Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

Star Fox.

STAR Fox.

They are a team of ace mercenary PILOTS, not commandos.

If I wanted commandos, I'd hire the A-Team.

I know! we can get Jack O'neil to do the on foot missions!  :lol:

Star Fox.

STAR Fox.

They are a team of ace mercenary PILOTS, not commandos.

If I wanted commandos, I'd hire the A-Team.

I agree with Crazy, Robert. And as we have seen, they WERE a team of ace pilots, and now ARE commandos too. :P

I agree with Crazy, Robert. And as we have seen, they WERE a team of ace pilots, and now ARE commandos too. :P

And we've certainly seen the turn of quality the games have taken since then, too. :|

And we've certainly seen the turn of quality the games have taken since then, too. :|

The quality wasn't because of the foot missions. It was because, IMO, they were lazy. Adventures was all on ground and had great graphics and music for it's time.

The quality wasn't because of the foot missions. It was because, IMO, they were lazy. Adventures was all on ground and had great graphics and music for it's time.

And a terrilble story, rushed game design, and basically was the ugly bastard child of a Zelda clone.

And Assault had -terribly- clunky foot controls and some of the most unresponsive 3rd person action I've played in a high tier franchise game.

And a terrilble story, rushed game design, and basically was the ugly bastard child of a Zelda clone.

And Assault had -terribly- clunky foot controls and some of the most unresponsive 3rd person action I've played in a high tier franchise game.

Though, of course, some people can have Adventures as their favorite Star Fox game despite all of that.

Well, now we are discussing a different topic. :P The point is, they were great mercenary's. Just because the quality of the games went down, doesn't mean they don't have the skills, or shouldn't show that they have skills on foot.

And I agree with Ris.

Assault's default on-foot control scheme was horrible, but the dual-stick setting made it MUCH better :P

Assault's default on-foot control scheme was horrible, but the dual-stick setting made it MUCH better :P

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY. Btw, check out this guys review on Starfox assault:

I mean really, does he honestly think you can't change the controls unless you make a new user in the game? Come ON just go to options, and go to user settings. Then you can change the control scheme. It's that simple. :x and he went on about "Oh, this game is so dumb!" when he didn't no a thing about it! And that gives everybody the wrong idea! Talk about insulting to Starfox!

Though, of course, some people can have Adventures as their favorite Star Fox game despite all of that.

yes and i don't blame them/ me

I used dual-stick.

It was still god-awful.

I used dual-stick.

It was still god-awful.

Whatever floats your boat :P

Now I will admit dual stick wasn't AS bad as the default controls. I could at least MOVE AND AIM at the same time, albeit with terrible clunkiness.

Now I will admit dual stick wasn't AS bad as the default controls. I could at least MOVE AND AIM at the same time, albeit with terrible clunkiness.

Yeah, Namco could've executed it so much better.

I kind of like both :). it was great to run around and explore/shoot things, but it would have been nice if the aiming system for ground was a little better. like i had to remain stationary to shoot or just to change targets, but other wise it was OK.

Aerial was great too because, who can't resist flying circles around your enemy  :D? But was it just me or were the Ar-wing ridiculously large?! they made all the other fighter craft look like a bunch of toys (the AR-Wing in Adventures was my favorite, beside the fact that it resembled the nose of the X-wing from StarWars.)!

Otherwise i like it...its okay :).

:oops: i liked the deafult setting

You never played Gold Mode did you?

You never played Gold Mode did you?

Oh my gosh, that was so hard (At least for me) to do with default settings. :O

i only play gold mode

Yeah, I'm going to have to not beleive you on account of Gold Mode being the biggest cheating bastard possible. Fox does with two hits from most attacks, and you play using the single stick configuration, which keeps you from aiming and moving at the same time? Yeah, calling bullshit.

Yeah, I'm going to have to not beleive you on account of Gold Mode being the biggest cheating bastard possible. Fox does with two hits from most attacks, and you play using the single stick configuration, which keeps you from aiming and moving at the same time? Yeah, calling bullshit.

Agreed, you simply won't go anywhere without being able to move and aim simultaneously.

I'm gonna say it could have been worded A LOT nicer.

But I do agree with the point.

Agreed, you simply won't go anywhere without being able to move and aim simultaneously.

Crazy put it quite nicely in my opinion. Using Default, you would have to play and master it just to do it. All I know is I can't do gold mode on default. : /