StarFox Assault Unlockables >300 Multiplayer Games

LoneWolf

I recently sat down and re-played Assault to prep myself for Zero. Albeit short, Assault still holds up pretty well and I definitely enjoyed myself.

The "meat" of Assault is frequently considered to be the multiplayer, so I got a few of my flatmates together and we fucked around for a few hours. I don't have much unlocked, but as I understand unlocks are based primarily (not entirely, there are some that are easily done in the story) off of number of matches run.

After doing some reading online, it seems like once you hit the >300-400 match count you unlock some pretty interesting stuff. Among the rumored unlockables are Krystal's Staff, General Scales, Rob, and even Andross. I can't seem to find any proof that these unlocks actually exist, and I don't want to spend an entire day grinding matches for nothing. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places and overlooking sources, but has anyone actually had any luck unlocking the later characters? Or is this just one of those cul-de-sac myths that 'that one kid' in your neighborhood used to spread?

The mentioned unlocks are fake, and originated from a false post on some game cheats website. Anything involving Andross in Assault is to be taken with a grain of salt. The most exotic things you can unlock are the Wolfen, and the hugely OP fireburst pods.

The only unlock I remember is if you don't loose a teammate on the final level you unlock Wolf in multi.

With that said I haven't finished Assault.

1 hour ago, Dr. Orange said:

The only unlock I remember is if you don't loose a teammate on the final level you unlock Wolf in multi.

With that said I haven't finished Assault.

From what I can gather, it looks like not losing a teammate on all levels on any difficulty unlocks Wolf. As far as I know, the remainder of the Star Wolf team is also unlockable.

I figured a good amount of the rumors were 100% fake, but I'd definitely like to see what the actual endgame unlocks look like.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

From what I can gather, it looks like not losing a teammate on all levels on any difficulty unlocks Wolf. As far as I know, the remainder of the Star Wolf team is also unlockable.

I figured a good amount of the rumors were 100% fake, but I'd definitely like to see what the actual endgame unlocks look like.

Being someone that has 100% completion of the game, I can with 100% confidence confirm for you that no one from Star Wolf, aside from Wolf, is unlockable.  So, don't get your hopes up.  What you will have to look out for are:  A few match modes (Booster Pack Brawl, Booster Pack and Launcher Tilt), a few stages (Zones Sea Base, Simple Map 5), one ship (herp-derp Wolfen), and a few new weapons (Predator Rockets, Cluster Bombs).

You probably already know this, but you can unlock the Demon Sniper in VS Mode if you collect all of the S flags.  A bit tough, but manageable if you know exactly where they are.  Some are so weirdly placed and designed that you have to shoot at a random place in a corner or just at air where it's at.

And I've said my piece for today!

57 minutes ago, Harmony Descent said:

Being someone that has 100% completion of the game, I can with 100% confidence confirm for you that no one from Star Wolf, aside from Wolf, is unlockable.  So, don't get your hopes up.  What you will have to look out for are:  A few match modes (Booster Pack Brawl, Booster Pack and Launcher Tilt), a few stages (Zones Sea Base, Simple Map 5), one ship (herp-derp Wolfen), and a few new weapons (Predator Rockets, Cluster Bombs).

You probably already know this, but you can unlock the Demon Sniper in VS Mode if you collect all of the S flags.  A bit tough, but manageable if you know exactly where they are.  Some are so weirdly placed and designed that you have to shoot at a random place in a corner or just at air where it's at.

Got it! Seems like almost everything I've read so far is misinformation, surprised a lot of the Wikis etc that I found the og info on were left unedited. Thanks for clarifying!

Good way to fact-check that kind of stuff: YouTube. If there aren't any videos of people playing with those supposed unlocks, they don't exist. This is especially true for a 10-year-old game.

• Like 2

Getting the Demon Rifle is pretty hard, I think its getting every single S-flag.  I remember back in like 2005-2006 I was playing the game with my brothers and we remember looking at all these rumors like Andrew Oikonney's ship, things that don't sound like they would be in the game probably aren't...

I don't really see the worth in unlocking the Demon Sniper, seeing how hard it is to get, and considering how OP it might end up being if I did unlock it (Seeing how powerful the regular sniper rifle already is).

I imagine it could take down anything in one shot, so while it may level the playing field against Wolf in a Sniper battle, outside of that, I imagine in Wolf's hands, the whole battle could become one-sided, so with that assumption, I've never bothered yet.

49 minutes ago, CommanderRed said:

Getting the Demon Rifle is pretty hard, I think its getting every single S-flag.  I remember back in like 2005-2006 I was playing the game with my brothers and we remember looking at all these rumors like Andrew Oikonney's ship, things that don't sound like they would be in the game probably aren't...

That would have been a dream come true for me. Next, I want a Cornerian Cruiser to battle it with.

Edited by amcintyr9998
!!! I guess I'm not double posting! Never did an edit to include a quote until now! XD

Well it becoming one-sided is pretty fun in assault. Wolf with the Wolfen and Demon Rife on corneria is pretty fun because everyone tries to get wolf. Corneria with jetpacks and Peppy is extremely one side, knowing that he is the only one who can scale the skyscraper, to the point that arwings cannot even touch him. It makes it fun to go after other characters.

46 minutes ago, amcintyr9998 said:

I imagine it could take down anything in one shot

Just imagine the Demon Launcher, but with a scope and unable to lock-on, and you have yourself the Demon Sniper.

1 hour ago, CommanderRed said:

Getting the Demon Rifle is pretty hard, I think its getting every single S-flag.

I JUST made a comment about that already lol

23 hours ago, Harmony Descent said:

You probably already know this, but you can unlock the Demon Sniper in VS Mode if you collect all of the S flags.  A bit tough, but manageable if you know exactly where they are.

^^^^^

• 4 weeks later...

The demon sniper is hilariously redundant tbh because only Wolf has enough HP to survive a regular sniper rifle shot in assault anyway. Pfffft.

Peppy's charge shot is off set but him being super fragile and slow!