Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

OH MY FREAKIN GOSH I WAS GONE FOR A MONTH ON THE NET AND LOOK HOW MANY POSTS THERE ARE

police.gif  Staff Comment:

Lowered font size just a tad...

O yeah, huh?

Yeah, I also wanna see more levels with the Blue Marine, too.

Idd, that was great fun and also difficult.

are you talking about only landmaster and arwing like 64 or like assualt( Off topic) you posted out of the rec room!  :D

I mean what they did with assault except with more missions (Dude I post out of the rec room all the time except no one notices)

I like both aspects in the Starfox games. Personally if they stayed in Arwings ALL the time it seems to be to much of a handicap.

Plus I love Assault to death, but I agree to an extent. Some gameplay is smoother with better controls and better animation. Personally I think Assault could have used both. Fox's running was too stiff-he needed to move like he did in the "running to the Arwings" scene or when running back to his Arwing after Pigma escaped. Blaster animation was stiff too.....you need more recoil....have Fox hold out the blaster in front of him when he fires-basically something different than the same average pose. But SFAS is a five year old game. So Imma overlook it.

But in the future, I think they need to push it more. Not only with the controls but with some of the animations and attacks. It's not about just the basic stuff in videogames anymore. It's getting people to shout "DAAAAAAAYYYYUUMMM!" at their TV screen.

I despised the on foot missions. The only game that IS fit for Star Fox being on ground is Adventures. But on foot for anything besides Adventures is a BIG nono.

I despised the on foot missions. The only game that IS fit for Star Fox being on ground is Adventures. But on foot for anything besides Adventures is a BIG nono.

does this includ land master/ cause i like the land master but not foot

Big fan of the On rail shooter-gameplay from SF64 but thats just me, or the majority... but I did like StarFox Assault for having bit of the on-rail, on foot missions, but man I would probably have to go with the air. It seems like the on foot controls were rushed... but either way both have their goodies and no noes.

I was happy with Assault....it had the mix of both and in some levels let you do both

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I enjoyed the on-foot sections as well as I do not believe a mercenary should be restricted to the cockpit. In fact, I would adore another game like Adventures in the Starfox series.

Personally I am one for the Arwing flight, the Landmaster was fun, but they sort-of have to design a better way to control the landmaster. The controls were ok, but it was ehhh.

What really attracted me to SF: Assault was the design and the eye candy in my opinion. Especially when you did a barrel roll :D

The on-foot was good, but the controls were tricky and difficult to learn. Also the voice acting for adventures was ehhh. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but Slippy's voice in Adventures made me want to go to the nearest nursery and go on a Baby punching rampage. (Not really, but its for dramatic effect, Also dane cook reference  :trollface: )

I hated Slippy's voice in adventures to. :P

I know many people who thought slippy was a girl until assault because of his voice, that being said you should hear his Japanese assault voice makes Krystal sound manly.

I know many people who thought slippy was a girl until assault because of his voice, that being said you should hear his Japanese assault voice makes Krystal sound manly.

it toke my three minutes to find out he was male. (assualt being the first game i played.

Any starfox fan would like the Air better, but if the foot mode had more potential to it, then I'd like the foot mode better.  It seemed....rushed, on Assault. :/

Any starfox fan would like the Air better, but if the foot mode had more potential to it, then I'd like the foot mode better.  It seemed....rushed, on Assault. :/

Wait, the air combat has poteintal as well. I realy only wanted arwing and landmaster action....the foot combat was...Meh.