of the people preparing to move out. He knew that he was in no shape to fight at all, and that moments before he had been on the verge of death. But he felt a burning desire deep down inside him. To fight, to keep going, to prove himself. He turned to Ruby.

"Ruby, is there any way to get me back in action soon, any at all? What kind of medical equipment do we have on the Aurora?" he asked.

"Sorry there's nothign that can heal you that fast that has been tested."Ruby sighed.

Guest Julius Quasar

Todd watched them move into position through his binoculars.

"Okay, they're coming!  Take your defensive positions NOW!"  Todd passed out sniper rifles, grenade launchers (both the 6 shot and the single shot launchers), hand grenades, and made sure all members of his Venomian/Helghast mixed unit had either a triple shot handgun, or a Helghan Army standard issue rear drum cartridge machine gun and a combat knife.  Todd was armed with a triple shot handgun, a combat knife, and a sniper rifle.  He set one of his soldiers on an MG Gatling gun nest.

They took a strong defensive position near one of the capital city's main gates.

For them...It seemed like The Calm Before The Storm....

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul shot her head around, hearing her name, then nodded, "Oh, right!  Sorry."  She hopped off the transport-hog and climed up the rear of the warthog and pulled herself up as she grasped the grips of the gatling gun.  After pulling the lever back, the gatling gun hummed to live as lights pulsated all over it.  "READY TO GO WHENEVER YOU ARE!!!"  She yelled over the engines of the transports.  (Regul is a silver fox with violet irises, and linings along her arms, forhead, and tail.

While Marcus was stationary in the gunner seat of a transport, his eye twitched and he cocked his head in a certain direction; eyebrows tensed, and eye glaring in that direction.  His fur started rising just slightly as he continued to glare into that direction, adjacent to the transports, and gripped the turret tighter.

There was something obviously out there......

Lupe disabled her cloak sitting up on the top of the transport next to marcus "What is it MArcus?" The grey she-wolf asked.

"Right then Lead the way Ves."Krystal said waving the larger transports out. "Oh by the way Regul take this."Krystal said handing the silver vixen a personal sheild  devise "in case the warthogs sheilds go down I don't want you getting shot again immendently after we lose them."Krystal added revving the engine of the warthog.

"Roar's like a Tiger mom!"Tala shouted over the engine.

meanwhile on the medical transport heading back to the Aurora. "Dash give me some of those sponges please."She said helping one of the wounded soilders.

Guest Para Astaroth

Marcus glanced over at Lupe momentarily, then back in the same direction.  "There's something out there,"  He concurred.  "I don't know...  It's probably just me; canine senses get the best of me sometimes."  After hearing Krystal yelling to Ves, Marcus pulled the lever back on his turret, making a low cocking sound, and he hunced down behind the turret as he waited.

Ves rose a thumb to Krystal and nodded to his squadmates.  "ALRIGHT!!!  PUNCH, GUYS!!!"  He yelled to his squadmates and the engines all roared loudly, starting slowly with jet like engines, then blaring to muscle vehicle engines.

Regul nodded and took the personal shield, "Thanks, I'll use it whenever you give the word."  Looking over her shoulder at her men down in the Vektran transports, she nodded to them and they all returned with a nod. 

As the Helghan army and Venomians with Todd were liing and awaiting the unit's transports, the Hellfurions traversed onto their position with tanks, mounted turrets, and APC's.  A general hopped down from an APC, walked over to the leader of the Helghan army and saluted him, "Welcome to Hellfure, fellow comrads!  We appreciate the assistance you are attaining us with!"  All of the APCs' backdoors clanged and lowered, flowing with troops hunched-running into cover and drawing their rifles, rocket launchers, and grenade launchers.  The tanks' cannons whirred into the direction of the units' position, along with the APCs' mounted turrets on top of them.  Soon, seven gunships appeared from atop of the entrance to the city of Hellfure and hovered several feet above the ground while transmitting ground coordinants to the Hellfurion fighters that were about to launch towards the Vektran flagships

(it was a personal sheild not a cloaking device.)

The Wrthog's engien roare to life as krystl followed behind the larger transport with her smaller warthog true it was small ,but it was much more manuverable and the sheild kept the exposed  gunner sheilded.

Guest Julius Quasar

As the Helghan army and Venomians with Todd were liing and awaiting the unit's transports, the Hellfurions traversed onto their position with tanks, mounted turrets, and APC's.  A general hopped down from an APC, walked over to the leader of the Helghan army and saluted him, "Welcome to Hellfure, fellow comrads!  We appreciate the assistance you are attaining us with!"  All of the APCs' backdoors clanged and lowered, flowing with troops hunched-running into cover and drawing their rifles, rocket launchers, and grenade launchers.  The tanks' cannons whirred into the direction of the units' position, along with the APCs' mounted turrets on top of them.  Soon, seven gunships appeared from atop of the entrance to the city of Hellfure and hovered several feet above the ground while transmitting ground coordinants to the Hellfurion fighters that were about to launch towards the Vektran flagships

Todd returned the salute to the General.  "Hello, sir.  I've been sent by General Belial with a small squad to take defensive surprise attack position by the city gates.  The ISA and CDF are coming towards Vektra City as we speak.  We see them getting closer."  Todd turned to his squad and said "Secure defensive positions now!  Keep your heads down, your guard up, and secure the area!".  His men saluted him and did just that.  "I'll be getting into position as well.  Good luck, sir."  Todd spoke the whole time in his monotone voice, still brainwashed by the Helghast.

He took his defensive position with his squad.

Guest Para Astaroth

The general returned to his APC and stood on top of the it in the gunner seat, holding his arm up; Hellfurion troops guns raised and taking them off safe.  "WAIT ON MY MARK!!!"  The general called out to his men and they all waited like statues, and the armoury vehicles remained in their positions, weapons positioned in the direction of the incoming unit.

While the transports were roaring across the hills, the wind started picking up and the sand started blowing along with the wind; obscuring the drivers' visions.  Sand shards were tapping off of the rims, helmets, and suits of soldiers in the transports while Marcus remained without any head gear; squenting to keep his vision.  A soldier handed him a long tan cloth and motioned to him to wrap it around his head; his voice was drained out by the blaring of the transport's engines.

Marcus did so, tiing the headcloth into a knot behind his neck and then grasping the handles of the turret. 

Ves, sitting in the passenger seat of the lead transport, looked all around to get a view of the enemy, but his vision also was being obscured by the sandstorm.  He reached down in the floorboard, grasping a Vektran helmet, wiping the dust and sand off, then placing it on his head and face, as he adjusted it on his head.  He peered over his shoulder, up at the gunner, and called out to him, "HEY!!!"

"YEAH?!!"  The gunner yelled back.

"BE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE HELLFURIONS!!!  I DON'T WANT TO BE CAUGHT OFF GUARD AND SHOT ON THE SPOT!!!"

"WHAT?!?!!  ALL I HEARD WAS SOMETHING ABOUT NOT GETTING SHOT!!!"

"I SAID, 'KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!!!  I DON'T WANT US TO GET SHOT!!!'"

"OH!!!  ROGER THAT!!!"  The gunner turned back to his position on looking around, while the gunners on the side had their eyes wandering around for any signs of moment.

Regul was rotating around to get a better view as well, but to no avail as the other soldiers.  Her violet colored eyes zipped from side to side as though she were watching somethin.  "There's something out there..."  She mumbled to herself and spun around, looking up at the sky to see two gunships spying on them.  Her eyes widened, then looking over her shoulder to Krystal, "GUNNERSHIPS!!!!"  She soon pull the trigger, the barrels whirred to life and spinning, then a volley of bullets rang out followed by the loud gunfire from the turret.

All of the gunners heard Regul's call, turned to her, then looked up at the sky to see the gunnership as well, then exchanged fire to the gunnership as it zipped around, bullets pinging off it's thick armor, and soon a low homing sound came about and the sand around them was erupting in big bullet explosions. 

"EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS!!!  EVASIVE MANUVERS, NOW!!!"  Ves yelled over the com channel of the unit.  After giving the order, the gunners planted their feet, the side gunners pressed against their seats, and the transports veered swiftly away from each other as the gunners were constantly firing on the gunship.

Not long after the gunship opened fire, the general lowered his arm in the direction of the unit and the infantry, tanks and APC's opened fire.  Tanks recoiled as their cannons fired loudly and echoes bouncing off the sides of buildings; APC's fifty-calibur machine guns blaring around the buildings and cover; stationary gunships' gatling guns hummed to life, whirred, then blared their cannons; infantry simultaneously opened fire in unison while looking down their sights and bullets ringing from the chambers of their rifles.

"IT"S A AMBUSH!"Krystal shouted Flooring the warthog's gas pedal as she sweaved back n' forth to avoid the gunship fire a few small arm rounds pinged off the warthog's energy sheild. "Regul your energy  sheild better be on!"Krystal shouted "The Warthog's sheild won't last too long  if those gunships hit it!" she added growlign at herself why didn't she get the guass cannon hog.

Suddenly a loud Electric sound could be hear  similar to ruby's Rifle something hit one of the gunships cutting through it like a hot knife  through butter some Vectrans had taken the guass hog  and were driving with the group.

Tala had already opedn fire with her assault rifle at the gunships near by hopeing she had gotten the armor piercing bullets instead of the normal ones.

Guest Para Astaroth

Regul froze for a second, then activated her shield, "JUST DID!!!"  Her eyes remained locked onto the gunship as it continued to rain shots down from the sky.

Marcus was constantly firing while adjusting his position as the transport was running over bump after bump and then it went weightless as it launched over a hill and slammed back down onto the sand; everyone bounced back into the transport as it landed.  Soon after they landed, there was a huge explosion followed with sand being lifted off the ground and shaking the ground around them.  Marcus looked over his shoulder as he saw the sihlouette of a tank's cannon smoking, then his eyes went wide as he saw the flash of it and looked to his men, "EVASIVE MANUVERRRRRRR--"

Before he could finish, the transport was hit in the back wheel by a tank shell, sending it kartwheeling through the air, throwing the soldiers about along with Marcus, then exploding as the engine struck the ground and erupting in flames as it shot across, and in front of the other transport like a fireball.  Parts were flying everywhere while the soldiers, and Marcus, were rolling around and flipping all around the sand.

Ves saw the transport hit and his eyes went wide seeing his friends and comrads flying all around the carnage.  It seemed to slow down as he saw Marcus flying amongst them, then his expression went tense as he pulled out his assault rifle and opened fire on the Hellfurions and Helghast positioned up on a huge wall and firing down upon them. 

"TURN YOUR F***ING ATTENTIONS TO THE F***ERS ON THE BRIDGE!!!"  Ves screamed over his com channel and the soldiers in all the transports whirled around and started firing at the bridge.

The general of the attack grinned through his mask, "GREAT JOB, MEN!!!  CONTINUE YOUR ASSAULT!!!  FOCUS ON THE ONES CLOSEST TO THE BRIDGE, THEN ASSAULT THEM FROM THE SIDES AS THEY CRAWL AMIDST THEIR RUBBLE!!!"  The soldiers acted like robot as they firing relentlessly down at the transports and tanks firing thunderous rounds from their cannons. 

"Still here MArcus" Lupe Growled patting MArcus' shoulder she had flown out with him and landed on her feet thanks to her training. Tossing a  grenade towards the hellufrions she pulled out her assualt rifle, firing at them.

"FOCUS THAT DANG GUASS CANNON ON THOSE TANKS WE"LL TAKE CARE OF THE GUNSHIPS!" Krystal shouted over the warthog's Radio. "Regul focus on the gunships I'll  focus on keeping us safe."Krystal said  to Regul just as a  tank round  exploded in front of them, the shield took a little bit of damage as Krystal drove through the explosion the heat peeling some of the paint off as she drove through.

The Guass cannon on the other warthog started firing at the Hellfurion tanks the anti-armro coil gun was able to at least puncture the tanks armor.

thankfully the warthog's manuverablity kept them on their wheels for now.

Guest Para Astaroth

The warthog's gauss cannon disabled the tank's radar and made it virtually blinde.  It's cannon lowered momentarily and then turned slowly around, aiming just away from the warthog.

Marcus rose up from the ground, sand rolling out of his clothes as he looked down at the ground to his cut hands.  "Yeah...  I'm perfectly fine.  Just a few cuts, that's all..."  He responded back and got up, grasping his rifle and running towards his fallen comrads.  Most of them were groaning and laying on their backs as the crash knocked the sense out of them.  He ran over to the driver, whom was thrown out of the impact from the first kartwheel, but was unconscious until Marcus started shaking him.  He looked around and shot up, ignoring his injuries as he grabbed his shotgun and began running along the wall facing away from the bridge.  The rest of the soldiers in Marcus' transport started stumbling around for their rifles until three of them were shot dead by the gunship that was chasing them.  Marcus grabbed his rifle, then ran by Lupe, grabbing her arm, and sprinting as fast as he could.  "FOLLOW ME!!!  WE'LL FLANK THEM FROM THE SIDE!!!"  He yelled to his men, then Ves' transport stopped beside Marcus. 

"HEY!!!  DO YOU GUYS NEED A RIDE??!!!"  Ves yelled over the roaring engine of the transport.  Marcus looked down at Lupe and waited for her to answer.

"ROGER THAT!!!"  Regul yelled over the warthog's engine and the constant gunfire, and explosions, that were happening all around them.  She whirled the turret around and aimed up at the gunship and opened fire at the gunship while it was focused on the troops that were injured from a tank blowing up Marcus' transport.