Starzone: Liberation

Guest Para Astaroth

"Your with Krystal that's all you need to know Dash." Serenea replied "And that's your fault I scare you."

"Maybe it's because you need to get a new face, THAT'S what scares people!" said Dash jokingly.

Dash looked out of a viewport and saw all of the ships beginning to move. It had begun. Dash pulled out a picture of his sister Sheila. He stared at it for a long time as his earlier thoughts came back to him.

"I will come back to you, don't you worry." he thought.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Star Fox Runner

• Braux

• Matrilwood

"Maybe it's because you need to get a new face, THAT'S what scares people!" said Dash jokingly.

Dash looked out of a viewport and saw all of the ships beginning to move. It had begun. Dash pulled out a picture of his sister Sheila. He stared at it for a long time as his earlier thoughts came back to him.

"I will come back to you, don't you worry." he thought.

"Either way dash  she will be well taken care of."Ruby assured Dash. "And your not funny." The black she-wolf added  wrapping a arm around Dash.

Guest Para Astaroth

As the ships exited Vectra's atmosphere, they set their courses for their long four day trip to Hellfure, since it was five planets away from Vectra.  The ships were in a staggard formation:  Vectrans in the front and the Cornerians tailing them by just a few meters.  As the ships were set into auto pilot, the crew started settling in, unpacking their gear, and started doing maintainance on their drop ships and other technical things needing tended to.  The Cornerians remained in their main deck while keeping a constant check on their surroundings for any anomolies lurking near the fleet. 

Soon after, the Crying Stallion slowed it's pace with the other fellow flagships and shot a small jet of steam out for the brakes.  The ships were still moving at a variable pace, but a just a little slower since they wanted to conserve as much fuel as possible; this was one mission the Vectrans did NOT want to waste valuable resourses on. 

While inside his quarters, Para sat at his desk at the far corner of the room and opened his communicator; viewing different windows as he moved them around into separate spots.  He pressed on window and it started sending out a signal that soon showed the words, "Now establishing..." on it.  The window then showed a dark square and soon the square changed into a variety of colors, showing a wolf in his seat, facing away from the window. 

"Colonel Tepler,"  Para began silently, "We've exited the Vectran's atmosphere and are enroute to Hellfure as we speak."

"I already know, Para."  The Colonel assured Para, spinning his seat around and facing the window.  "I'm counting on you and Marcus to lead our troops with honor and distinction."

"We are, sir."  Para responded calmly, then turned towards Marcus' sleeping chamber.  "But there's a dark cloud hanging over Marcus, it seems.  He's been acting quite conspicuous and has not been himself after your speech you gave."  He then glanced over at the window, "I, personally, am worried for him..."

"I see...  But this plan will work; trust me on this one.  You and I both know that Marcus has been through a lot and seen his fair share of wars, not pointing you out though; you have had your share as well.  But I've been in this war for longer than you two have been.  So, just do what you can by following my instructions and everything will be alright.  Understood?"

"Y-yes, sir..."  Para hesitantly replied and nodded, "Para out..."  The window faded back to it's original screen and the message that was originally up now showed, "Connection ended."  Para sighed to himself as he pressed a holographic button on his arm communicator, minimizing all the windows down to it and turning it off.  Feeling a bit uneasy, he removed his headpiece, setting it on the table, and placed his elbows onto the table, rubbing his face; groaning as he did so.  "-sigh-...  This is going to be one hecktik battle, as I can concure..."

a transmision passed through to Marcus it was from  Lupe and Krystal. "MArcus?" Krystal asked looking  at the  Vulpine as she waited for a responce.

Lupe was standing  idly.

Guest Para Astaroth

Marcus' ear perked up at his name, hearing a familiar voice.  He slowly opened his eyes and peered down at his eyepatch and turned it on; viewing the two vixens.  Marcus' eyes widened, "Uhh...  Hi, girls.  Uhhm...  Didn't...  Expect you to be here."  He stammered out.  He reached behind himself and flicked a switch, turning on the lights in his small chamber.  He got up onto his elbows while talking to the vixens.

Para took a deep breath and put his headpiece back on, but left the red visor part off.  He got up and left the quaters, walking down the hall and stood at the railings in the halls.  Placing both hands onto the rails, he looked out the large windows at the ships' silohouettes in the darkness of space as they seemed somewhat close that he could touch them.  He glanced over his shoulder from time to time to see troops either walking or jogging past him.

Marcus' ear perked up at his name, hearing a familiar voice.  He slowly opened his eyes and peered down at his eyepatch and turned it on; viewing the two vixens.  Marcus' eyes widened, "Uhh...  Hi, girls.  Uhhm...  Didn't...  Expect you to be here."  He stammered out.  He reached behind himself and flicked a switch, turning on the lights in his small chamber.  He got up onto his elbows while talking to the vixens.

Para took a deep breath and put his headpiece back on, but left the red visor part off.  He got up and left the quaters, walking down the hall and stood at the railings in the halls.  Placing both hands onto the rails, he looked out the large windows at the ships' silohouettes in the darkness of space as they seemed somewhat close that he could touch them.  He glanced over his shoulder from time to time to see troops either walking or jogging past him.

(lupes a wolf...)

"With your permission Admiral Ruddlokck i'd like to take the Aurora ahead of the group and scout out Hellfurion?" KRystal asked.

Guest Para Astaroth

Marcus scratched the side of his head, "Err, be my guest...  But...  Be careful."  He then looked to the side then back to the Krystal and Lupe.  "I hear these guys, the Hellfurions, I mean, have some kind of electronic AA technology that will shoot you out of the sky instantly if they spot you.  It's more like a lighting rail gun."  Marcus warned them.  "Just...  Come back in one piece, will you?  That's all I'm asking..."

"I'll make sure to cloak before I launch the recon droids."KRsytal replied cya on the other side." KRystal said as the Aurur entered subspace coming out on the otherside of the portal  far enough From Hellfurion to avoid teh cannon the ship cloaked rendering it invisbel to most radar and Vision even allied. "luahcin recon droids." Serena annoiced as a small craft launched from the aurora heading for  hellfurion it  tried to lauch small drop pods in large numbers before it got hit by the cannon.

Guest Julius Quasar

Todd was contacted by General Pepper.

"Todd....report tot the CDF headquarters at once!  We need you now!" the General wheezed in his jowly, Richard Nixon voice. 

"On my way, sir." said Todd.

Fifteen minutes later, Todd was at the CDF HQ.

"Todd, come in, boy..." said General Pepper.  in his office was General Pepper, General Peppy Hare, Colonel Bill Grey, Colonel (Now General) Gregor Hakha, and Captain (Now Colonel) Jan Templar. 

"What's all this about?" asked Todd.

"Todd...in light of your excellent work in undercover, stealth, and espionage experience, especially in rescuing General Pepper, he, and I, have named you personally to help the CDF and the ISA in acting as a spy against the Helghast." said Peppy with pride.

"We want you, to be a double agent!  You will go to the Helgast, to pretend to work for them as a 'spy', when in reality, you will be our spy, and obtain information..." said Bill Grey.

"The correct term, is 'In Field Agent'..." said Gregor Hakha.

"Right, my mistake.." said Bill.

"We need to gain every advantage we can over the Helghast.  It's a long shot, but it's not altogether impossible." said Colonel Templar.

"The risk is great, but so is the pay, the honor, the glory.  Will you help us out" said General Pepper.

All the men in the room looked eagerly to Todd.

Todd looked around the room.  He then sighed, and said "All right, I'm in."

"Excellent!  Report to Corneria Intelligence Agency in 24 hours!  There you will be trained in everything Helghast, Vektran, Earthling, and Cornerian, military tactics, cultures, land and environmental, all that you will need to be successful in your endeavors!  Good luck, Todd!" said General Pepper.

Todd shook the hands Generals Hare and Pepper, along with Colonel Bill Grey, General Hakha, and Colonel Templar...

He then headed home for now.

Guest Para Astaroth

On Hellfure, the soldiers were walking around on patrol in large guard buildings, looking down at the prisoners digging up ancient's old war-torn weapons and other items from past Hellfure ancestores.  The diggers were constantly thrusting their jackhammers into the ground as the patrols constantly screamed at the one stopping to wipe their foreheads of sweat.  One digger was budded with a Hellfure's gun for disobeying his orders and was constantly kicked by fellow guards.  Others behind him stared for a few moments and continued on while the ones in front cringed at his screams and chants for help.  In the end, he was dragged off to the far side of a building, held up by his arms by two Hellfure guards, while on his knees, and head slung over in a daze from the beating.

"Let him go."  The guard in front with his rifle held to his side, motioning his head to the side.  The guards holding the digger up threw his arms down and he collapsed onto his elbows, gasping for air and blood dripping from his lips and face of cuts from the guards.  "On your feet...NOW!"

The digger didn't reply.

"I said, 'On your feet...NNNOWWWW!!!"  The guard ordered again louder.  This caused a few diggers to glance over at the guards.  The digger rose his head up to the guard and souringly spat at his helmet.  His spit splatting onto the guard's right eye visor and he wiped it slowly off as the other guards struck him constantly with volly of kicks and rifle budds.  He motioned for them to hold him up.  They did so, letting him slouch back, staring up at the guard as he pressed the barrel to the digger's forehead and a round rang out; shooting blood splattering onto the wall behind the worker and leaving a two inch deep hole in his head.  His lifeless, ragdolled body recoiled back and slammed to the ground.  The guards looked over at the diggers and the diggers glancing over continued back on their duties.

"Take this garbage out of here,"  The luitenent of the guards commanded in his extreme british accent.  "If there are to be more of these wretched slouches, then do by any means necessary to straighten them out."  He then patted the guard whom shot the digger on the shoulder pad.  "You set a fairly good example to them.  Keep up the fine work, soldier."

"Yes, sir!"  He saluted and reported back to his post as the luitenent walked around with his arms crossed behind his back.

the spy drone that had whacth the horror before it as the miners dug away had no emotions as it sent pictures back to te Aurora it's cloak however failed after it sent the last of it's pictures  it moved towards te gards it's clam like arms opened to clamp down on one of them.

Guest Para Astaroth

A scout, conceiled in a building northwest of the drone, spotted it and slowly brung his rifle out and rested it on the open window.  His camoflauge activated, breathing a few breaths as he kept a close watch on the drone.  As soon as he saw it stop moving for a few moments, he took a silent, deep breath and his hearing dimmed as the crosshairs down his scope stopped moving about and he had a clear shot at the drone.  Soon, a loud, thunderous gunshot was heard, causing all the guards in the vicenity of the drone to looke up at the drone; drawing their weapons and shouting at each other.

"SPY DRONE!!!  SHOOT IT DOWN!!!"  The luitenent ordered, pointing up at the drone and all of the Hellfurion's in the area opened fire onto the drone.  The constant gunfire echoed throughout the city as shots were ringing by the drone and several landing on it.

A scout, conceiled in a building northwest of the drone, spotted it and slowly brung his rifle out and rested it on the open window.  His camoflauge activated, breathing a few breaths as he kept a close watch on the drone.  As soon as he saw it stop moving for a few moments, he took a silent, deep breath and his hearing dimmed as the crosshairs down his scope stopped moving about and he had a clear shot at the drone.  Soon, a loud, thunderous gunshot was heard, causing all the guards in the vicenity of the drone to looke up at the drone; drawing their weapons and shouting at each other.

"SPY DRONE!!!  SHOOT IT DOWN!!!"  The luitenent ordered, pointing up at the drone and all of the Hellfurion's in the area opened fire onto the drone.  The constant gunfire echoed throughout the city as shots were ringing by the drone and several landing on it.

It was already too late by the time the  Leuteintn had shouted the Drone was not a attack drone and thus it's armor was very thing and fragile the snipers shot had shut it down with a whine from it's internal motors By the time the hellfurions had begun shoting at it's motionless remains it had already fallen to the ground picking up dust once it's metal body contacted the ground with a metallic thud.

Guest Para Astaroth

The luitenent held a fist to the air and screamed to his soldiers to sease fire.  He motioned to five of the soldiers to go and investigate the downed drone.  The unquestioningly obeyed; gripping their rifles as they slowly approached the drone with caution.  The dust around the drone was still amass since the surface of Hellfure was more like a harsher desert but in the form of a massive city; atmosphere fitted for all bipedal beings.

The scout to the distance pulled back the chamber of his rifle, throwing a bullet out and slowly setting the chamber back to the rifle's side.  The barrel's smoke swayed to the constant breeze of the city as he kept his scope sights on the downed drone.  "OSCAR squad sniper 0249:  Tango has been shot."  He called out to the luitenent.

The luitenent placed a hand to the side of his mask and looked over at the building several clicks away from his position.  "Affirmative, 0249.  Keep a close tab on other drones sweeping the area.  We are proceeding to investigate."  Off in the direction the sniper was positioned, a small flash was seen by the sniper's scope, directed to the dimmed sun, indicating he confirmed the message.

The guards were soon upon the drone, unaware of it's condition and lightly poked it with their rifles; exchanging glances to each other as they were unsure whether to take it in for investigation or destroy it as it is.

the drone did not move but it had served it's purpose at least 19 other drones had made it to the surface and were scouting for a landing spot for the cornerian/ISa land forces. The drone the hellfurions shot was done for it was most likely a sacraficial scout to drawl the soliders away while the others scouted the area.

Guest Para Astaroth

The Hellfurions didn't notice the other drones in the sky as they took the downed drone onto a Heavy support truck and hauled it off and away in the distance.  The luitenent motioned for the soldiers to get back to work and they obeyed, as other soldiers of lower ranks should.  The diggers continued their work also, ignoring the drone being shot down, and constantly switching spots as they were digging something massive out of the ground.  It was apparant that the Hellfurions had found something and were digging it out.

"RUNNER!"  The luitenent called out aloud and a Hellfurion ran up quickly to the luitenent in extremely light armor and saluted the luitenent.  "I need you to go to HQ and report any findings you have found here.  Also, transport this message to Scholar Razari; his regards are still in motion..."

"Yes, sir!  It shall be done."  He obediently responded and zipped off around the corner with the message tucked into his runner vest.

Moments later, a message was recieved to the luitenent by Scholar Razari to amass a small frigate of battle ships to intercept the incoming Vectrans.  All the high ranked officers of Hellfure were alerted and soon, about thirty black coated flagships with the Hellfurion symbol on their sides were launched and were drifting in the atmosphere before fanning out and closing in on the Vectrans by 5, 250 miles.

Back aboard the Crying Stallion, an alarm went off on the command deck and the commanding officer of the vessel saw the fleet of Hellfurions closing in on their positions.  He stood there, shocked at the sight, and turned his head just barely away from the screen; exchanging orders to the flight soldiers beside him to alert all personal on the ship for envasive attack formations.

Out in space, the ships blared their alarms as their rotatary jets ignited, swinging the flagships back and flying in a fighter style flagship.  Every Cornerian ship was alerted as well as they fanned out among the Vectran ships and armed their cannons.  Within minutes, the missle silos on the ships reared back and fired numerous vollies of rockets that swiftly, and remotely, zipped through space towards the incoming Hellfurion ships.

Inside each ship, the vessels slightly rocked and boomed as the rockets were launched.  Marcus and Para, each looking out the windows of the vessels, watched the rockets zip off around a planet and vanish.

"This is the Aurora we are disengaging Cloak and  attackign the hellfurion frigates our scouts are still searching for a landing zone but we have some distubign reports they are digging up some massive weapon."KRystl  reported as the Aurora uncloaked surpzingly some of the hellfurion ships had passed by the Aurora already. It's four beam cannons slowly took aim of four seprate targets then Fired blue beams reaching out to four diffrent ships their hulls slowly being burnt away by the blue beam of plasma.

Dash watched as the battle began to unfold. He turned to Krystal.

"Do you want us to launch the fighters?" he asked.

Dash watched as the battle began to unfold. He turned to Krystal.

"Do you want us to launch the fighters?" he asked.

"No Dash stay here if  possibel I'd liek to save the fighters for escape pods."KRystal replied to Dash holding her palm out to him.

Guest Para Astaroth

"Affirmative, Aurora,"  Colonel Tepler announced, "Proceed with your mission."

After the four ships the Aurora shot at realized they were under fire, they slowly stopped and manuvered to their sides; the sheer size of the ships made it extremely hard to manuver and their weapons were unprofoundingly devastating.  As soon as the frigates lined up their shots with the Aurora, the rockets from all the other Vectran ships exploded into the vessels, ripping them apart and exploding in mid-space; parts and fragments flying everywhere.  The Hellfurion symbol from one of the frigates slowly pasted by the Aurora and hurtled towards the surface in a bright fireball of light.  The parts and fragments from the ships were slowly halting and then slowly hurtling back towards the surface of Hellfure.

Inside the Vectran ships, the screen showed no more Hellfurion ships and they proceeded to Hellfure.  "Flight commander Os' Amura to the Auroa:  Have you found any confirmations of a landing zone?  If negative, then we will descend upon the planet and hover in midflight while our troops are launched from hover drop vehicles towards the surface and battle the Hellfurions."  The flight commander of the Normandy 1 announced to the Aurora through the Vectran's private comm channel.

"No Dash stay here if  possibel I'd liek to save the fighters for escape pods."KRystal replied to Dash holding her palm out to him.

"Okay then," said Dash, "I'll be ready to move on your command."

"just remember dash i don't lead by fear or anything."Krystal replied turning back to her commnications. "We've found a spot about 1 click west of the  digsite it should serve as a perfect spot to ambush the hellfurion guards guarding the digsite if we choose to move east."KRystal explained her findings. "Serena is sending all  coordinates now."

Guest Julius Quasar

Todd was now being trained as a spy for ISA and Corneria.  A variety of personnel had trained him, both ISA and Corneria Intelligence Agency, active and retired.  Conrad Morgenthal, a retired CIA agent, taught him espionage and double agent tactics.  Several ISA half Helghast/Half Human soldiers/in field agents trained Todd as well.  Finally, after what seemed like forever to Todd, he was finished.

"Todd, you are to be delivered into the arms of the Helghast.  We have a double agent in position already to tell you where you need to be and who to talk to. Good luck!" said General Pepper over the comm, as Todd was being taken to a secret Helghast Base outside Vektra's capital city.  "Thanks, sir!" said Todd.

"Lola sends her best regards as well!  She says 'break a leg!'...She, Misty, and Madame Vulpine and the rest of their performers troupe are entertaining our troops!"  General Pepper informed Todd.

"Thanks, sir." said Todd.

"Now remember, the instant you touch down in that pod, our double agent will find you and bring you in.  We're counting on you, Todd.  Pepper out!".  General Pepper's and Todd's comunique` ended.

Todd's drop pod hit the ground.  As the mist cleared from the pod, after Todd opened it, a lone figure walked up to him in the morning mist of Vektra.  "Todd McCloud?" it said.  Todd shielded his eyes fro the glare of the overcast day, as he squinted through the mist.  "Yeah, it's me!" Todd replied.

Guest Para Astaroth

The flight commander of the Normandy 1 recieved the coordinates and proceeded to the position marked in the coordinates.  The rest of the fleet were converging on Hellfure as the Cornerians were amidst the flagships.  Every soldier aboard their ships were walking around and doing maintainance work while the rest were gathering their gear and hanging around the drop ships, convulsing to one another.  Walking down the stairs to the dropships, Marcus walked to the large window as the planet of Hellfure was in plain view and Para sat pressed against the wall facing the window, arms folded and eyes closed while awaiting the order to proceed to the ground.

Hours pasted and the Hellfurions in the Eastern sector were preparing their ground troops.  All of the diggers that were in the area of the drone being shot down had been evacuated and hid in a unmarked area under the Hellfurion base.  There were several bodies laying  on the ground either face down or face up with their mouths open and dried blood all over certain parts of their body with dark red holes all over their bodies as well; they were skinny workers that were considered 'weak' and executed on site.

On the Western sector, there were several AA turrets positioned to the skies as well as platoons of Hellfurions walking around and in cover for a prepared counter assault.  There were a variety of soldiers, ranging from regular assault troopers to heavily armored demolition troopers with rocket launchers grasped under their arms.  Among them were other soldiers with black colored armor with red lining on them; they were the Venoms.  The Hellfurions had sent a requestive signal to Venom for assistance and they responded without question whenever they heard the Cornerians were aiding the Vectrans.

"This is the Aurora to the Fleet, Serena speaking , All drop pods are ready to be dropped on your mark Colenel."Serena replied as the crew of the Aurora got into their drop pods.

"Dash make sure your gun is  properly latched before you shut the door."Ruby instructed Dash on the use of the Drop pod.