Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

Any starfox fan would like the Air better, but if the foot mode had more potential to it, then I'd like the foot mode better.  It seemed....rushed, on Assault. :/

I personally prefer the idea of Star Fox being mainly on foot, Arwings occasionally, and Landmasters rarely.

As for the Blue Marine, come on.  Really?  Maybe once or twice XD

I personally prefer the idea of Star Fox being mainly on foot, Arwings occasionally, and Landmasters rarely.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this all. Lol

Wait, the air combat has poteintal as well.

Air combat IS the game's potential.

Me too. :)

>>STAR Fox

>>Mostly on foot

>>OCCASIONALLY Arwings

maceno.jpg

>>STAR Fox

>>Mostly on foot

>>OCCASIONALLY Arwings

maceno.jpg

Lol at the pic. But then again, this is all just whether someone likes the idea on foot rather than on air. I personally like it on foot a lot too.

That being said, I do agree it was made to be a rail, space, shooter. I just personally like it on the idea of them on foot missions. =]

There's a dickton and a half of other generic foot based shooter games. Leave Starfox in the damn sky and space, where they were born, where they belong, where they were meant to damn be.

There's a dickton and a half of other generic foot based shooter games. Leave Starfox in the damn sky and space, where they were born, where they belong, where they were meant to damn be.

Oh! I am not saying whether or not they should be on air or foot, just stating I personally like the idea of them on foot. =]

Lol at the pic. But then again, this is all just whether someone likes the idea on foot rather than on air. I personally like it on foot a lot too.

That being said, I do agree it was made to be a rail, space, shooter. I just personally like it on the idea of them on foot missions. =]

Kinda like in stargate huh? I can just picture fox as O'Neil, Krystal as Sam, slippy as Danial, and falco as telk.....kinda. (Is that how you spell it?! O_o)

>>STAR Fox

>>Mostly on foot

>>OCCASIONALLY Arwings

maceno.jpg

I agree, awesome picture. lol

Now then, let's take a quick look at the title...

"Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?"

Let's see...Do -I- like the idea...Me...A personal opinion...Huh.

See, I like the -idea- of Star Fox being on foot more often than being in the air.  That doesn't mean that the -games- must be based on on-foot combat.

I agree, awesome picture. lol

Now then, let's take a quick look at the title...

"Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?"

Let's see...Do -I- like the idea...Me...A personal opinion...Huh.

See, I like the -idea- of Star Fox being on foot more often than being in the air.  That doesn't mean that the -games- must be based on on-foot combat.

And he was just expressing his feelings about that.  :P

And now I shall express mine. I love the air combat, i think it should be landmaster ocassionly, And then no foot

combat. For once i agree with you :wink: Fox was born for the skies, It's where i think 79% of the game play should be. However, If we have another adventrues syle game that would be good.

On foot for the most part, in the air on occasion.  honestly, I like how it was all played out in Assault where you had all three options open with one being able to have an arsenal of weapons. it feels more like a combat mission rather than just flying along on a set path like in 64 and the games prior.

• 1 month later...

Well...Hmm...

I say we should put Fox on the ground long enough to get him in the air.  One mode of play shouldn't overtake the other.  If we're going to be on the ground, we'll need awesome & challenging gameplay.  In the air we should mix it up between straight-lined rails and vast free roam environments...Maybe even play as StarWolf once in a while. :wolf:

Well...Hmm...

I say we should put Fox on the ground long enough to get him in the air.  One mode of play shouldn't overtake the other.  If we're going to be on the ground, we'll need awesome & challenging gameplay.  In the air we should mix it up between straight-lined rails and vast free roam environments...Maybe even play as StarWolf once in a while. :wolf:

Adventures and Assault are my favorites. Being on foot ánd in the air is the best idea.

In most Sonic games there are two or more stories. From the eyes of... Sonic and the other one from Jet. It might be a great idea to test it out with StarFox and Starwolf.

^ On foot as in Starfox assault. Anyway, I liked Starfox assault and the idea of having the team on the ground. Though I'll admit, there should have been more air combat involved.

And on a side note, There should have been more missions. What do you think?

more missions with the mix they had in assault.

StarFox on foot is like a Zelda game where the obligatory fishing minigame is mandatory and takes many hours of game time. It may be cool and all, but really I wanna play Zelda, not a fishing game.

Point being, if StarFox goes on foot, it should be Blue-Marine level rare and stick to the skies otherwise. I like StarFox for arcadey PEW PEW and barrel rolls, not generic Zelda clones (I play Zelda for that) or generic 3rd person shooter.

This may seem hard to believe, buy Starfox is supposed to be a rail shooter as much as tetris is supposed to be a game about stacking. If I play tetris, I don't expect to be hitting a ball at blocks with a paddle. If I play Starfox I don't expect a cross between Super-Mario and Spyro the Dragon set the furry future with a main character that can cast magic because of his over-sized magic wand.

It actually peeves me of quite badly when I buy a game, only to find out that the developers thought, "Hey lets make a sequel to Musashi: Samaria of Legends, but call it Legend of Spyro just to confuse the hell out of people."

I don't mind adding new elements to the game-play, such as being able to leave the arwing, but having a completely different game, just with the same characters is messed up at best.