Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

This may seem hard to believe, buy Starfox is supposed to be a rail shooter as much as tetris is supposed to be a game about stacking. If I play tetris, I don't expect to be hitting a ball at blocks with a paddle. If I play Starfox I don't expect a cross between Super-Mario and Spyro the Dragon set the furry future with a main character that can cast magic because of his over-sized magic wand.

It actually peeves me of quite badly when I buy a game, only to find out that the developers thought, "Hey lets make a sequel to Musashi: Samaria of Legends, but call it Legend of Spyro just to confuse the hell out of people."

I don't mind adding new elements to the game-play, such as being able to leave the arwing, but having a completely different game, just with the same characters is messed up at best.

Like Crash of the freaking Titans..

If you balance it out nicely, I don't mind Star Fox being on foot one bit!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Star Fox Adventures, but when you compare it to the rest of the franchise, it leaves you thinking, "WTF is this?"

As for Assault, it was a step in the right direction, but there were too many on foot levels, and not enough Arwing levels, particularly not enough on rails.

If they did use on foot missions in the next game, I wonder what it would be like if they did it in a first person view?  :?:

First person shooter for ground and cockpit view for ship Just like the Rogue Squadrons series! With the ability to switch between views on both on-foot and Arwing, Wolfen(maybe), Landmaster and Mariner(dream on but the hope's out there)

If you balance it out nicely, I don't mind Star Fox being on foot one bit!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Star Fox Adventures, but when you compare it to the rest of the franchise, it leaves you thinking, "WTF is this?"

As for Assault, it was a step in the right direction, but there were too many on foot levels, and not enough Arwing levels, particularly not enough on rails.

Except Adventures had infinitely smoother on-foot controls than Assault ever did....

Except Adventures had infinitely smoother on-foot controls than Assault ever did....

I am pretty sure if the foot missions in assault were a whole lot smoother, more people would have liked it.

I mean, I like it, but am still looking at it, and thinking that they could have done so much more with ease with it.

But then again, some people just don't want to see Fox out of an Arwing. So in some senses, it just is a matter of opinion, and if you are a fanboy or not. Lol

I am pretty sure if the foot missions in assault were a whole lot smoother, more people would have liked it.

I mean, I like it, but am still looking at it, and thinking that they could have done so much more with ease with it.

But then again, some people just don't want to see Fox out of an Arwing. So in some senses, it just is a matter of opinion, and if you are a fanboy or not. Lol

Yeah. Then the game would have been just mediocre and unoriginal, instead of just flat-out bad.

Yeah. Then the game would have been just mediocre and unoriginal, instead of just flat-out bad.

I don't quite follow what you mean right there. Could you clarify?

I don't quite follow what you mean right there. Could you clarify?

Assault's (ground mission) gameplay was clunky and unresponsive. Fixing this gameplay would have bumped the game to "Generic third person shooter with cruel tastes of what could have been" rather than "bad third person shooter with cruel tastes of what could have been."

Assault's (ground mission) gameplay was clunky and unresponsive. Fixing this gameplay would have bumped the game to "Generic third person shooter with cruel tastes of what could have been" rather than "bad third person shooter with cruel tastes of what could have been."

Unoriginal would be a pretty bad choice of words though. It wouldn't be a "Generic third person shooter" since not many video-games let you pilot a Spaceship and Tank in the same game.

Unoriginal would be a pretty bad choice of words though. It wouldn't be a "Generic third person shooter" since not many video-games let you pilot a Spaceship and Tank in the same game.

Halo.

Any Starwars game.

There's loads, actually, just not always strictly a fighter jet or a long-barrel tank, just variations of them.

I think I prefer being on foot IMO. Probably because you can explore the environment and actually walk around while in space you fly everywhere.

But being on air is good too :cool: (that's the whole point of Starfox, right? :lol:).

I agree on all the stand points Milky and Robert stated.

...I am only putting it short and sweet because I am in a rush for time. xD

Star Fox Assault was the first game in the series I played. Shortly after I played Star Fox 64 and loved it. I believe that if they made more levels that were like the Sauria mission for the on foot levels, but still kept in more of the classical arwing levels it would've been a bit better. Switching from foot to air and back again based on the situation was pretty nice, it's kinda difficult to be original with it though.

First person shoot doesn't belong in star fox. And if they do do on foot levals only weapon should be blaster(do we really need all thoas guns?), That, that way it could be more about Arwing and Landmaster.

Star Fox Assault was the first game in the series I played. Shortly after I played Star Fox 64 and loved it. I believe that if they made more levels that were like the Sauria mission for the on foot levels, but still kept in more of the classical arwing levels it would've been a bit better. Switching from foot to air and back again based on the situation was pretty nice, it's kinda difficult to be original with it though.

More like Sauria? Sauria was the -worst- on foot level in Assault.

I liked it. It just seemed to click with me. At least about being able to drive what you wanted when you wanted or go on foot. The mission objective, I have to agree, was awful. I think I just used a bad example.

My least favorite level was the first part of the Aparoid Homeworld, especially on Gold difficulty. Just the size of the level, mixed with the number of hatchers you have to destroy, just makes the level seem long and drawn out. It seemed more like a chore than anything else.

My least favorite level was the first part of the Aparoid Homeworld, especially on Gold difficulty. Just the size of the level, mixed with the number of hatchers you have to destroy, just makes the level seem long and drawn out. It seemed more like a chore than anything else.

Personnly i think that  was the best on foot level because it took so long.

I liked it on gold. It was the only real level where you could fight in narrow hallways on that setting. Grenades are your friend here.  :D

oh yeah  the narrow hallways now if only they had made that more like halo's on foot then it would have been awesome.

This, all the way home. Not to mention Fox dies with 2 or 3 hits from most enemies, so while the sheer size of the level is fun to explore, getting around it is a pain in the ass. Made worse when some places are just secluded out in the middle of nowhere, too.