Lylat Defense RPG

XG Fox

3050, that's decent. Have you read my walkthrough in the Starfox Assault Mission Scores thread yet under Starfox Cubed? Try flying like that, then we'll see how you do!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XG Fox

• brotheroffalco

• EvolutionSFox

• Ranger One

Yah, i think i did, but it probably wouldn't hurt to do that again. This time, all i did was hit the "A" button the whole time, so no matter what i was shooting. That may have helped, last time i was waiting till i had a target lined up, i was playing it more like Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron 3, than anything else. I keep forgetting accuracy doesn't count in Assault, rofl.

Yeah, read through that walkthrough, try flying it. That's how it should be done. If done right, you should be getting high 3000s or possibly even higher!

Hmmm... just noticed that on the first page, it says there's still 1 slot left for the pulsar foxes, but all the *'s have a name by them now... :?:

You haven't seen me in X-wing alliance (its for PC.) I had one mission where there was a Star Destroyer' date=' 6 full squads of 12 ties each (3 of tie fighters, 2 of bombers, and one of interceptors, the interceptors look somewhat like vaders tie, as do the bombers, but the bombers have 2 cockpits, one carrys missles. A 6th squad of 12 tie advanced [vaders tie, but with slits cut in the wings at the front and back'] were also there, and they fly rings around x-wings.) I had only 4 wingmates in that mission, and the Imps were trying to blow up a Medical Frigate. I managed to kill all 64 ties, all 34 gunboats that came to back them up, the Interdictor (a mini star destroyer that prevents ships from hyperspacing) that had us traped, AND the Star Destroyer. :?: And thats one mission.

At endor (its the finnal space battle in Episode 6) i think i scored over 500 tie kills, plus 2 star destroyers, my last time though. And that was in the Falcon, and that thing makes an x-wing look FAST, and the Falcon is a huge target. And enemy Capital ships try to flee when you damage them too much in that game as well.

BTW: I've seen the screenshots of your obital gate scores, the closest i've come is about 200 over the gold limit. So yeah, you're good at that level, way better than me, lol.

*going way off topic but* I remember doing that level how fast did you complete it? I am not that good of a pilot, so on some of the family mission (hated them) I had to turn invurability on. I always had unlimited ammo on just 'cause it seemed stupid to have a limited amount of laser fire

I think it took me about half an hour for the mission with the ISD (Imperial Star Destroyer) and Interdictor in it, but thats only because i went after the Big imperial ships, all i really needed to kill (or just drive off) was the Interdictor. Took me 10 minutes for the first endor mission, only 2 for the second (the executor goes down WAY to easy :?: ), and on the 3rd one i nearly ran out of time, i had about 2 minutes left to finish when i completed my last objective. The finnal assault took me 8 tries, i kept hitting pipes along the way and got blown up. I finnaly just turned on defensive fire with the falcon to kill the ties behind me, and shot at any pipes i saw with my forward laser. I managed to win the game without invulnerability or unlimited ammo (Limited laser fire? Just up the recharge by one on your lasers, you won't even have to do it with shields then, since you can just shunt cannon power to them.), but i had to drop down to easy difficulty near the end of the game. I might be able to do it on medium now though, i've gotten a bit better at the space sim stuff. BTW: When you have limited ammo, SAVE your warheads untill you're sure you really need them (Example: Save proton torpedos for big ships or large formations of Tie-Bombers. You can kill full groups of Ties with one Torpedo if you aim it right.)

My favorite mission In Alliance was the one where you have to protect the Liberty from the prototype ties. The last time I played it, I had 1% hull left, my shields were disabled for about 2 min, and there was still an enemy control transport attacking me. I don't know what I did, but i somehow managed to blow it up and NOT GET HIT in the process. Considering my ship made Tie's look tough at that point (i couldn't take ANY damage or i was toast), I'm amazed i managed to pull that one off. It got me the Kalidor Cresent for that too, out of 3 times through the game (yes, 3, i was bored after i won the first time, lol), thats the ONLY time i've ever gotten the Kalidor Cresent, and considering what i did to get it, I'm not surprised. If you want to know where the cresent goes, it'll appear right in the middle of your medals display in the game. I'm not sure if there are any Add-ons to it or not, I know there were in the original X-wing, but they may have decided not to include that in Alliance.

Hmm... back on subject, how many more people do we need to start this RP? :evil:

seriously we already have eight pages and we haven't started yet. *It's like one of those online games where everyone is just running around in the lobby waiting for the game to start*

Sooo.... how much longer are we going to be "in the lobby" waiting to start? :shock:

Until someone play- wait... Starfox is full...

That means we have the possibility of starting, unless some one comes along soon and wants to play Wolf or someone from Starwolf...

But otherwise, we could take out Starwolf as well, and just start.

What does everyone think? Should we wait for a couple more, or should we just start?

Doesn't matter too much to me. Just as long as we get this thing started already. (We're going to hit 10 pages before we even start at this rate. :lol: )

Alright then, I think we can do this... though I'm going to double or triple post to split this stuff up a bit, then people don't have to hunt through one long post for info.

Here's the latest updates on team members and starting points.

Team Current Locations

Starfox: Corneria

Starwolf: Sargasso Space Zone

Pulsar Foxes: Orbital Gate

Cornerian Army: Corneria and/or Katina

Current Team Members:

Starfox - Ship: Ar-Wing

*Fox McCloud - (EvolutionSFox)

*Falco Lombardi - (misterfett)

*Krystal - (Krystal)

Pulsar Foxes - Ships: Participant Defined (nothing out of hand though.) "It must have a weak point, everything does!" - Krystal, Starfox Assault

*Koriani Fox - (XG Fox) - Ship: Wolfen Eagle

*Jod "Ranger" Naritus - (Ranger One) - Ship: T-65

*Eclipse Passion - (Eclipse Passion) - Ship: Inferno Vixen (custom Ar-Wing)

*Edgar Lombardi - (brotheroffalco) - Ship: Eagle's Eye (Cat's Eye custom)

*Darth Magnus - (Ramuza) - Ship: Wolfen

Cornerian Army

*Lace Vapin - (krystal power)

*Ballista Azelleb : Unit Leader - (Dr. Wilopolis) - Ship: Wasp (Ar-Wing Custom)

*Dingo Micaru - (Gamecuber 459) - Ship: standard Ar-Wing

*Kuragari Otogi - (Kurigari Krazoa) - Ship: XP-350 Shadow Class Ar-Wing

The Cornerian Army's advanced sensors have picked up massive amounts of movement on the Aparoid Homeworld. They sent scouts out to see what the Aparoids were up to, and they never came back. The second wave of scouts sent out proved better, as they returned with the horrific news: the Aparoids seem to be amassing an army for a full-scale invasion of the Lylat System! They're ready to pull out all the stops and completely overrun the system, unless someone can stop them.

MISSION UPDATE:

Incoming transmission from General Pepper:

The Aparoids are coming! They are advancing on two fronts, in Fichina they appear to be trying to destroy the climate control center, and on Fortuna, they're overrunning the base! Fortuna appears to be in the most danger, as the Aparoids have sent most of their forces to there to take on the Cornerian Army's reserve units at the base! If Fichina loses the climate control generator, the planet will become inhabitable by other species, and then the Aparoids can use it as a point from within Lylat to attack! Any and all active Lylatian forces are to immediately commence an all out attack on the Aparoids and drive them back! We cannot let Fortuna fall under ANY cirumstances, otherwise we could lose this war early on! Blast those bugs and save Lylat! GO!

End of transmission.

I guess we can start this bad boy now right? Fox is ready for some action.

* which planet is Fortuna?*

*is in his room listining to the transmission* so the bugs are back in town eh? well looks like we're heding to Fortuna

*Finishes reviewing the transmission in his quarters*

Hmm... a 2 pronged attack eh? Guess that means Pepper's going to want one team to handel Fortuna, and another to take care of Fichina, as well as mobilize military assests to defend those planets and prepare for more attacks... Wonder where Koriani and the rest of the squad will be going first? Guess I'd better check with them and find out...

*leaves his room to meet with the rest of the squad...*

"Fox McCloud here, team we have a mission. Falco and Krystal you guys there? General has given us another mission."

((OOC: Yep ESF, let's DO THIS!))

**Pulsar Foxes - Starting Location: Orbital Gate

"Koriani, are you there?"

Koriani awoke with a start. What was General Pepper doing, calling him at this hour? Koriani glanced at the clock, 3 am. He jumped out of bed and put a robe on, then walked into the main room of his quarters in the Orbital Gate. General Pepper's hologram was waiting there for him. Koriani took a seat in the chair nearest the door to the bedroom and leaned his head on his hand.

"Yeah, just barely. What do you need, General?"

"Everything. We've just received word from Cornerian Security that their first round of scouts sent to monitor the Aparoid Homeworld never came back. They sent a second round, and they came back saying the Aparoids have mobilized, and they're amassing an Army large enough to wipe out Lylat! We thought we had time to get ready, but it turned out we didn't, the Aparoids have developed warp technology, and they're here NOW!"

Koriani's expression went from tired to not tired and complete shock in an instant.

"They're advancing on two fronts, Fichina and Fortuna. We can't afford to let the Fortuna base fall, or we could lose this war real fast! On Fichina, we're plotting their landing to be about 100 miles from the climate control center. If the Aparoids take Fichina, they'll use it as a base from which to attack Lylat from within! This is a two front war now!"

Koriani thought for a second.

"Great. Leave Fichina to us, send everyone else to Fortuna. What's the estimated time of the Aparoids' arrival to Fichina?"

"About 10 hours. You are cleared for a hyperspace jump whenever you're ready."

"Thanks, General. We've got it covered."

Koriani stood up and General Pepper's hologram disappeared a second after.

<Great, just what I need on a weekend, a war.>

Koriani went back into his bedroom and threw on his flightsuit. Right when he walked back into the main room, there was a knock at the door. When Koriani answered it, it was Ranger.

"I'm guessing you got the transmission too? This should be loads of fun. Let's go wake up the others, Ranger. We're going to Fichina."

Koriani led Ranger in running down the east hall in the Orbital Gate toward their comrades' quarters.

"Okay, here's the deal. We're going to Fichina, the Aparoids are landing 100 miles from the climate control center, and we're to defend the center and they land in 10 hours. We're cleared for a hyperspace jump in the Pulsar Blade whenever we get to it. Basically, we wake everyone up, and we go, no questions asked. Our ships are being flight checked as we speak, and the Pulsar Blade is already done and ready to go. We tell them to grab a snack to munch on their way out the door, they won't get much chance for food until we get moving. Let's go!"

guess I'll just wait for Koriani to come over the intercom to tell us where we are going

*Koriani throws open the door to Edgar Lombardi's room*

"Edgar, we've got a problem! Throw on your flightsuit and meet everyone else in the Pulsar Blade! I'll fill you in on the way there!"

((OOC: By the way, the Pulsar Blade is docked in the lower east side hangars, you have to take the elevator down 3 floors to reach the hangar deck, take a right, second hangar on your right. All the fighters are IN the Pulsar Blade, we plan to jump in, use that to warp to Fichina, THEN break out the fighters, if anyone's wondering.))

And with that, Koriani was gone. He continued running with Ranger down the hall toward the last two rooms.

"Ranger, you go ahead on to the Pulsar Blade, I'll get the last two, and I'll meet you there! There's the elevator right over there! GO!"

Koriani left Ranger at the elevator and continued running down the hall. He visited the last rooms, those of Eclipse and Darth, woke them up and told them to get to the Pulsar Blade ASAP, in full flight gear, then turned tail and ran back to the elevator. After taking the elevator to the lower level, he turned right and met up with Ranger outside Hangar 2, where the Pulsar Blade was kept.

"Alright, let's start the computer on preflight system checks for the Blade, then we fire it up and take off as soon as heavenly possible. We have to get to Fichina before the Aparoids land, or else we run the risk of losing. We should be there waiting for them. Let's go get the preflight checks going."

Koriani led Ranger to the lift that took them to the bridge of the Pulsar Blade and Koriani started the computer on preflight system checks, and watched out the window for the other three team members to come running into the hangar.

*walking out, Koriani bumps into Darth Magnus* watch where your going Koriani! what a misson!? I don't recall any danger, well whos to say, lead the way! *follows Koriani*