Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

And getting that cursor to highlight red is like moving it through -molasses-. I know consoles aren't the best thing for FPS style setups, but Assault underperformed more than most console FPS style games do. Perciscion was utterly absent from the game.

Even the sniper was difficult to use.

Yes, because copying another franchise's style in watered down form is clearly "refreshing". (spoilers: its not)

And getting that cursor to highlight red is like moving it through -molasses-. I know consoles aren't the best thing for FPS style setups, but Assault underperformed more than most console FPS style games do. Perciscion was utterly absent from the game.

I'd have to agree; although I do enjoy Assault, it was quickly thrown together, and the gameplay mechanics/storyline clearly reflect that. 

I haven't played Assault's multiplayer for a long time now. If I remember correctly, Assault does have a multiplayer. I would have liked if they'd have co-op multiplayer missions. That, for me, would be enjoyable.

Imagine two of the fur players are on-foot, one on an Arwing/Wolfen, and one on the Landmaster, all working together. Now that would be awesome....

uh...

Don't you think?

It was difficult to use because every character has their own little race car built into them that makes them zooming around. Especially Wolf. :P That, and everybody's such a small target. They get on your cursor for a split second, and then they're gone. And your like, "Wait, what?"

It's been a while for me, but if I remember right the sniper rifle was able to hurt vehicles pretty badly. So shooting down that arwing/wolfen or hitting the landmaster wasn't too much of a chore. So long as you duck out of the way from any returning fire.

It's been a while for me, but if I remember right the sniper rifle was able to hurt vehicles pretty badly. So shooting down that arwing/wolfen or hitting the landmaster wasn't too much of a chore. So long as you duck out of the way from any returning fire.

It did a decent job on the vehicles but you could just as easily pick up a Gatling gun and use that to tear apart your enemies landmaster/flyer. So the sniper to me was useless. A disappointment as I love using snipers.

It was difficult to use because every character has their own little race car built into them that makes them zooming around. Especially Wolf. :P That, and everybody's such a small target. They get on your cursor for a split second, and then they're gone. And your like, "Wait, what?"

Which is just further evidence of how badly designed the game was. Quick moving characters + clumsy, chunky aiming weapons is not a good mix.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Starfox in the air or on foot. Adventures was an excellent game to me so I didn't mind it not having too much flying. Assaults on-foot missions could've been better (more difficult, different objectives), but it was fun blowing up Aparoids and having a choice of whether to do it with a grenade, Landmaster or Arwing. lol

• 4 weeks later...

On foot missions are cool but in the next SF game id like to see mostly air levels but a small portion on foot and landmaster level. :)

On foot missions are cool but in the next SF game id like to see mostly air levels but a small portion on foot and landmaster level. :)

I agree. Maybe a 70% air.

I Want my STARFOX FPS NAO!

Starfox does not need to be an FPS. It'll just end up being generic FPS #489. stick with the Rail Shooter aspect. maybe throw in a Third-Person, Over-the-Shoulder camera like RE5 or Gears

• 2 months later...

I loved the foot missions especially for one main reason (Other than me liking them). People have to realize that Fox does have skills outside of just flying, and it was good to see that it was shown in the missions. Also, yes, they are an expert mercenary team that has many great pilots, but chances are, they would from time to time get sent on a foot mission or two. I loved the idea of it, and hope they put more in.

I agree.

It should be mostly Aerial work, some ground game may be acceptable, like Landmasters. I have always wanted to see Fox do some sort of stealth infiltration thing, something that SOCOM (game) features regularly, A captured space station perhaps?

I personally like the ground missions more, as opposed to Arwing and Landmaster missions.

Frankly, I enjoyed Adventures because of that, and same with Assault.

Please don't bump 3+ month old threads.

It should be mostly Aerial work, some ground game may be acceptable, like Landmasters. I have always wanted to see Fox do some sort of stealth infiltration thing, something that SOCOM (game) features regularly, A captured space station perhaps?

I agree with this, as long as the majority of the game consists of aerial missions with the Arwing, I can definitely enjoy some ground action with the Landmaster and a few well made on foot parts.

:ninja: ninja fox!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I see potential in the series going on-foot, I just think it needed to be more fleshed-out with the controls. I don't have a problem with the series going for the on-rail Arwing missions either; I just think it would add more variety to have things like the landmaster, submarine, maybe a mech-suit, and some on-foot missions. It all really comes down to whoever should choose to develop the next Star Fox game and if they can manage to do it well enough to make it work. Multiple routes, missions, endings, characters, features...these are things I feel would really bring the series back to life.

I recommend this topic for locking, it has been dredged several times now.

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda like some of both. Something like a longer, more polished version of Assult would be the ideal SF game. I know most people won't agree with me on this point, but I really, really liked Assult.