Screenshots from Mission 7 of Assault

Wolf O'Donnell

I want to see some screenshots of that Aparoid-infected flagship that General Pepper rode in on. I swear to god I saw a face in that thing while I was blasting it with a laser ages ago.

Thanks for reminding me of one of my pet-peeves with that game, by the way. Outside of some of the cutscenes, the mouths on the in-game models never, ever moved, even when they were speaking. So very annoying. > ~ <

• Like 2

On 4/5/2014 at 10:48 PM, The Shaper said:

I want to see some screenshots of that Aparoid-infected flagship that General Pepper rode in on. I swear to god I saw a face in that thing while I was blasting it with a laser ages ago.

Thanks for reminding me of one of my pet-peeves with that game, by the way. Outside of some of the cutscenes, the mouths on the in-game models never, ever moved, even when they were speaking. So very annoying. > ~ <

I'd be more than happy to post some screenshots of the flagship. I always thought it looked weird compared to the other ships in the game.

I'll get you the screenshots later today and post them here.

• Like 1

The designs on Wolf and his ship in that game are some of the best visual qualities in the series. I really hope the next game embraces this style.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2014 at 10:48 PM, The Shaper said:

The Shaper, you have my sincerest apologies. I did not mean to put it off for so long, I assure you.

I was unable to find a literal face (though I found something that can be interpreted as one. It is located directly under the green orb). What do you think of the second and third images?

If these images are not what you were hoping for, where would you look for the face?

hVY1YaL.png

UEf1Atw.png

9meNAL8.png

LmkNFSi.png

p2Q5tCt.png

On 4/9/2014 at 2:06 AM, VictorTurdleman007 said:

The designs on Wolf and his ship in that game are some of the best visual qualities in the series. I really hope the next game embraces this style.

His design in Assault is my favorite and I hope the next Smash Bros. game offers it as an optional design (speaking of which, I really hope Wolf makes it in the game).

Sigh, remember those good ole days, fellas?

This was a pretty fun mission, despite the troll of the exploding Arwing.

• 1 month later...

Well, I've taken larger images.

Please let me know if you have any requests. I can do other missions as well.

Ehhhh Wolf's design was passable in Assault, far from the worst. The Wolfen was dongers though, it looked way too chunky.

Either way - Screenshots of any boss enemies would be cool. Perhaps closeups of the factory in Meteo/Level 5, theres a lot of moving parts in the background that interested me.

Wolf should have worn his 64 jacket in Assault and Command.

Better yet, all of the Star Fox members and Star Wolf members should have worn their jackets or coats in Assault and Command.

No art renders of Wolf were published for Star Fox 64, and you can't really see what he is wearing in his comm image other than it being brown.

What Wolf has worn since SF64 is actually more in line with his original design (safe for the eyepatch) from Star Fox 2.

Desperado dusters are cooler than space biker gimpsuits >:C

A few of the comics in the Keibunsha strategy guide had Wolf in them. And he was dressed like Fox.

Link?

Ehhhh Wolf's design was passable in Assault, far from the worst. The Wolfen was dongers though, it looked way too chunky.

Either way - Screenshots of any boss enemies would be cool. Perhaps closeups of the factory in Meteo/Level 5, theres a lot of moving parts in the background that interested me.

Will do. I'll have them for you before next week.

No art renders of Wolf were published for Star Fox 64, and you can't really see what he is wearing in his comm image other than it being brown.

What Wolf has worn since SF64 is actually more in line with his original design (safe for the eyepatch) from Star Fox 2.

Isn't Wolf's SF64 design seen in Melee?

TslBt5b.jpg

Desperado dusters are cooler than space biker gimpsuits >:C

That's horrible.

... Could someone with Dolphin like

Play the SSBM opening in slowmo hi-def for a good sceen of Wolf there?

• Like 1

I hope this is what you were looking for! If not, please leave feedback. I'd be more than happy to redo the mission for you.

jf2gNvEXb3ZXd.png

On the far right of the base. Reminds me of Venom in SF64.

jcfkwoY2Ao1MY.png

These are suspended in the air above the base. There is no text on them like I thought there might be.

jbqJGgcogZ34ks.png

Purdy closeup of a laser.

jI9NyPc562QPw.png

You know the dead end where Krystal tells Fox that there's no where to go, and he says "This way!"? This is what is inside the closed door.

jwrCjYAEGfYbu.png

Pigma has no mass between the machine. In other words, there really isn't a ginormous pig... I should note that while playing this mission a while back, I used to shoot Pigma in the mouth as a homage to the Ad Council's Feed the Pig campaign.

jbbGxbT6i3fbg0.png

Anyone who has ever wanted to see what Pigma's backside looked like, here is your dream come true.

jbf8sPl1WEmCdZ.png

This is where some of the enemies spawn. Despite it's appearance, It's actually an enclosed area; the monsters spawn from nothing. The graphical glitch is due to me using the Free Look feature.

... Could someone with Dolphin like

Play the SSBM opening in slowmo hi-def for a good sceen of Wolf there?

I don't have the Melee ISO at the moment. Is this resolution sufficient?

MeleeWolf.png

• Like 1

+1

What about the factory interior? All those assembly line claws and stuff?

+1

What about the factory interior? All those assembly line claws and stuff?

Hm, I'll have to go back and look. I had the game state saved right before entering the base, so it shouldn't take too long to get some screenshots uploaded.

True, but the fact he exists is something. Don't suppose he has an actual render from SSBM that can be ripped though, does he?