Cavemonkynick

Two weeks ago, Bailey left me for good.
My mind is all fucked up. I can't even sleep. I don't know if its' the cold, or the pills, or if I'm just loosing it but I can't get her out of my head. For all of my talk moving on and my bravado of being done, she still haunts me. After everything she's put me through, after all the lies and the pain, after all of the time I've spent alone, I still want her.
I hate myself for it.
My hands are shaking, I feel sick to my stomach, I just want to break down and cry. Even now I can still feel her skin on mine, still smell her hair, still see her eyes every time I close mine
I feel so weak.
A good friend of mine once asked me how long I was going to let this control me. My response hasn't changed.
"It's not that simple. Nothing is that simple."
I'm beginning to think I'm addicted to the pain. I spent so long doing everything I could to feel nothing, unwilling to deal with the sorrow, I forgot how to feel at all. Now it's all I feel.
It reminds me that I'm alive.
It's a painful reminder really, one that makes it hurt to breathe.
"I just can't wait anymore." That's what she said, but it wasn't what I heard.
"You just aren't worth waiting for."
The words unsaid ring in my ears. Unspoken accusations claw at my mind. My chest physically aches.
I just want to get out of my own head, to get away from the screams, to heal. I just want to rest.

• 1 month later...

First off, let me apologize for swinging in to whine then running off into the night for over a month. The long and short of things is I've been taking a lot of stuff really hard. I've mentioned this before and so won't stay on it long, but after the initial break up last year I shut down. I spent 10 months blocking out all emotion that I could. This year, around June or so, I started trying to fix myself, then Bailey happened all over again and through it all I was very vulnerable. It broke me all over again, but I'm in better hands this time around.

You probably wouldn't gather it from this journal, but I'm really involved in my church. I run sound and the projector. I used to be a lot more than just involved though.

Don't panic, I'm not going to start preaching or anything.

In 2006 I was 14 and we got a new youth pastor. Well we got a youth pastor period, small church and all that. His name: Robert Collins. Being 14 I was wary of him just in general but it didn't take long for me to come to love him, at first as a mentor, and now as a brother. I'm getting ahead of myself though.

The thing is, just like every teenager, I've changed a lot in the past 7 years, almost 8 now, and looking back the only real constant I've had is him. He's never hesitated to be there for me when the world was falling apart. He's always been real with me when I needed... persuasion. He has absolutely been a best friend to me, and now I find myself in a place I never really considered.

I'm sitting on a top bunk in a dorm room at a church campground attending a conference for youth and children's ministry leaders. On a bottom bunk next to me is Poppa Squishy (that's Robert, long story) snoring up a storm. He actually squeaked earlier, no lie, it was great. Somewhere outside there's a group of guys singing different worship songs along to an acoustic guitar and it's awesome. But in the back of my mind I feel myself nagging. The part of me that's bitter, angry, and alone. It's weaker than normal but it's there and I can't help but think, maybe that piece WANTS to be alone. I look back and I feel like I went to all of these extremes to shut people out. Maybe I wanted space, maybe I wanted to try and heal, whatever I was thinking it was stupid. I've spent so long determined to be hurt, insistent on being alone, thriving on being broken, that I forgot what it felt like to truly live.

And all it took to realize that was a short chubby youth pastor who refused to watch my face dissolve into the crowd.

Balls, I'm crying again.

I don't know that I'm 100% ready to start over but I'm progressing, something I haven't done since everything fell apart. And I felt like that was worth sharing. I may check back in tomorrow night after the conference is over. Who knows? Maybe I'll finally figure out what direction I want to take from here.

No need to apologize, you know...I think the journal zone is the one place you're allowed to drop a load. Also, progress, by nature, is not instantaneous...is like that one YouTube video that stalls and buffers but keeps playing the audio even though the connection is perfectly fine. Horra-bad analogy but you get the point.

• Like 1

Welp, it time for me to say those words that have to get someone other just me excited. For those of you who follow my writing I have a new chapter ready for consumption. Chapter four of "Of Wubs and Words" is up. Just follow this link http://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/422133 When it asks for a password (because the chapter hasn't been published yet) it's "edit".

Now, just a heads up, my proofreader hasn't gotten to it just yet so it may be a bit rough around the edges. An odd phrase here, a missing apostrophe there, so if something is off just clap three times and whisper "I believe in the grammar Nazi" and then keep reading. And for those of you who would prefer to wait, I'll update once he's done his thing.

Right, the chapter has been edited any published, just follow the link in the post above and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

22. I'm 22 years old today. Wow.I don't even know where the last year went. It feels like a week ago that my German proofreader was over for a visit, which was actually 4 months ago. Save a few specific things I feel like I've been on autopilot for the last year, maybe longer.

Another lap around the sun and I'm still here. I'm gonna be honest, I kinda wanted to get all deep and stuff like I did last year but the thing is I bought Shadow of the Colossus HD last night and I'm kinda addicted to it at the moment so yeah.

Happy Birthday to me.

I'm not where I wanna be.

I should really have a job by now.

And my lost love still hates me.

Monky out.

• 1 month later...

The holidays are over already? Dang.

So while it hasn't been an unusually long time since my last post, I did manage to let the end of the old year and all of the new one so far slip by. So what's the word with the Monky?

First off, I have found myself in the possession of an Alienware XS1 R2 and it is amazing. I managed to be able to play a few things on my old "craptop" but it was always on the lowest possible settings and it always ran them begrudgingly. Now, it's like a whole new world had been opened up to me. Minecraft, Amnesia, BIT-TRIP, Bastion, I can finally experience them as they were meant to be played, not to mention, no more lagging around in Dungeon Defenders sessions with ShyYoungBrony and Jon3Mac.. Also, thanks to Steam sales, I can finally screw around with Skyrim mods. I've had the game on 360 since it came out but its a whole new beast now. Have a screenshot or two to prove it.

So Christmas was good for the most part. There were two new empty chairs at the family tables this year though. That's never easy, but it's neither her nor there at the moment.

New Years was good. we had a watch night service at church, with great food and amazing singing to usher in 2014. It ended a little bitter-sweet though. As we were eating I noticed mt Ex's mom floating around handing off her phone to people and watching said people light up. It didn't take long to figure out, not even at one in the morning. Bailey had called and she spent an hour talking to nearly fifty people. Of course I wasn't included, but it was expected. After our last "chat" (see: huge fight) early last October, a few months after out second break up, there's not all that much to say. If the Bailey I used to love still exists, shes buried under a lust for attention over affection. The... thing that she's become now, I don't think she remembers what love is anymore and my only hope is that she realizes just how far she's fallen before it's to late.

Anywho, that's not what I wanted to talk about either. What I do want to talk about is the possibility of community game days or weekends. Note: when I day weekend, I mean Friday and Saturday. Sundays are full because I'm the sound man at church. Below will be a list of games I have at my disposal split into games I've played and games I haven't.

Played games from most experience to least.
Dungeon Defenders.
Minecraft.*
Left 4 Dead 2.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Civilization V.

*If Minecraft happens it will be the free 24 hour servers until I get a budget and decent interest.

Games I own but haven't played or played less than an hour of but am curious to try.
Killing Floor
Team Fortress 2.
Orcs Must Die 2

And before anyone gives me flack about not playing something, just remember that it was an issue of hardware.

Right, so that's what I've got, let me know if you're interested via below, in a pm, or on skype (username cavemonkynick) your choice. Catch ya later.

Does SF-O still have Killing Floor games? I remember we used to get a bunch of members together and forsake TF2 nights to play Killing Floor. Unofficially, of course.

Sadly, my hardware issue has yet to resolve itself looking like it will be at most till march before I get something of worth. Though I have the funds to build a good desktop hauling it around really wouldn't suit my pending lifestyle for the next 2-3 years. I have solved the internet problem, but this machine can only handle to tf2 and 2-D games before splod'in. 

• 4 weeks later...

So there are three things I'd like to share with you. The first is a story. My very good friend and proofreader, ShyYoungBrony, has published his first story, The Guide to the Moon. It acts as a companion story to my own The Guide to the Stars, detailing Luna's time and state of mind during her imprisonment on the moon. It's a great story and you all should go give it a read.

Next order of business, I've started doing Let's Play's over on my YouTube channel under the name "MPG" which stands for "Monky Plays Games". So far I've recorded a few different things, Some Bit-Trip Runner 2, a short 2 part LP of SCP-087-B, and Metroid Prime which is my favorite so far. The links will take you to the respective playlists.

The last thing ties in with both my videos and writing. I've picked back up my twitter account. That's where I'll be dropping updates on videos and updates on writing that don't warrant a blog post so go give that a follow if your interested.

Right then, that's all I've really got for you right now. As far as writing goes, I've got a pretty good amount done on the next chapter of both In the Name of the Moon and Of Wubs and Words. Both are just one good night of inspiration from being ready, so hopefully soon.

See y'all around.

• 1 month later...

First things first, story update. "Of Wubs and Words" has a new chapter, go read it and stuff. On to other things.

For future reference, this is spoiler free.

The last week and a half has been very roller coaster for me, and not for any life reasons. Saturday before last, March 1st, ImplodingColon published the beginning of the 5th story in the Austraeoh series. Now seven thousand years ago, I found Austraeoh when it was still in progress and kept up with it to its end. Back then, we all thought it was over. Then there was a sequel, although we didn't  know that's what it was, and that's why I originally didn't read it. I threw it in my read later, said I'd come back when it was complete, and promptly forgot about it. Then it was a trilogy and I had yet another story in my read later. And then there was a fourth.

The fifth broke me. I couldn't sit by and let what is now planned to be a 12 story epic pass me by. So I spent eight days reading, stopping only to do housework, fix my food (then eat while reading), do bathroom things, and sleep. I'm caught up now and I'm happy and eager to see how things play out and all that jazz, but spending so long focused on one universe has brought one of my biggest problems with the way I ingest content.

I recorded a set of Metroid Prime 2 today, and in my rambling I came to this realization.

I highly value immersion. When I read a story or play a game, I live it. So needless to say, after eight days with my head stuck in the world of this story, it took the better part of a day to pull myself out. ShyYoungBrony knows this because I spent like 10 minutes moaning at him on Skype at 3 in the morning (for me) about getting in too deep. I stopped about 30 chapters away from the end of the 4th story, and I found myself genuinely moping as I went about my bedtime routine. For those of you who've read the series, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and go read it, just maybe spread it out a bit if you like to go as deep as I do.

I'm not really saying this is a bad thing but it can be a bit dangerous if you're trying to maintain your own universe. I've mentioned this before, but every night I entertain my own while I wait to fall asleep, and recently those nightly sessions have concerned the future of "In the Name of the Moon." and three nights ago I caught myself accepting a thread of logic from the Austraeoh and it was three minutes later before I even realized I did it.

But yeah, enough about that. I feel like it's worth mentioning that I'm still doing the lets play stuff, and if you're interested in hearing the Monky ramble while playing games head over to my channel. I recommend either the Metroid Prime or the Left 4 Dead videos. It's not the best Let's Playing ever but its a bit of a genuine look into the way my mind normally works, so that's something I guess.

Anyways, Monky out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I sell RV's now. Mainly Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels.

I started just over a week ago, and I officially know more about the subject than I ever thought I would, which admittedly wasn't much. I'm not really sold on the lifestyle to be honest, but I can see the appeal. Some of the fifth wheels on the lot are nicer than my house. My youth pastor got me the job, he works there with his father-in-law who owns the place.

Now normally this would be the part where I tell you that working 8:30 to 6:00 five days a week might interfere with my writing, but lets be honest, my writing output is inconsistent at best so this probably won't change anything.

In other news, my LP of Metroid Prime is finally completed! The last episode went up this morning. Click here if you wanna go watch the playlist. Also I've started doing Weekly Rambles while playing Minecraft that go up every Friday. Go watch those and feel free to throw ideas at me to ramble about.

Anyways, I'm gonna go celebrate my day off by doing nothing probably. I'll be recording next week's ramble later today so I won't have to do it half asleep after work one day.

Monky Out.

So I was unwinding after work by tormenting myself with Super Hexagon and I had an idea. On my last blog over on fimfic, Goldenarbiter brought up having friends on, which was already in the works at the time, but I thought why not take that further.

On that note, anyone wanna hang out in a future Minecraft ramble session? I think it could make for some interesting conversations. Until I have time to work out servers and the like, this will likely mean just sitting on a Skype call and shooting the bull while I faf about in the game. I only ask two things of anyone who's interested.

1. Let's try and keep language to a minimum. That's just a personal standard of mine. I know it may seem hypocritical when I swear in my blogs and stories but I have a different standard for videos.

2. Have a topic in mind. Pick something that interests you.

If your interested in being part of the ramble leave a comment, or send me a message and we'll go from there, although I may not have a chance to follow up until tomorrow. It's late and I'm turning in soon.

Anyways, Monky out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a bit hesitant to talk about this because I didn't know if it would take, but a few weeks ago I attempted to contact Bailey for the first time in over six months. On my end it was a last ditch attempt to let go for good. For all my whining about the break up and trying to pin everything on her, I wasn't exactly a model boyfriend. I'd been holding on to all of these things I'd done, ignoring them because of how she'd shut me out. So I laid it all out, apologized for my part, and let it all go. For the next two days I felt a little better, like I'd taken a step towards putting my life back together, and I had. Then something I wasn't expecting happened.

She replied.

More than that, she honest to god reached out to me. She did some apologizing of her own and confessed that she'd been a bit of a wreck ever since everything went down as well. We came to the agreement that while as long as we're apart things will never work out romantically, and they probably wouldn't even if she did come home for good, but despite all of that hating each other was too much work.

So we're friends now. It's still kind of awkward. We've agreed to be honest with each other and in doing so it's become painfully obvious that I miss us more than she does but at this point it's just nice to know she misses me at all.

On a totally different note I'm playing softball with the church now. Despite my Army JROTC days in high school I've never really been athletic. I got a Varsity Jacket for One Act play for crying out loud (region champs both years though justsayin) but I've always enjoyed messing around with my friends so when we decided to join a local co-ed league I signed on. My throwing and hitting are inconsistent at best but I am the best outfielder on the team so that's something I guess. (No it's not, we're all terrible. Shush don't tell.)

Also, having money is pretty freaking great. I mean after bills and gas and food I don't really have that much but I can go off with friends and do stuff now. On top of that I have enough left a month for Gamefly which means I'm catching up on some games I missed. I got to play Arkham Asylum finally, it was awesome. Now I'm playing Assassins Creed 3. Story wise it was definitely the most confusing of the series initially but I'm enjoying it still.

That's really All I have for now. Just kinda wanted to give an update.

Catch ya'll around.

Monky out

• 1 month later...

So Redeemer did a thing for one of my stories.
cmncom_by_i__redeemer__i-d7k471h.png

And then she interviewed me for some reason. (Ok, It was because I mentioned that I thought an interview would be cool, I was right, and I want to do it again sometime)

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

My full name is Nicholas Williams, Nick for short. I'm 22 years old and live in south-east Georgia. I've lived here my whole life. I'm a home body, run the media and sound for my church, and work as a salesman for a new/used RV dealer.

2. Your fanfic seems something you're quite passionate about, where did it all start?

"In the Name of the Moon" started out as "A Fresh Perspective" and was going to be your basic style Luna fic. Luna gets out of the castle and learns more about modern society yadda yadda, that sort of thing. It's a sequel to my first fic "Her Sword, Shield, and Friend." More on the story of that one later.
Writing in general is something I've always enjoyed. When I was in middle school, 6th grade I think, I was in an Honors English class and we were given an assignment to write a short story about whatever we wanted. I never turned it in and got a zero because I went totally overboard and started a huge epic that borrowed heavily (see: kinda ripped off) from Golden Sun what with elemental powers and all that. The original story was pretty crap but I worked on it for like 3 years on and off (usually when I was supposed to be doing school work) before scrapping it and starting over in high school. I lost my files a few years ago but I've thought about restarting it again. Haven't found the right inspiration yet though

3. Do you have the whole plot thought out or are you winging it?

A bit of both. At this point the story feels like two separate ones to me. There are the pieces that remain from the original concept, which I completely write as I go, and then there's the new parts, which I've thought out a lot more. I actually was close to abandoning the original story when I had the idea for the second one. Putting them together is the only thing that kept it alive.

4. Don't you also do Let's Plays?

I do, it's a recent development. I started just before I got hired at my current job. I figured I'd try and make something out of the countless hours I spend in front of my T.V.

5. Which games are you covering so far?

The big one right now is the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've finished the first game and am currently working through Echoes, which is my favorite. I've also started playing Metroid Other M despite my better judgment, and am about to start uploading a XCOM Enemy Within. Then there's the Weekly Minecraft Ramble (which I've fallen behind on thanks to work and being a lazy bum on my off days)

6. You seem to enjoy the social side of gaming and TV shows, do you have any other plans for the future?

I have a few ideas but none that I can really support with my current setup. I tried streaming but I don't have the bandwidth or the audience to really support that right now. Other than that I do want to have more people sit in the rambles with me. Especially you, Redeemer. We're doing this thing.

7. What inspires you?

Music is a big one. Being on the lawnmower is another. The way I figure it there's two parts to the conscious mind. There's the logic part that handles physical tasks and the rest of it handles the thoughts that don't really have bearing on anything. Like when you've been up for 17 hours and you find yourself wondering why Walgreens has brown walls. That's the part that tells great stories and seeing as sleep deprivation isn't the most readily available option, riding the lawnmower and listening to music is the next best thing for distracting myself so I can think.
As far as specific sources, I listen to a lot of game remixes and pony music. Some of my favorite artists are GeneralMumble, Blind, Zircon, BigGiantCircles, Benjamin Briggs, FamilyJules7x, Theophany, and Woody. Those last two make some of the best stuff to write to. If you haven't heard any of their work, do yourself a favor and spend some time on YouTube. You won't regret it.

8. Okay so because we're curious - this pic sniffs of shipping a little... what is the relationship between Night Wing and Luna?

This is the big one isn't it? Ok, so for starters Night Wing didn't even start as Night Wing. I have a nightly ritual of making up stories in my head revolving around an original character named Tomas Aran who interacts with a plethora of different worlds. Most of it is a bit silly but he's my way of exploring and developing my head canon. Once I got into FIM I started including the ponyverse.
 Thanks to a few of the first stories I read on FimFiction, I developed a soft spot for Luna. Night Wing came about as a way for me to tell Luna the way I see her, a lonely soul who was corrupted and lost 1000 years of her life. The more I explored Luna, the more Night Wing came alive. He evolved from a placeholder to tell a story into what he is now.
That brings us back to the original question I suppose. Originally they were just going to be friends then that turned into them being into a romantic relationship, but now I'm not really sure where it will end up. There's a lot of stuff about to go down, and the ride will tell me where I take them.

9. Would you say you're a "brony"?

If anyone else were asking, I might have called that a loaded question. Some people would argue that I have to be one, seeing as I write fanfiction (me being one of those people) but at the same time there's so much stigma around the title thanks to bashing and all around stupid people on all sides of the argument to the point of it becoming a label.
I enjoy the show, I create content, and I greatly enjoy the content of others. Call that what you want.

10. Thanks for the interview, have any last notes to say to us?

Drugs are bad, chicken is delicious, and House MD was an amazing show.
In all seriousness though, I say this a lot but writing is a big passion of mine. I pour a lot of myself into my words. Some days it's to put the crap I've been through to good use. Some days I write about worlds I wish I lived in. Some days I write so these fictional characters in my head can have their own story. There's so many different ways to look at it, but it all boils down to this: I love writing, and even though I'm slow and definitely not the best writer out there, I plan to keep at it for a long time to come.

Monky Out

• 3 weeks later...

Today I drove an hour to wait in a line for another hour and a half to play a video game for four minutes. It was pretty great.

For those of you who don't know, last Wednesday and today, Best Buy (I originally unintentionally switched out the vowel in "Best" so that it read "Bust Buy" and ShyYoungBrony almost died (because he's here now)) stores had an event where you could play the Wii U version of the new Super Smash Brothers game for the first time. Lately I've been wanting to do something to get out of the house that wasn't work so I jumped at the chance to go.

So Jon3Mac came over when I got off of work Thursday and stayed the night. We spent all of that night and most of yesterday playing Project M (a hack of Smash Bros. Brawl that makes it more like Melee if you didn't know) in preparation.

We left this morning half an hour past when I wanted to and since I haven't drove in Augusta in over a year I took the wrong exit twice.

At this point I need to mention that I have this "I'm not so grump" shirt from when Jon was still with the grumps. The navy blue one that they advertised right before he left. I've yet to dunk it in blue water.

So we got in line at the thing and this guy who was about my height but a bit bigger around than me just kinda yells from a few steps away, "SHIRT!" He caught me off guard and I was like "what?? He said he liked my shirt, still kinda screaming, and was all "I hate that Jon is gone" but he said it in a way that felt like he thought he had found someone to rant about it with. I brushed it off with a "he had every right to leave if he wanted to and at least he still does his own stuff" and the loud man-child kinda lost interest in me.

Jon3mac and I briefly and quietly discussed how sad it is that the many are judged by the few.

About ten minutes later he starts to storm off, turns around and tells someone to stay in line but before he can walk away that someone, who turned out to be his mom, told him to come back. She was telling him something for a few minutes and he said "I don't even want to be next to you right now" really loud and stormed off again, reaffirming our discussion. His mom left later.

Jon3Mac muttered "Good for her," when we noticed she was gone.

Anyways, there was a big second screen hooked up to the demo so we could all watch the fights and it was  genuinely fun. Each set of four people got to play 2 rounds of 2 minute fights. The game was fun to play too. Smash looks really great at 60 fps and seeing the Nintendo never fails to leave me awestruck.

Then we ate chicken, bought dog food, and came home.

All in all, a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

So earlier this week I had a sinus infection which gave me a fever. In my delirium I decided to write a journal from the perspective of my character in our Minecraft server. Did I mention the fever? Yeah. anyways, I figured I'd share. Enjoy.

When I first entered this world, I had nothing but my two best friends beside me. Young and eager we struck out in search of somewhere to call home. After three long nights of hiding in holes, climbing mountains, and laughing as Jon3Mac got killed by the same witch multiple times we came across a small peninsula overlooking a lake with a lone tree on a single block of land in the middle of it.

Jon was not impressed.

I, however, was enamored with the lone tree and the idea of having a natural lava pond (now fountain) outside our front door, and Cualcua was happy with anywhere he could grow crops, so I exercised what little authority I had as provider of the world and staked a claim.

After leveling the land so that farms could be constructed, I began to dig. I squared off a small room to set up facilities in, a bench, furnaces, chests, the usual. Then I made a small room for beds. Satisfied that our small home was functional I went deeper, digging into the unexplored bowels of the earth. My efforts gained us many useful resources. Coal, Iron, Redstone, all things that are taken for granted in an established workplace were exciting finds for me as they were the lifeblood that would sustain our existence.

Meanwhile, Cualcua had begun tilling soil while Jon3Mac prepared fences and attempted to improve the design of our utilitarian home.

Jon's calling was finally realized when my mining and Cualcua's farming produced the makings of a map. As soon as the empty parchment was in his grasp, Jon set out to explore the surrounding land.

As I continued digging, finding lakes of lava, caves of creepers, and eventually Diamonds, Jon stumbled upon a nearby village, half a day's hike to the Northwest. There he spent a few days with the locals, shaping up their homes and attempting to drive off the hoards of undead that came pounding on the doors every night.

Alas, his efforts were in vain. Haunted by what he had seen, Jon chased the sunset. I do not know what he hoped to find, maybe he wished to simply die alone as penance for his inability to save the village. All I know is that going west was a decision that changed his entire role in our world forever.

Jon3Mac saw many wondrous things on his west-ward pilgrimage. Snow capped mountains that clawed at the sky, oceans of jade forests, and rivers that carved the landscape. One morning, with the sun at his back he came across a large field.

Back home, we worried for the safety of our friend. I had sunk my worry into my work and stumbled across an abandoned mineshaft as a result. On the same morning that Jon found the meadow, I found myself compelled to place two of the saddles I'd found in the mine into my pack. I closed my eyes and sighed. Suddenly, I felt as though I had been moved.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a large field, surrounded by wild horses. Before me was my lost friend. Through some strange power, he had brought me to him.

We spent the next few hours catching up and picking out horses. Jon chose a plain brown mare while I picked a black stallion splotched with white. Jon then picked out a donkey for me to take back to Cualcua.

A few days before Jon left, the two had a dispute over a scarecrow that Jon had built in the middle of our wheat field. The result was Jon building our Nether portal directly below said field so that the sounds would haunt Cualcua while he worked.

It would seem the dispute was far from forgotten.

On the trek home, I was separated from Jon and after nearly a week of wandering I miraculously stumbled on the abandoned village Jon had tried so hard to save. A day of rest later and I set out again, managing to make it home.

I found Jon in mourning. Unable to use his power to bring me, my horse, and the donkey to him, he had gone looking for me. As night fell he was ambushed by a creeper and he and his horse fell into a river. The poor girl never came up.

A few days later, Jon set out to find where he'd lost her so he could build a memorial. When he returned I was stunned by what I saw.

My friend, riding the undead skeleton of a horse.

"Death is simple to understand but very hard to accept."

The words my father once told me kept bouncing around my skull as I watched Jon tie up his undead steed, whom he'd named Tarot.

After the initial shock wore off we all just moved on from the issue. I continued to dig, Cualcua began breeding cows and chickens, and Jon started a sheep farm. After collecting enough sheep to color each one with all the different dyes he'd gathered, he christened his farm "Weaving Rainbow."

He also kept Tarot there because she scared the donkey.

Days turned into weeks and Jon started making plans for some sort of device that would create and safely kill the monsters that roamed the world at night so we could gather their resources.

It was around this time that a new face found its way into our little group.

I know not how SelbyKristen found us but we accepted her with open arms. After giving her a tour of our home, she set out to build her own. For the next few nights, she could be heard screaming obscenities at any creature that got too close in the dark.

Jon began work on his "Mob Farm" as he called it. To this day I am unsure how he managed to suspend it in the air unsupported. When it was done, it looked like a sacrificial alter, but it served its purpose. I've yet to run out of arrows.

I had begun to notice a change in Jon. Ever since he returned with Tarot, he had been performing greater and greater feats that no mortal man should be capable of. He had seemingly unraveled the very secrets of the world itself, and was using them to bend certain parts of it to his will.

I admit I was concerned at first. Power can be a maddening thing, but I trusted my friend, and in the end, that trust proved to be the stronger conviction.

With the alter complete, and SelbyKristen attempting to build a house over a lava flow we almost didn't notice our new neighbor move in across the lake.

When I introduced myself to Vaxeres she seemed quite excited to have a fresh slate to start with. I offered her some supplies, but she politely declined so I left her to her work. She built quickly, and while Selby was managing her third fire of the week, Vaxeres was picking out wallpaper, so to speak. Then she disappeared for a week.

Curious I set out to find her. Cualcua told me he had last seen her heading north. I found her building on the side of a mountain, but something was wrong. When I approached her, she spoke with the voice of a man and acted as if we had never met. After some more questioning I finally figured Vaxeres out.

They were two people sharing the same body.

My first reaction to the revelation about Vaxeres was to run back home and tell the others. However, as I made my way back home and Jon literally flew by me, Vaxeres didn't seem all that strange to me anymore. I told them anyway.

Selby and Jon took the news at face value and just moved on with their lives. Cualcua took a peculiar interest in Vaxeres though I know not the nature or extent of that interest.

Weeks past.

Over time, Jon's powers became commonplace, he even taught the rest of us how to fly. As I continued to dig my holes and build sprawling underground railways, Jon began building oddities around our base. They started as small things: a tree growing out of the side of a mountain here, some strange signs there. Before long he was building faux alters around things we'd left behind on our journey.

To this day I do not understand the origin of these powers, nor to I pretend to know Jon's intentions. What  I do know is that as long as both play out, the world will never stop being interesting.

So yeah. That happened. I'm thinking about writing side journals every time something stupid happens, like when Selby spawned 15 ocelots in her house and they all got out.

Anyways, Monky Out.

• 1 month later...

So I'm looking for productive ways to pass the time at work during the few slow parts of the day. With that in mind, anyone got a few short writing prompts for me to take a swing at? I used to have a topic for this somewhere around here but I don't thing it's been touched in years so I figured I'd just ask here. So, any takers?

Sorry nick, all i've got is this weird stuff.

> Fox's reaction to receiving a hug

> How you, the agent of Slenderman, plan to takeover the site. (which is a RP of mine you should totes check out)

Wait, is in, I'm the agent in the RP? Shaper's been spreading my secre- I MEAN LIES!

Anyways, Now I have something to do at work tomorrow, woo.

• 1 month later...

Another year, another uncle I've carried to his final resting place. I'm starting to run out.

I've carried on about funerals before so I'll spare you most of the spiel. I will say this one was a little different than the last few. At my aunts request, I had to sing at this one. It was an honer to be asked, don't get me wrong, but standing on a stage in a suit and tie singing to an audience in mourning, it was a bit surreal.

I certainly won't be volunteering for that should the chance arise.

Anyways, I got a second monitor setup for my desktop at home. It's definitely made my recording a lot easier.
10628770_838962539447169_477454082978841
I'm like a kid with a new toy with it.

Not much else going on really. I haven't made much writing progress at all since, like, April or something. It'll come. It always does.

Monky Out.