The Cornerian Complex

Fluxy

Business was rather slow at Kage's bar, but that didn't stop him from finding something to do.  At the moment, he was cleaning the dust out of the last pint glass on the shelf behind him.  The bar table was wiped down, the floor was swept, and the chairs were all set.  There were two or three others enjoying the atmosphere but they were mostly done anyway.  Kage was the only one at the bar, just waiting for something to happen.

Whistling a jaunty tune, a bag thrown haphazardly over her shoulder, Victoria strides into the bar with not a care in the world, dumping the bag on the counter as she plops herself on a chair.

"G'morning" She says, withdrawing a few bills and flinging them somewhere on the counter. "Something with booze in it."

Her companion strides into the bar a few seconds later, in time to just catch the demand. "How barbaric of you, Victoria." Calliope says as she takes a seat next to her. "The least you could say is please"

A Snort.

"Gimme booze, please."

Kage gave a light laugh, "The usual?" He asked.  "The Usual" was simple.  Take something with a high alcohol content, and put it on the table in front of her.  

Doing just that, the retiree put his hands on the table, leaning against it as he peered at the foreign object placed on his nice clean table.  "What's in the bag?" was his simple inquiry.

Vicky thanks him by opening her mouth and downing the glass without a single ounce of self awareness, gulping and swallowing as fast as she can.

Calliope nearly turns green at the disgusting behavior, turning instead to Kage. "Flea bath solution, an anti-tic collar." She purses her lips and turns her head skyward. "And... a few ounces of peanut butter"

"The daughter does" Victoria manages out, choking down the last bits of drank. "Just another day with the little one."

Victoria shrugs. "She likes peanut butter. Good for sandwichs and for peanut butter and raisin celery sticks. Its good for you."

"Alright then" Kage said, shrugging.  "Is Chayrlin around?  The grill portion of the bar and grill hasn't been open for some time, and I can't cook my way out of a paper bag."

"Right here."

The unannounced entrance of the third member of the band causes Calliope to nearly jump out of her seat and fly into the rafters, Victoria nearly spitting up the drink she had so casually imprisoned in her gullet.

Chayrlin giggles at the pained and furious expression of her two compatriots, padding over towards the back as she degenerates into full belly laughs.

The unseen hunter moved with impunity through the complex depths, but paused across the way from Kage's bar. If spotted, the most one would see was a distorted figure, barely noticeable. He zoomed in on Victoria, arming his Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid cannon. The three-dot laser sight system locked onto her, the little red dots moving up toward her head. The sights locked onto her head, but the hunter paused. The lasers moved downward, and the hunter cycled through different vision modes. He hesitated. From what he could tell, none of those currently present were armed. The laser sight disengaged, the hunter's eyes flashed yellow briefly, and he was gone again.

Irritated by the red lights, Victoria smacks at her skin where she thinks a hungry insect may be plying for her blood. "Mary, and Joseph, why do i fall for that every time she does it?"

Calliope shudders again as she places an order for something fruity. "I'd hate to think how she got so good at doing that,"

Kage placed a fruity cocktail drink in front of Calliope, making short note of the red lights.  He knew nobody was in extreme danger, however.  Security was decent around here.  Anyone who enters wouldn't be let in with any weapons, therefore anything inside would be concealable.  Smaller weapons have a tendancy to miss at long distances, and considering there was a wall behind him, and he saw the lights on Victoria, the window to the left of him was the only place an assailant could come from.  Security would definitely notice anything that's not just a laser pointer.  

With that all being thought through, Kage went back to cleaning his glass.

"Thanks love." Calliope takes a measured and delicate drink, wary of their stealthy friend's proclivity towards surprise. "So how have things been around here? Drummer and i were away for a while."

Speaking of Drummer, he himself currently was striding carefree through the complex, having just gotten out of a movie. In one hand he has a big gulp, almost the size of his torso. He balances it carefully while his other hand is preoccupied in doing nothing at all.

"Well thanks Arashikage, its nice that you ask that once in a while, leave it to you to actually care about MY questions" Calliope says, having been shut down almost immediatly.

Victoria shrugs. "Gracia started school, i have some freetime again."

"I asked if anything was different with you." She says. " But apparently Vicky Basalt is much more interesting than I." She humphs and sticks her nose up.

He exhaled audibly. Well at least he tried. "I haven't noticed much. I had to get the place fumigated a few months back. It's all good now" he said to both of them

"Interesting" Victoria says. Or rather mumbles as she places another drink order and becomes enthralled by the television.

"Fumigated?" Calliope looks around. "For what?"

Putting another drink for his highest paying customer, he laughed. "Silverfish. Would you believe it? All the way out here"

"Pests dont measure distance" Victoria says. "I know for a fact we kill Rats and roaches by the dozen Daily."

"I had a pet rat in the war in Sol a few years ago before I retired. He wasn't that healthy but he ate the bus out of my foxhole" Kage said, getting a distant look in his eyes

"I'm sorry, love, but the Bus?" Calliope raises an eyebrow. "I didn't know you were assaulted by public transportation."

• Like 1