Starfox Assault MEGA RANT. Rob lays down the law at long last.

Robert Monroe

I said that because apparently we're being mean to you and this is eating up the rest of your time apparently. Furthermore, we apparently all hate you. You leaving will be mutually-beneficial.

Almost none of you have seen ANYTHING of me, you don't really know me at all. give me time for god sake. I still want to contribute, eventually if I even get the chance, but I'm not going to have a chance if you don't give me a chance.

I may have used the word retard but the other two, I've never used.

Again, a VERY good reason to stop.

That wasn't at you that was at Rob. you weren't even part of that, but I guess you are now. (..-_-"

To be fair, it was hard to tell that you weren't speaking to me since you didn't take the time to quote Rob. Also, I'm aware that Vy and maybe Xort are bronies here as well as I (not 100% sure about the others these days) and since it didn't look like you were replying to THEM, I figured you were still addressing me.

To be fair, it was hard to tell that you weren't speaking to me since you didn't take the time to quote Rob. Also, I'm aware that Vy and maybe Xort are bronies here as well as I (not 100% sure about the others these days) and since it didn't look like you were replying to THEM, I figured you were still addressing me.

HORY SHEET, you are....almost being nice to me. see? I can be nice if you will. I am TRYING to make friends, TRYING to get people to see I'm not just a troll who get's a sadistic laugh out of pissing people off. I guess I should be a bit more clear, but the layout here is different than it was over a year ago, I swear to god it is. either that or my lack of sleep has actually gotten to me.

I have no fucking clue what that anime is.... do what you will.

and even so Prime was....good at best.

Now that's going too far  :hehe:

Good at best, PSHHH, If any game is "Good at best" It's Starfox assault (And I actually like assault, so that's saying something if it's coming from me)

but in highschool I've taken HONORS and CITS composition. I just don't care enough to use any of that here, because it would be a waste of my valuable and heavily limited time.

How is honors (In what exactly?) and music theory gonna help you in a discussion with starfox assault?

Also, a waste of your valuable time... My favorite part about that line is earlier you were bragging that "I won a debate on youtube!!!  :cool: " If you had time for a youtube debate, then you got time to use your masterful honors level skills on this forum.

(And I REALLY hate to be that guy but... If you are in honors, then learning how to use the quote feature should be NO PROBLEM. It took me 30 or so seconds to find out how to get your quote in quotes in quotes cleaned up just for ONE line DX And that was with me messing up and having to start over, so someone who apparently did better at school than I did in honors should be able to decode such a basic system no problem.)

All you have to do is quote someone, click UNDER the quote box, and type. But you type your reply IN the quote box of the person you're addressing (Which makes it a bit of a hastle to determine when you start typing and when the quote of the other person finishes.

In fact, you don't even have to click out of the quote box because the type courser is already below the quote box, meaning that you are purposely clicking inside the quote boxes for your replies.

I've already won the argument on youtube, therefore it is meaningless for me to even try with you

If you already won the argument on youtube... Then why is this "won" argument still happening? because it doesn't look like you won if it's still going on and even if you did win, that is still no excuse not to continue with someone else that wasn't apart of that. You don't see a teacher saying "I already told last year students the material, so it's meaningless for me to teach you the material."

• Like 2

Now that's going too far  :hehe:

Good at best, PSHHH, If any game is "Good at best" It's Starfox assault (And I actually like assault, so that's saying something if it's coming from me)

but in highschool I've taken HONORS and CITS composition. I just don't care enough to use any of that here, because it would be a waste of my valuable and heavily limited time.

How is honors (In what exactly?) and music theory gonna help you in a discussion with starfox assault?

Also, a waste of your valuable time... My favorite part about that line is earlier you were bragging that "I won a debate on youtube!!!  :cool: " If you had time for a youtube debate, then you got time to use your masterful honors level skills on this forum.

(And I REALLY hate to be that guy but... If you are in honors, then learning how to use the quote feature should be NO PROBLEM. It took me 30 or so seconds to find out how to get your quote in quotes in quotes cleaned up just for ONE line DX And that was with me messing up and having to start over, so someone who apparently did better at school than I did in honors should be able to decode such a basic system no problem.)

All you have to do is quote someone, click UNDER the quote box, and type. But you type your reply IN the quote box of the person you're addressing (Which makes it a bit of a hastle to determine when you start typing and when the quote of the other person finishes.

In fact, you don't even have to click out of the quote box because the type courser is already below the quote box, meaning that you are purposely clicking inside the quote boxes for your replies.

I've already won the argument on youtube, therefore it is meaningless for me to even try with you

If you already won the argument on youtube... Then why is this "won" argument still happening? because it doesn't look like you won if it's still going on and even if you did win, that is still no excuse not to continue with someone else that wasn't apart of that. You don't see a teacher saying "I already told last year students the material, so it's meaningless for me to teach you the material."

Ughhh.......too lazy to bother. that should literally answer everything you just said, I'm not going to take the time to go that indepth for a stupid ass video game discussion, am I getting anything of lasting value out of it? no? than what's the point of wasting time and energy?

furthermore, HONORS COMPOSITION. READ. and I said that I cared more about theoretical physics than I cared about video game crap. you should see me discuss physics. I guess when it comes down to video game discussion there is no right or wrong, but there is when physics is under discussion, I know which theories are correct, there's just no way to actually prove them with anything other than logic, reason, and deeper understanding

To put it simply, video game discussion just isn't important enough. btw I'm actually still in highschool I started a year late because of a birthday issue, and I'm graduating this year, but I'm already starting college crap and taking advanced classes where I have superior strength, and I am NOT doing well in school, my GPA is like 2.8, so I'm going to rely solely on specific skills in certain classes to get me through the 6-8 years of college. that and a couple grants relating to extra curriculars that have NOTHING to do with my actual college level classes. 

see what you made me did?

tumblr_mc3ov8s5ug1qk8ni7.gif

I was patient before. Now I'm out of it.

Well, I'm not, but what was once a sort of bemused if bile-fascination esque ammusement is now becoming legitimate irritation.

Once again; the dogfighting in Assault is BY FAR the best, you can actually FLY, LIKE YOUR SHIP FLIES, in SF64 the all-range felt like I was flying a B1 Biplane because I can hardly go up.

"Once again", fucking back up your claims. You said you haven't played Assault in years; I literally just played the Orbital gate level 2 days ago. The Arwing hardly banks up and down there; if anything, at best, the dogfighting is EXACTLY the same as SF64's, and that is being GENEROUS.

seriously I sense A LOT of nostalgic influence here, I can smell it with my big nose a mile a way.

The only times I'm comparing Assault to SF64 is when it is doing something exactly like or worse than SF64. Otherwise I'm evaluating the game on its own merits: those merits being a poorly put together story mode made with multiplayer assets.

But, I've already won the argument on youtube

First of all: no you didn't, I just ignored your dumbass because I figured you for a troll; second of all, if you're so convinced with your own victory, why the fuck are you here still dragging it out?

you're still trying to force your...opinion, down my throat

I could very well say the same of you, except I'm actually providing evidence to support my complaints where as you're just flailing your arms like a spastic little gremlin going "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG". Which, you should know, is more "forcing" of an opinion than anything I'm doing. I'm just listing observations and facts about Assault while playing the game: the people are free to make their own conclusions about it.

perhaps some of the things I said were a joke

You're bad at telling jokes.

perhaps I don't type well on here ON PURPOSE

And perhaps you're an idiot who hurts his own case if that's true.

Good for you. I don't care. And I'm sorry you think forming coherent fucking sentences is too beneath your almighty high school academic prowess. Must be real important, the vast amounts of seconds you save by typing like a tiny child.

Prime was....good at best.

4e5.jpg

did I make fun of you AT ALL for being a Brony?

I'd imagine this is because I'm not a brony :V

maybe I like pointing out some of the things you've tried to hide

Like what? Examples?

your fortunate to hold the small-town advantage

You'd be surprised how many people here don't like or at least don't agree with me. Some of them are good friends. This isn't "small town advantage", the reason people agree with my points is because I -illustrate- them. Certainly someone with as fancy a high school learning as yourself can wrap your head around that idea.

I'm sorry a fucking GameCube game scarred you for life.

It didn't? It dissapointed me on my birthday. I literally said exactly that. See, what you're doing is redirecting the argument - you can't or won't contest my evidences with your own, so you try to make me look like the petty little man by saying stuff like "ha ha he's mad at a video game". Well jokes on you, it doesn't work when the pettiness has been jokingly self-admitted by myself. See the thing you don't seem to get is I'm not -actually- mad. My angry writing style in the review is done with some degree of dry wit and humor. Some of it pissed me off, like how the game can try so hard to have a narrative and yet completely fail at doing so, but most of it is in humor. You seem to be the only one not getting the joke.

I'd be willing to make friends even with you

The hubris of your character could pass for a world wonder. Let me lay it out for you: until you get off my balls and stop trying to be my arch-enemy, I don't WANT to be your friend. Until you address and correct all the previous shit I've said about you that I dislike, I don't WANT to be your friend. And you likely don't want to be mine either, and you know what, that's fine. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. But kindly FUCK OFF with this "willing to be my friend" horse shit because you have LITERALLY given me ZERO reason to ever want to CONSIDER being your friend. All you are doing is making a vapid, empty gesture in an attempt to make yourself look like the "bigger man", offering a hand of false friendship while I call you a dumbass and look like a troglodyte. 

here are a number of things I'd gladly contribute here, related to StarFox and not, but the community is so against me that I don't see the point in even wanting to bother with it.

Then contribute. Contribute, and stop making idiot fights with everyone you see. You think people are being aggressive or unfair to you? Express it CIVILLY, don't make these huge stupid incoherent rants that only further to make you look like the aggressor. People dislike you because you contribute nothing positive to the community thus far: they know you're prone to acting like a troll, they know you can't or won't type for shit, and you're constantly badgering a veteran member of the boards. You are not doing yourself any favors. Contribute POSITIVELY to the community, and you in turn shall be accepted positively. I know this because when I came to SFO all I did was fight with people, and I have regretted it.

or you can awknowledge my point

What point would that even be? The real kicker to all this is I have no idea what it is you're trying to prove, except maybe that you think I'm being unfair/nostalgia blind about Assault... an issue you've repeatedly not done diddly jack shit to try and support.

This is my last straw. Straighten your shit up in my thread, or I'm getting a fucking mod in here to deal with you. I will not have it devolve any further into a pissant fighting match and derail itself into getting locked when my rant is not even completed.

TOTALLY UNRELATED: Aparoid Homeworld hopefully tonight! Almost done with the game, yay.

• Like 1

Ughhh.......too lazy to bother. that should literally answer everything you just said, I'm not going to take the time to go that indepth for a stupid ass video game discussion

[...]

To put it simply, video game discussion just isn't important enough.

I DO NOT CARE about him, at all.

So, million dollar question: Why are you posting here? In this thread, I mean? If you don't care about me, then bug off and leave me alone. As it seems now, it is as if your entire existence revolves around me. Revolves around me negatively to be sure, but revolves around me. Its kind of fucking creepy, to be honest.

[...]

I don't care about this silly review,

The absurd amount of times you've raved about how unfair it is says otherwise.

Rob said it best.

Hang on...

btw I'm actually still in highschool I started a year late because of a birthday issue, and I'm graduating this year, but I'm already starting college crap and taking advanced classes where I have superior strength, and I am NOT doing well in school, my GPA is like 2.8, so I'm going to rely solely on specific skills in certain classes to get me through the 6-8 years of college. that and a couple grants relating to extra curriculars that have NOTHING to do with my actual college level classes. 

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?!

What did he MAKE you do?! He didn't force you to post! You did so on your own volition! YOU'RE to blame for wasting YOUR OWN time!

EDIT

No! That school quote is important!

Here you are on this site wasting time on this thread!
However, you said you're not doing too well in school!
Why aren't you studying and getting your GPA up?!

I don't know in detail how High School work on your end but if the study=higher grades method work on your end as well as mine then get off this site and get back to studying!

tumblr_mc3ov8s5ug1qk8ni7.gif

I was patient before. Now I'm out of it.

Well, I'm not, but what was once a sort of bemused if bile-fascination esque ammusement is now becoming legitimate irritation.

Once again; the dogfighting in Assault is BY FAR the best, you can actually FLY, LIKE YOUR SHIP FLIES, in SF64 the all-range felt like I was flying a B1 Biplane because I can hardly go up.

"Once again", fucking back up your claims. You said you haven't played Assault in years; I literally just played the Orbital gate level 2 days ago. The Arwing hardly banks up and down there; if anything, at best, the dogfighting is EXACTLY the same as SF64's, and that is being GENEROUS.

seriously I sense A LOT of nostalgic influence here, I can smell it with my big nose a mile a way.

The only times I'm comparing Assault to SF64 is when it is doing something exactly like or worse than SF64. Otherwise I'm evaluating the game on its own merits: those merits being a poorly put together story mode made with multiplayer assets.

But, I've already won the argument on youtube

First of all: no you didn't, I just ignored your dumbass because I figured you for a troll; second of all, if you're so convinced with your own victory, why the fuck are you here still dragging it out?

you're still trying to force your...opinion, down my throat

I could very well say the same of you, except I'm actually providing evidence to support my complaints where as you're just flailing your arms like a spastic little gremlin going "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG". Which, you should know, is more "forcing" of an opinion than anything I'm doing. I'm just listing observations and facts about Assault while playing the game: the people are free to make their own conclusions about it.

perhaps some of the things I said were a joke

You're bad at telling jokes.

perhaps I don't type well on here ON PURPOSE

And perhaps you're an idiot who hurts his own case if that's true.

Good for you. I don't care. And I'm sorry you think forming coherent fucking sentences is too beneath your almighty high school academic prowess. Must be real important, the vast amounts of seconds you save by typing like a tiny child.

Prime was....good at best.

4e5.jpg

did I make fun of you AT ALL for being a Brony?

I'd imagine this is because I'm not a brony :V

maybe I like pointing out some of the things you've tried to hide

Like what? Examples?

your fortunate to hold the small-town advantage

You'd be surprised how many people here don't like or at least don't agree with me. Some of them are good friends. This isn't "small town advantage", the reason people agree with my points is because I -illustrate- them. Certainly someone with as fancy a high school learning as yourself can wrap your head around that idea.

I'm sorry a fucking GameCube game scarred you for life.

It didn't? It dissapointed me on my birthday. I literally said exactly that. See, what you're doing is redirecting the argument - you can't or won't contest my evidences with your own, so you try to make me look like the petty little man by saying stuff like "ha ha he's mad at a video game". Well jokes on you, it doesn't work when the pettiness has been jokingly self-admitted by myself. See the thing you don't seem to get is I'm not -actually- mad. My angry writing style in the review is done with some degree of dry wit and humor. Some of it pissed me off, like how the game can try so hard to have a narrative and yet completely fail at doing so, but most of it is in humor. You seem to be the only one not getting the joke.

I'd be willing to make friends even with you

The hubris of your character could pass for a world wonder. Let me lay it out for you: until you get off my balls and stop trying to be my arch-enemy, I don't WANT to be your friend. Until you address and correct all the previous shit I've said about you that I dislike, I don't WANT to be your friend. And you likely don't want to be mine either, and you know what, that's fine. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. But kindly FUCK OFF with this "willing to be my friend" horse shit because you have LITERALLY given me ZERO reason to ever want to CONSIDER being your friend. All you are doing is making a vapid, empty gesture in an attempt to make yourself look like the "bigger man", offering a hand of false friendship while I call you a dumbass and look like a troglodyte. 

here are a number of things I'd gladly contribute here, related to StarFox and not, but the community is so against me that I don't see the point in even wanting to bother with it.

Then contribute. Contribute, and stop making idiot fights with everyone you see. You think people are being aggressive or unfair to you? Express it CIVILLY, don't make these huge stupid incoherent rants that only further to make you look like the aggressor. People dislike you because you contribute nothing positive to the community thus far: they know you're prone to acting like a troll, they know you can't or won't type for shit, and you're constantly badgering a veteran member of the boards. You are not doing yourself any favors. Contribute POSITIVELY to the community, and you in turn shall be accepted positively. I know this because when I came to SFO all I did was fight with people, and I have regretted it.

or you can awknowledge my point

What point would that even be? The real kicker to all this is I have no idea what it is you're trying to prove, except maybe that you think I'm being unfair/nostalgia blind about Assault... an issue you've repeatedly not done diddly jack shit to try and support.

This is my last straw. Straighten your shit up in my thread, or I'm getting a fucking mod in here to deal with you. I will not have it devolve any further into a pissant fighting match and derail itself into getting locked when my rant is not even completed.

TOTALLY UNRELATED: Aparoid Homeworld hopefully tonight! Almost done with the game, yay.

ugghhh..........................................look, you were the one with the first strike, I just threw in criticisms on your review, you got mad. You decided to insult me, I remained mad like I always am. incoherent rants? what do you call what you just did now!? I'm not even sure how to respond to the entire upper half, either that or I've already done so, EARLIER in the thread, I'm not in a mood to sift through all of it to find it again. haven't played Assault in years? try two months, from time to time I do a StarFox montage and play all the games I have access to, SNES, SNES 2 emus, 64, and Assault, I literally know all those games by memory.

you can do whatever you want with your review, you just need to understand criticisms and disagreements, you tolerate others more or less, and then you seem to have a problem with me, if I am the bane of your existence, that's your own problem, don't make it anyone else's. I have an eye-twitching history with you, but I am fully willing to set that aside and bury the hatchet if you are.

"Then contribute. Contribute, and stop making idiot fights with everyone you see. You think people are being aggressive or unfair to you? Express it CIVILLY, don't make these huge stupid incoherent rants that only further to make you look like the aggressor. People dislike you because you contribute nothing positive to the community thus far: they know you're prone to acting like a troll, they know you can't or won't type for shit, and you're constantly badgering a veteran member of the boards. You are not doing yourself any favors. Contribute POSITIVELY to the community, and you in turn shall be accepted positively. I know this because when I came to SFO all I did was fight with people, and I have regretted it."

SEE? that makes perfect sense, I've made numerous positive posts, my fanfic idea for example, that was a....half decent discussion, hell you were there. Like I'm the only troll that is active almost daily on boards, I'm not saying any names because that'll just add fuel to the fire, you know it, I know it, they know it. I'm TRYING to contribute ART, look at my profile pic, can you see what the hell it is? I can't. I just don't have a lot of time right now, maybe in the summer, even then I have bigger things going on than a fansite war. I have other things not relating to StarFox, but I don't trust any of you with it yet, give me time; something I don't have. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry if I've troubled you, but many of you have troubled me, and a mutual apology would go MILES in constructing some form of legitimate trust, but that is pretty much out of my hands.

what I meant by awknowledge my point? I mean that last paragraph I quoted works, everything else definitely does not. I just want you to understand my side of the argument, without insulting me for it. At least now you are finally starting to try and see things from my point of view, sorta. I would LOVE to get along, but there is no way I can create a trust system on my own. I have a lot of mental trust issues, which is why I'm skeptical about even considering getting too tied-in with this community, and I've looked at its history.

Yeah, I taught you how to quote ^^

"Ughhh.......too lazy to bother. that should literally answer everything you just said, I'm not going to take the time to go that indepth for a stupid ass video game discussion, am I getting anything of lasting value out of it? no? than what's the point of wasting time and energy?"

Because that is METROID PRIME WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DX I don't think you quite understand how worth it that game is.

And what's the point and time of wasting energy? Well here's the fun part about that. You've argued on youtube, you've argued in entire topics here for the past (What feels like) weeks or even months. If you would have put a bit more time and energy into your average post, you would have ended up saying more, and say it better with over all less time and energy than you have already put into it.

Since you are already this invested into this subject, you may as well go all out ya know?

furthermore, HONORS COMPOSITION. READ. and I said that I cared more about theoretical physics than I cared about video game crap. you should see me discuss physics. I guess when it comes down to video game discussion there is no right or wrong, but there is when physics is under discussion, I know which theories are correct, there's just no way to actually prove them with anything other than logic, reason, and deeper understanding

I was just wondering if you were in more honors classes. Most people I know that do honors go all out. 

To put it simply, video game discussion just isn't important enough. btw I'm actually still in highschool I started a year late because of a birthday issue, and I'm graduating this year, but I'm already starting college crap and taking advanced classes where I have superior strength, and I am NOT doing well in school, my GPA is like 2.8, so I'm going to rely solely on specific skills in certain classes to get me through the 6-8 years of college. that and a couple grants relating to extra curriculars that have NOTHING to do with my actual college level classes. 

Out of curiosity... If it's not important enough, then why are you at a video game specific forum? And a starfox one non the less. A forum that you don't seem to be too fond of. 

And why aim for honors? From what I hear, a normal class student getting a 4.0 is gonna catch more eyes than an honors 3.0.

(I'm also curious about this places history you keep talking about. You can PM me that one if saying it in public doesn't seem like a fun idea to you)

Cool! :D I was getting a bit worried that you may have given up as you didn't post it up yesterday. That level is REALLY hit or miss I feel, it even drains me a bit sometimes. Then again, I suppose there is ALLOT to cover/explore/talk about in this particular level compared to the rest.

I'm gonna keep this brief because I got other things to get to. Like playing bad Gamecube games :V

First of all, you were the one who "struck first", not me. No, my reply to you was not kind, but when your first reply to my thread is this and I quote:

but I expected something like this from you, your argument has fallen into parody-level humerusness

You hate a good game for the most trivial of reasons, I think that's even funnier than when JonTron hates a game for not being as uniform as a Taiwanese high school.

You basically just come here to say I'm wrong and call me a joke. So I told you to fuck off, because I don't take people's shit.

I can tolerate criticisms and disagreements, when they are backed up. If you wish to disagree with me in my thread, then do so with something more than just "well the game review websites say Assault is good you're wrong keep fighting the flood". That is not a counter argument. That does not address my points.

You are only the bane of my existence inso far as you keep nagging me in my thread and its annoying. Notice I've left you alone or posted casually in other threads with you.

If you don't trust us, then you really can't expect to go anywhere with us as a community. Its in the word: community. We aren't anonymous losers here, we speak and interact and get to know each other. I'm not saying spill your guts about everything about you, but if you only half extend a hand in friendship and can't trust us, how can you expect us to accept that friendship in return and trust you? You have to make the first move here, noone is going to coddle and baby you. This is a dumb forum for talking about space furries, the hell is the worse that can happen? SFO today isn't the SFO of last year, or 3 years, or even 10 years ago.

I'm gonna keep this brief because I got other things to get to. Like playing bad Gamecube games :V

First of all, you were the one who "struck first", not me. No, my reply to you was not kind, but when your first reply to my thread is this and I quote:

You basically just come here to say I'm wrong and call me a joke. So I told you to fuck off, because I don't take people's shit.

I can tolerate criticisms and disagreements, when they are backed up. If you wish to disagree with me in my thread, then do so with something more than just "well the game review websites say Assault is good you're wrong keep fighting the flood". That is not a counter argument. That does not address my points.

You are only the bane of my existence inso far as you keep nagging me in my thread and its annoying. Notice I've left you alone or posted casually in other threads with you.

If you don't trust us, then you really can't expect to go anywhere with us as a community. Its in the word: community. We aren't anonymous losers here, we speak and interact and get to know each other. I'm not saying spill your guts about everything about you, but if you only half extend a hand in friendship and can't trust us, how can you expect us to accept that friendship in return and trust you? You have to make the first move here, noone is going to coddle and baby you. This is a dumb forum for talking about space furries, the hell is the worse that can happen? SFO today isn't the SFO of last year, or 3 years, or even 10 years ago.

Fuck.....I'd gladly back up my arguments, later, my eyes sting. I admit I've been a bit mean, but that's only because the last torrent forums I ADMINED were full of shits, the forum's generally supposed to be about anime AND gaming alike, a variety page, that also brings in a variety of little shits to be thwacked whenever they act up too much. I guess I'm mean, because I was supposed to be mean before, know that not only is it my personality but I also probably banned people just for talking back. they often whine about the rules the most, oddly.

Anyways that's not important anymore, I DO NOT want to go through that pain in the ass again that's for damn sure. I was also used to having the whole community on the torrent at my side so that's probably worth mentioning.

I like the way things are finally starting to go now, it has been eye opening for both of us. I'm actually chuckling right now, just for that, tomorrow I think I'll post a couple ROUGH SKETCHES, and better quality of an SF fanart I was working on earlier, but got fed up and gave up on it for now. I guess I can open up *online* enough to let people in on my inner works.

Tomorrow I'll also try and explain my arguments regarding GameCube gems. :L

Aparoid homeworld tomorrow, guys. I'm too achey and sleepy tonight to do it. Blegh.

everyone gangs up and batters me out of pure hatred, yet I tolerate everyone better than most people would, why? because I'm NOT a nice person, but I'm not a total asshole either.

If you have a problem with me, just be honest. it has no effect on me

the community is so against me that I don't see the point in even wanting to bother with it.

Enough. This is absolutely enough. You cannot expect everyone to just make friends with you when:

1. You came here after bullying Rob on another website. Yes, I saw the whole thing. You can be a lot nastier than you're letting on here.

2. You pick on people with differing opinions from you.

3. You be an ass to our members.

Friendships usually start off right away, but respect is earned here. We're a welcoming community man, but you're really straining that due to your generally mean-spirited nature. You are not a nice person, you're right, but to me it looks like you're being a complete asshole. Debating is one thing but you're clearly a Rob-and-conflict-seeking missile so I'm putting you on post approval until we decide what to do further. You will no longer be able to post without the approval of a moderator, and believe me, you have all of their attention.

SFO has a zero-tolerance for bullying and I personally enforce that as I refuse to see anyone here get shit for being themselves.

Rob, your topic is a mess. If you like, you can copy and paste all your stuff and make another, cleaner one, and I can lock this. Just let me know.

• Like 5

Aparoid homeworld tomorrow, guys. I'm too achey and sleepy tonight to do it. Blegh.

Get as much rest as you need, you have quite the chore ahead of you o.o I get what they were going for in the levels theme, but I think they went a bit overboard with this one.

I guess I'm mean, because I was supposed to be mean before, know that not only is it my personality but I also probably banned people just for talking back. they often whine about the rules the most, oddly.

No, admins AREN'T suppose to be mean DX What do you mean "Oddly"? Is it truly any question that people whine about rules that call for you to ban people for the horrendous crime of "talking back"?

Tomorrow I'll also try and explain my arguments regarding GameCube gems. :L

Can't wait :D Be sure that those are more to the point/nicer though as you're on moderator approval now. (Interestingly enough, you're the first person I've ever seen be put on moderator approval. Normally someone is fine, or ban/temp ban worthy, I've never seen that grey line inbetween the two.

But you do seem a bit more optimistic and stuff, maybe you'll be redeemed YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH that pun was terrible, off to bed now DX

Please no more discussion regarding the drama in this topic. End it here, at least to be polite to Rob.

• Like 3

So long as the thread stays the course from now on I see no reason to lock it and reboot.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway yeah Aparoid homeworld sometime today I promise I'll try and get it done durpadurr.

man, you guys have been hiding this dingus from me this whole time? i am offended

anyway i'd just like to speak up in favor of the overall style of the aparoids. i too found them kind of inconsistent and jumbled, but i liked that in them. i thought the lack of a single coherent design philosophy reflected all the detritus they would've hoovered up from around the universe. it stood out against the likes of the borg, which had one overall look into which everything they assimilated was forced (as they basically tell you they're gonna do when they give you the "we are the borg" speech), but i thought it worked well for an assimilating hivemind cobbling together everything from the universe to create the ultimate life form.

i'm not sure how much of that was intended by the designers but y'know there it is.

The problem is less the uniformity and moreso the whole "I can't even tell what the fuck most of the enemies are supposed to be" thing. Like, some of them I can kinda tell used to be a car or a tank or a spaceship, but most aparoids are just a hodgepodge of random shapes slapped together to form some.... thing. I love messy, ugly, things, if they have a recognizeable form and shape. Aparoids are just... polygons. Their aesthetic would totally fall apart in an HD game.

HEY WHO FELL ASLEEP AT HIS KEYBOARD RIGHT BEFORE FINISHING HIS RANT ON THE HOMEWORLD?

THIS GUUUUY!

Sadly I've apparently reached the PHYSICAL LIMIT for post length in my OP so I have to link it here instead of there. I'll work out a better more organized post tomorrow when im not fuckin' half awake. Until then, here you go:

APAROID HOMEWORLD: BREACHING THE DEFENSES

So, this is the penultimate level of the game... unfortunately, it isn't anything special or unique: just the same old sandbox style "kill some hatchers" junk. Before we get to the meat and potatos of the level, we have a briefing to cover. So Starfox observes this tunnel/crater/whatever in the Aparoid homeworld's surface wherein all aparoids come out of. Peppy speculates that it can be used to access the interior of the planet to find the queen, but everytime the aparoids come out, a shield goes up after them keeping invaders out. ROB detects generators for the shield and displays them on the screen, and Fox then blatantly lies. "If the past is any indication, there will be hatchers along with those generators". I'm sorry, what? This is the first time we've ever had to deal with aparoid shield generators of any kind in the game, so I dunno what the hell Fox is talking about. The real kicker is you don't even destroy any "shield generators", you destroy only hatchers, which either double as or are unexplainably linked to these "generators". The laziness by this point is truly just astounding.

So the loading screen continues Assault's trend of telling, not showing, as it mentions the Cornerian armada is waging a huge aerial battle over the aparoid world while Starfox takes to the ground. Well, Fox and for some reason Krystal do, anyway. Seriously, why is Krystal on foot here? No reason is given, nor is any mention made of it in the briefing or otherwise. Falco is the only party member who hasn't assisted Fox on foot, yet Krystal gets two chances. Hell, given Starfox is apparently taking this whole ground op on their own, why isn't everyone on foot? Or spice it up some, put Slippy in the tank... whatever. Krystal isn't even placed anywhere important, she's just dropped off on the northeast side of the map in an area you don't even have to go to on easier difficulties, where she just endlessly shoots her crappy blaster at one of the most impervious enemies in the GAME. For the second to final level this sure just feels like just another level. Again we're denied a cutscene of how Fox even landed on this weird aparoid base, the level just starts with him there in the center. With the aerial battle such a big deal, wouldn't a cutscene of a dropoff or landing been warranted?

Either way, lets get into the level itself. The aparoid base is HUGE, perhaps one of the largest levels in the game. It is symmetrical, which is a first actually. Both halves mirror each other geometrically, though things such as hazards and enemy and item layouts are not. There's a lot of up and down space as well, the level making heavy use of multiple floors per area to separate the hatchers. Annoyingly, you're only prompted to explore the entire level if you play on gold mode; on Silver only 3 of the 4 corners are used and on Bronze its only two. You have access to both the tank and the Arwing here, but the Arwing is mostly for traveling quickly around the fatass base and the tank is too large to fit into any of the areas where most of the enemies are, so its fuck all useless. At least the music is cool, being a very manic, fast paced tune that actually fits the expected mood of the situation quite well, and being one of Assault's only truly good and memorable original works.

Navigating this level is a nightmare with just a 2D map. You can't tell if a threat is upstairs or down, so you'll be backtracking a lot. Furthermore, the strange and weird abstract architecture, while cool to look at and definitely alien, makes it difficult to tell where you are or where you've been. Getting lost is common, and on higher difficulties this is a fucking pain due to needing to constantly be killing enemies for the combo meter. Occasionally when you do find a hatcher, the hatcher itself has a shield protecting it. To reiterate: a hatcher, which is also a shield generator apparently, has its own shield which has its own generators nearby. Generatorception. Also I love how this place should apparently be some kind of hive but still needs generators to respawn enemies. If you kill everything you come across the level becomes eeriely empty, fast.

As you fight through the level, Peppy occasionally updates you on the fleet battle, which is apparently going south fast if a retreat is ordered after losing only 20% of the fleet. Ok, yeah, 20% is a lot, but this is kind of an end of all life in Lylat deal: if the fleet fails there won't BE a Lylat to retreat to. Durrrr. Other gems of dialogue are mostly based around Krystal: she supposedly reacts to how low her HP drops (though she can never die) but also to if there are any enemies near her. This results in hilarious moments where Krystal can go from crying for help at being overpowered, to telling Fox she doesn't need help within seconds of each other. While no enemies are even around. It's dumb.

So after you take out all those hatchers, MORE hatchers appear! Literally just appear out of nowhere, on the bottomside of the base, which you can only access with your Arwing. Falco and Slippy also finally get chased around here, and more often than not they will be ABOVE the base, not below it, so going out of your way to locate them for a rescue is irritating. There really isn't much else to say here: you're just shooting hatchers with the Arwing and sometimes not to save wingmates. Peppy's radioed messages become more frantic and hopeless, which is hilarious as even though the skybox is extremely detailed, you don't see ANY hints of the massive space battle the Cornerian fleet is engaging in. Go figure. Once all the hatchers are gone, the mission ends. No big bad vanguard of the aparoids boss to fight for you, just the most horrible melodramatic cutscene in the game. Oooooh booooy.

The best part of this FMV is it really shows how out place and obviously forced the "base"'s position is on the aparoid world surface. It's just stupidly floating there as this tiny little symmetrical arena map over this huge technicolor deathworld. Anyway, despite the fact we JUST LITERALLY destroyed the means of which the aparoids can create their stupid shield to keep anything from flying into their giant gaping asshole of a hive access... they do just that, and form a shield to keep to keep Starfox from flying into their giant gaping asshole of a hive access.

You know, this is the WORST kind of "twist", where it renders everything you just did as a player moot and invalid, for no reason other than drama. Now, there are ways to undermine a player's efforts to create good drama yes, but they do not involve "but actually" type situations like this. This kind of bullshit takes the victory out of the hands of the players, and shows clear cut evidence that the narrative of the game was not designed around the GAMEPLAY of the game. Its frustrating, its hokey, and the worst part yet is it only happens to perpetrate the most horrible melodrama the game has to throw at us yet.

Ooooooooooooh boooooooooy. This is it. Peppy's sacrifice scene. First of all: fuck Assault for trying to throw away a beloved character like this. Really. Fuck off. Now that I got that out of the way, let's really look at this. So, the Greatfox comes barreling out of the sky, covered in aparoids and on fire. ROB warns that the ship can not survive any more damage. Peppy says FUCK THE POLICE and directs all the Greatfox's power to the forward guns and BLOWS THE SHIT out of the shield and the aparoid base floating over it. Now, as cool as all this is, here's a question: why the FUCK were we on the ground trashing hatchers to begin with, if we could've just obliterated the whole damn base? Just bring the Greatfox down, give it cover while it charges, and fucking shoot the base. Pretty sure it would've destroyed the hatchers if the whole friggen base exploded.

Second of all, HOW did the Greatfox get so damaged, so fast? Now, yes, in the level there is a chance you will hear a foreshadowing transmission of Peppy expressing gratitude to everyone for having been his friend, but that's it, and it isn't even a guaranteed listen. Furthermore, Peppy still seems capable of resupplying and rearming the Arwings digitally as evidenced on the mission complete screen. Nextly, assuming Peppy kept this secret on purpose, why the fuck didn't ROB say anything? His whole purpose is to evaluate situations, provide cover, and tell when the Greatfox is about to get fucked. Did Peppy turn him off just to preserve his melodrama? Fuck off.

So Peppy fucking battering rams the shield with the Greatfox and breaks it soooooomehow and demands the team press onward before it rises up again. Fox tells everyone to get it together and not let his sacrifice bein in vain and they move onward. The Greatfox then explodes in a blinding flash as the shield reforms around it. Here's the deal, guys. Peppy is an IMPORTANT fucking character. I mean, I know Starfox isn't the deepest puddle around and all, but Peppy is essentially Fox's surrogate father character, as well as the heart of the team. To just suddenly try and boot him off in a shallow, stupid "heroic sacrifice" that could've been avoided easily if the writers didn't all have peanuts for brains is beyong insulting. The death of a character, unless your story is heavily steeped in realism or shock value, requires special attention as to make sure that death is fitting thematically and purposefully. When a death like Peppy's occurs, one brought forth by stupidity and/or the writer just deciding someone NEEDS TO DIE TODAY for no purpose other than cheap shock value, no one is left happy. So in summation: the invasion of the base was pointless because the Greatfox could've just nuked that shit; the Greatfox took an impossibly high amount of damage between the mission summary screen and now, somehow; 3: if the Greatfox WAS in danger previously, ROB should have alerted for help. Three different ways Peppy's sacrifice could have been avoided, and all from one scene. Buh.

The aparoid homeworld.... its a doozy. Long, elaborate, but ultimately pointless and exhausting for the most part. A boring "total war" style level that at its core is really just a slightly longer Sauria with more technicolor. A strange art direction does little good if the direction is ugly, and just like Sauria hardly anything in this strange and weird cool landscape is used for anything in the actual game. Unlike Sauria, though, you can't even appreciate the level as a landscape simply because the whole place can be describd as "colorful ramps" - much how Sargasso was lacking some much needed livelihood and felt more like just a warehouse with bunch of dudes dumped into it, so too the aparoid base feel like a flashy colorful stage that does not look or feel like it serves a function beyond its meta-purpose of being a place for Fox to run around and shoot things. Topping this off with all the bullshit-in-a-can from the FMV at the end and the aparoid base is a decidedly sour experience, not a good way to build up your finale. Fortunately, the final level is better.

• Like 3

Didn't even know there was a fucking limit to posts. 

Rob, today you did a great act for Sfoscience.

• Like 4

Rob that was amazing *applause* Yes, even though the Aparoid homeworld could challenge players when they first reach the level, it honestly feels like a complete mess. I honestly wondered for the longest time why Krystal and Slippy never followed you around and just stayed in one place in whatever level you were playing. I understand that technically speaking, it makes sense to spread out and do more damage to opposing forces so you don't have your entire group of troops flanked and whatnot, but I think it would have made the game feel better in general...you know since they are a team and I would expect teamwork from them.

Of course, never mind the fact that Fox would allow Slippy who is essentially the least brave member of the team to go it alone on foot without watching his back, or allowing Krystal who is basically the team rookie to try to handle herself in a situation with multiple firearms in use. It's a bit more believable for Krystal since in Adventures we saw that she was brave and quite capable of holding her own even without a weapon, but of course we are dealing with the neutered Assault version personality of Krystal here. Also worth noting that in an earlier mission, Fox told Krystal he felt more comfortable with her in an Arwing covering him instead of going to the planet's surface. But yeah sure...let's have Krystal go to the surface of the Aparoid homeworld, I'm sure she could handle herself just fine there.... :facepalm:

And I didn't even bother mentioning how SF Assault was supposed to have Co-Op gameplay originally. That's a rant for another day, but it ties into Slippy and Krystal joining Fox for on-foot missions as if it weren't obvious enough.

Least brave? Slippy? Slippy if anything is the most foolhardy member on the team. He only ever gets into trouble because he feels he must FIGHT ALL THE THINGS.

Also unrelated, because I reached the post length limit in the OP, I've moved the rant to a new thread for reading purposes. You can now find my rant >HERE. Do not post in that thread! All discussion about the rant should stay in THIS thread RIGHT HERE.

Addendum: Coop or having the on-foot party members follow you through the level could've been awesome, though. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

That's what I get from Assault in total. It's not a bad game, to me, just a mediocre could-have-been.

• Like 2

Addendum: Coop or having the on-foot party members follow you through the level could've been awesome, though. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

I

I....

tumblr_inline_nkts0vmYue1tnxnox.gif

damn, son... damn

• Like 4